What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Bump this thread - with BACON

Easygrowing

Veteran
picture.php

Aldi 4 ever !
picture.php

Beercon ?

Cheers

armedoldhippy

Veteran
next time you leave here, type in "bacon explosion". it is a barbecue website with the coolest bacon recipe...if you order one, take it to the emergency room to eat it. just LOOKING at it makes shooting pains start up my left arm toward my chest...:)

C

Chamba

The big question is ...... how do you like your bacon cooked - floppy or crispy?

I'm a crispy guy myself, anything less than that and I feel as if I'm chewing on raw rubbery bacon...it ain't cooked if it doesn't snap in half. lol

Bacon enhances just about anything it's made with, potatoes and little bits of crispy bacon go so well together.

Here's a dish I made recently -

Steam long, fat finger sized pieces of potato until in between firm and soft, remove from the steamer (in my case a rice cooker) and while still hot add lots of butter and other additives like pepper, a little salt (not too much as the bacon will add lots of salt), diced shallots or parsley, dived cabbage, etc etc to the potatoes in a bowl with high sides, then swirl, toss and turn them around for more than 30 seconds, probably less than an minute, if you have to use a spoon to make sure they are all well coated, take care not to mash or break up the slices, so use wood not metal.
Ideally, the finger sized slices will have lightly rounded edges and are not falling apart, also, the outside of the slices should be evenly lightly gooey with the butter and dissolved potato, then, of course, sprinkle lots of fine cut bacon over the potatoes and serve hot

A brunch with the above potatoes with scrambled eggs, maybe a stew as well, cold cuts of meat, veggies, some type of bread, fresh squeezed OJ, fruit etc and coffee afterwards. I prefer spuds prepared this way now, I like the texture better than mashed.

Making bacon!

Last edited:

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran

got me a dozen eggs and a 1.5 pound package of bacon, gonna be some sizzlin' happening @ my crib tonight.......

lost in a sea

Lifer
Veteran
Img_2213-718061.jpg

get some boar bacon!

you are what you eat and it tastes much better :yummy:

this above isnt my bacon, i couldnt let them all sit there even for a picture..