What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Legal cash crop???

S

SeaMaiden

I have got to stop posting before reading an entire thread.

And not directed towards superman, but at truffle cultivation dreams in general, sorry, but those truffles ain't gonna happen hydroponically. Here's the first paragraph from wikipedia's truffle entry:

"A truffle is the fruiting body of a subterranean mushroom; spore dispersal is accomplished through fungivores, animals that eat fungi. Almost all truffles are ectomycorrhizal and are therefore usually found in close association with trees."

It seems the first place to start would be figuring out what trees to cultivate and preparing a future generation to continue your work.

I'm not trying to be a douche or anything, but I really need to get my post count up. How many is it to unlock my PM function?
Not hydroponically, no mushroom ever UNLESS you're discussing a coralllimorph that is known in the hobby and trade *as* 'mushrooms', because that's just what they look like.

red_mushroom_coral2.jpg

Heh, I got me a GARF image <snerk> (industry thing)
mush308234.jpg

greenMushroomCoral3.jpg

Now, apparently you can buy truffle oaks or truffle 'starts', something like that. Apparently Napa and Sonoma just happen to have ideal truffle growing conditions, too. But I'd be willing to give planting some truffle oaks a try on my land if there's any chance at all that they'd grow. There's no way I'll try to cultivate hydroponic oaks, let alone truffles. ;)

Mmmmmm MUSHIES! Love 'em. You cannot eat the above depicted, but they sure do make for some spectacular viewing, especially while high.

Trewarin

I'd say outdoors in a greenhouse NFT or Heath Robison style DWC Tubes....
Lettuce.
plant 1000 every week, harvest the same with 5000 growing at any given time.

$1.5-$3 a plant sold direct to gourmet restaraunts or supermarkets.

S

SeaMaiden

No, but I've kept plenty that look like those. I didn't show all the colors and forms in which they occur. They're among the easiest marine invertebrates to keep, btw.

Rondon

Opium poppies. If you could grow.enough of them...indoors...outdoors..greenhouse...you could end up a very rich person..very quickly. As a matter of fact...(the former mexican drug cartel pot farmers alredy recently figured this out) i predict...as mj becomes legql and prices plummet...you will be seeing and hearing more amd more about domestic U.S.A. production of poppies for opium production.