What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Ur Favorite Beer?

PeterMoss

Usually 7/7 if I go out drinking but this is a beer thread which I love drinking too.

Moosehead, Guiness, New Castle are some of my favorites. Leinekugals has a beer they make called Oktoberfest that comes out around October and stays on the shelf till around the first of the year which has a good flavor to it.

treble

hey glock...

harp... now thats a nice lager... I loved that and we could get it round all the english style pubs here.... nice one!.. haven't seen it on tap in a while..wow I almost forgot that about it...cool

and singha beer... hmmm nice drop.... dont drink the gold tho.. bad bad shit.. they still use fumaldahide to preserve that shit... thats what I heard anyways...

cheers
treb

Last edited:

glock23

one in the chamber
Veteran
There's a lot of formaldehyde used in Chinese brews too...it's popular in Asia. I guess I shouldn't worry about it too much...I've smoked formaldehyde before :(

G

nasty...why the fuck would they use formaldehyde and why are you smoking it glock LOL

time to crack open another ....

glock23

one in the chamber
Veteran
I was like 14 and I bought some weed that was straight up formaldehyde sprayed. Really schwaggy...almost gave my cousin a heart attack. Thank god I don't have to buy weed anymore...I've had pesticide, mold and PCP at various times in my life too.

Formaldehyde is a preservative; it's sometimes used to keep organs in pristine condition so you can view 'em in labs or museums.

Last edited:

growmatic

In the summer it's probably Lost Coast Brewery's Great White, in the winter it's all about the Sierra Nevada Celebration Ale...

G

Yeah I knew it was a preservative, but shit I didnt know they put it in beer!

Sucks man....I am always paranoid when it comes to shwag...never know what the hell it is. smells weird, looks weird, taste weird...kinda like fuck it just smoke it lol take a risk lol luckily I dont mess with that stuff anymore.

shit lol Id try to stay away from beer with that in it..I didnt know they sold it

I guess I like sam adams too much cuz thats all ive been drinking for the past couple months...

slyfoxberg

tngreen said:
you sir, have great taste in beer! Yuengling is by far my favorite. only problem, they dont sell it where i live! :fsu: so i have to drink bass, harp, or sierra nevada.

it helps to live within 100 miles of the brewery. i'll have a cold draft of lager for you after work tommorrow. apparently thay have also opened a brewery in florida too. look around folks, Yuengling Lager is an up and comer in the beer world. even their light beer is better then most other lights.

slyfoxberg

oh... and if you get a chance, try Summit Pale Ale. we had it on draft where i work, but just switched over to Hofbrau Original and next are going to switch that tap to Blue Moon. Since we also have Guinness on tap we'll mix it with the Blue Moon and call it a Black and Blue, sort of like a Black and Tan.

glock23

one in the chamber
Veteran
I love that Miller High Life. Love the bottle, the label, everything. Wish I could get some here...

Slyfox: you have a great job, man. Maybe I should go talk to the guys at the local pub..they have a good assortment of ales...

G

I'll be the first to admit that I don't know shit about beer or beer tasting, but I'd just like to say that 9 times out of 10, you can find me drinking bud light or budweiser. Does it taste like water? Yes. I have had the privilege of drinking my uncle's beer when he visited for a week. Tasted pretty good. Also, Shiner Bock from my home state of Texas is also good. I also really liked the beer at Hoffbrauhaus(or something like that) and Gordon Bierch when I lived in Vegas. As far as liquor, I'll drink that when I want to get drunk fast, or can't afford beer.

glock23

one in the chamber
Veteran
genki: i haven't had a carib or red stripe in a while. used to have one of those and a presidente, along with pizza or a jamaican beef patty. never had the fortune of having any of the others. i know tusker is kenyan, though...

Last edited:
G

genkisan said:
Tusker
Carib
Sammichlaus
Maredsous 10%
Banks
Red Stripe
Gueze

couple of good 1's there,,banks's is 1 of the finest bitters in the uk second imo to bass and marstons,,i live near bass , ,banks's and marstons brewerys so ive been bought up on fine ales,

answer to the question i love em all,,,,

not 1 to knock an opinion and i drunk the stuff myself for years ,,but ask any flemish person what they think of stella artois and they'll say its piss and an insult to their fine brewing skills,,the bars in belgium have 100's of bottled beers to choose from ,usually on a menu like the weed in a coffeshop and each bottle has its on corresponding glass, normally both covered in dust ,,,Belgium is well worth a visit if u like a drink :woohoo:

glock23

one in the chamber
Veteran
Heineken is Dutch...you can get it in 3 different sizes of glasses in Amsterdam. I think the smallest is 8 ounces. They drink a shitload of it in the Netherlands. I remember getting one out of a vending machine in Amsterdam and drinking it down with breakfast...salami and gouda on some lovely bread. my next stop was the Grey Area...