What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Whos getting ready for 2012 Veggie Season :-D !!!

what I killed the thread now? or are people not talking to me all of a sudden for some reason? Well anyway I wish you luck with your greenhouses, mine is destroyed, saving for a new one.

Mrs.Babba

THE CHIMNEY!!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Planted about 200 onion sets today...some red, yellow and sweet ones. Sure feels like spring around here...what a crazy winter this has been.

C

chase

I want to grow tomatoes , & hot peppers , should do good in So-Cal.It gets kind of foggy by the ocean.I dont have a very big yard .I've grown lots of them in southern ont. I'll have to get a planting time , May 15? I'll also have to look into what kind of pests a garden out side my window will attract.

Blueshark

I am placing the seed order this weekend, when I can sit down and digest the ne wBaker Creek catalog. Here on the East Coast, we still have a couple months before the real gardening begins, but it's never too soon to plan...

Black, good post. I have about a $110 order in at Baker Creek Heirloom seeds that should be here in a week. Can't wait to try the Charentais Melon.

Retardo Motabon

Seenyourmember:0
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Just got the pansies and violas planted this weekend so they will bloom on time this year:)
lotsa time left to start the veggies in these parts, though it hasnt been much of a winter at all. First winter I've seen like this.

F

Fastcast

My Black Krim didn't finish till this month,six months from seed!I don't like to wait six months to harvest tom's.Started them in August and finished in February,that's crazy.
icon9.gif
I can say that it was worth the wait though!!!But really six months is not what I had in mind.Sorry for complaining.I cut them all back to see how they do this year,but the last time I regrew a plant it didn't come out right.So I have a few Champion,and a bunch of Black Krim to salivate over.Might get some green peppers going,they seem to do good.Home grown is the best!Good luck to everyone!
ying.gif

Weird

3rd-Eye Jedi
Veteran
can anyone point me in the way of a good heirloom seed distributor

would like some nice non gmo heirloom seeds

supermanlives

Veteran
totallytomatos used to have a good selection. havent shopped their in a while tho due to saving my heirloom seeds from the fruits

WOW WOW WOW :-D This thread has really blown up in the past week :-D

Im glad to see everything prepping for their season :-D

Shall I share my new toy with you all today :-D

NEW TOY HERE!!!

Pretty excited to receive it in the mail :-D

I have some peppers started already, getting ready to harden them a bit here.
I got them under a 400watt CMH bulb right now, gotta blast them with some fans soon.
I got about 34 of them.. Sweet Bells I believe they are.
Going to be starting my onion seeds and some more pepper seeds here soon, TOMORROW actually since its the start of the Waxing moon :-D first 1/4 ill plant the onions and seeds outside the fruit veggies, 2nd 1/4 is when ill start my veggies with seeds within the fruit.

:-D

Oh ya... to comment about my first post here.. my list of veggies is to large
to list each variety of tomatoes or anything... I have MANY varieties of each type
of veggie.. I have a VERY diverse garden.

starting peppers before onions? Hardening things off already? Geez you must be in Cal or in the south. Here in the northeast, although it has been very mild and 40's even 50's (51 today), it is still way too soon for any of that here. I should have started onions already, and hanging petunias, but most things can't be started until like mid-march or april indoors, some do it sooner but then you get plants that are already flowering before being put in the garden, in other words either screwed up plants that won't amount to crap or plants that will be killed by a late freak frost. We have had snow here anywhere from October to May but usually only from November to early April. Things are too muddy to put anything in before May, and the last couple years it is July before things dried out. I miss the cold and snow we did not have this year other than that freak Oct28 15 inch snowstorm, but I do envy you too getting such an early start on the season! Enjoy my friend and happy gardening to you. peace

Don Dump

the man doctors said would never moonwalk again
Veteran
I'm going to start some seeds next week maybe. so jealous of you guys with your long growing season

sunflowers are awesome
picture.php

s13sr20det

admit nothing, deny everything, and demand proof.
Veteran
100+ chile pepper seedlings, 12 overwintered chiles, 100+ tomatoes (72 are for sale though, keeping 2 dozen) sunset runner beans growing so far

and some flowers (giant sunflower, zinnia, gaillardia)

sunflowern.jpg

12 Foot sunflowers every year anyone ?? :-D

Every year I surround my garden with Mammoth Sunflowers, all grow
easily 10+ feet, my record is 12' 4" :-D

No staking necessary either

groady-ho

as is all-too-common in my life, I succumbed to my
Veteran
75 degrees here 2day..just gave her the garden a first tillin...some peat moss and organic compost went in 2day..