What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

fritillary collective organic food seed

3rd base

DocLeaf, I absolutely love your group's mission!
On another note, thanks for making me aware of Codex. Besides signing petitions and writing letters to politicians, have you any suggestions on how to combat it?

DocLeaf

procreationist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
DocLeaf, I absolutely love your group's mission!
On another note, thanks for making me aware of Codex. Besides signing petitions and writing letters to politicians, have you any suggestions on how to combat it?

Codex holds little power over homegrowers,, but lots of power over the major seed producers.. so the best way to prevent codex from homogenising seed varieties down to a few useless cultigens completely is to become more active,, become a seed guardian for yourself ,, and promote organic veggie growing with friends and family.

Collect viable seeds from heritage and heirloom stocks now ,, and start inbreeding them next season for generations of growers to enjoy well into the future.

Hope this helps

DocLeaf

procreationist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Good :D

There's loads of info. about codex alimentarius online,, utube,, homegrowing forums and so on,,.

Maybe think WHY they only sell one or two types of fresh legumes at the super-market in season,, the same grade onions all year round,, the same tasteless garlic,, only 4-5 varieties of potato out of a possible 1000+ cultigens (sweet or sour),, fruits like greengages that you cant even buy anymore,, and you will soon discover that codex has been operational for many years already,, slowly removing the markets and grocers and growers that once supplied regional and contrasting cultigens.

It's just that we were all too blinded (dumbed down by chemical toxins and TV commercials in the 1990's) to realise just how devastating the consequences were,, until recently,, which is perhaps too late in the case of some cultigens like many varieties of pea. Luckily FRT members have been working on such cultigens that will be available to homegrowers again next season.

There are several "seed vaults" that hold vast-banks of original seed stocks for the future,, (one in Norway is buried under snow with armed guards).. these seeds are being kept as back-ups by global-trade-organisations ,, for when codex is fully implemented... just in-case they need to go back to natural seed stocks to make more GM crops... many of which contain terminating-genetics,, so farmers are reliant on Codex forever for their seeds.

These Multi-packs are mainly available so growers over-seas can enjoy and hopefully benefit from the genetics in years to come.

FRT will look at increasing the amount of packs and seeds per pack in the multipack next season... if they are a good thing and ppl BIN on the x10 multi-packs sent in to seedbay.

Grow ya own,, and keep plenty seeds back,, that's our advice!

FRT Ah pumpkin seed and the FRT red corn are also edible as seed when stored,, best of both worlds :D

Last edited:

DocLeaf

procreationist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thanks Wamen for the support :yes:

Seed genetics and homegrowers are fundamental to FRT :yes:

DocLeaf

procreationist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thanks esbe and Krull :yes:

Thanks also to the growers/bidders/buyers for supporting the fritillary seed collective FRT Veggie Seed Multipack so far... several packs have already gone out to homegrowers. :yes: We wish you all happy growing with these seed packs this season :D

Once again special thanks to Gypsy for making these FRT Veggie Seed Multipacks available on seedbay for growers to reap food from :yes:

For specific cultivation information on the varieties included in the FRT Veggie Seeds Multipack ,, homegrowers please pm me :canabis:

I absolutely love the special varieties of veggies you have DocLeaf

Are you guys working on any other veggies? I'd like to have an indoor garden while I wait for the heat to cool down around me. However, I'm not too sure what I would like to grow. Lettuce is OK but it gets bland; onions, peppers, green beans are all good though.

I'm a fan of interesting looking yet delicious veggies like
GetImage.axd

Do you guys have any plans for things like that?

DocLeaf

procreationist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I absolutely love the special varieties of veggies you have DocLeaf

Are you guys working on any other veggies? I'd like to have an indoor garden while I wait for the heat to cool down around me. However, I'm not too sure what I would like to grow. Lettuce is OK but it gets bland; onions, peppers, green beans are all good though.

I'm a fan of interesting looking yet delicious veggies like
GetImage.axd

Do you guys have any plans for things like that?

Hi :wave:

We work with strains in isolation each season... so one variety of pea one year, another variety the next,, to avoid cross-pollination. Very slow process, although seed stocks are slowly rising. Last season we harvested seed crops mostly, so this season we'll harvest more food crops ,, from the seeds we harvested last years,, x2 year rotation :D

FRT Inca Squashes are very interesting to look at,, seeds will be available in autumn 2010 ,, we've also got a yellow legume (like the beans in your photo) and parsnips inbreeding,, these might be ready in 2011... depends on germ rates and growth patterns and breeding again.

Several new FRT Chilli seed lines are also in the pipeline,, FRT Black Twilight will be in its 3rd/4th generation in autumn 2010.

It's on-growing :D

N.B. the next round of Veggie Multipacks on seedbay will have more seeds in :joint:

diggity

Hey whats happening docleaf :wave:

im gonna order some of these multi pack veggie seeds youve got listed right now doc. im thinking about doing a veggie-grow-log this season w/ pics of course! :jump: :dance013: im really looking forward to this upcoming season

btw, us chat regulars are hanging out at "bubbleman's hideout" that is, fullmeltbubble chat, until we get chat back here. hope you been well doc, peace

kerlito

"Tibet freedom"
Veteran
Hey , post pic of the multipack

great work DocLeaf

please another strain free whales

Last edited:

DocLeaf

procreationist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
FRT Veggie Seed Mix Pack,, (example)

picture.php

* the contents of the veggie multi packs at seedbay contain different cultigens (see post #1)

All varieties are IBL.