Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Cannabis Infirmary > Damping Off - Seeds and Seedlings

Thread Title Search
Damping Off - Seeds and Seedlings Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-06-2018, 06:17 AM #11
Oddvar

Oddvar is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by AgentPothead View Post
Technically, yes, the same fungus attack mature plants, but it's like a baby and a grown man getting the flu. The flu can easily kill the baby, but odds are it will just make the man sick, ya know?

Thank you very much for the information, men
Oddvar is online now Quote

Old 09-06-2018, 06:19 AM #12
Oddvar

Oddvar is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by AgentPothead View Post
Technically, yes, the same fungus attack mature plants, but it's like a baby and a grown man getting the flu. The flu can easily kill the baby, but odds are it will just make the man sick, ya know?
Oddvar is online now Quote

Old 09-06-2018, 06:41 AM #13
AgentPothead
Just this guy, ya know?

AgentPothead has a reputation beyond reputeAgentPothead has a reputation beyond reputeAgentPothead has a reputation beyond reputeAgentPothead has a reputation beyond reputeAgentPothead has a reputation beyond reputeAgentPothead has a reputation beyond reputeAgentPothead has a reputation beyond reputeAgentPothead has a reputation beyond reputeAgentPothead has a reputation beyond reputeAgentPothead has a reputation beyond reputeAgentPothead has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oddvar View Post
Good luck and happy growing bro.
And honestly. My fuck ups turn to gold so much the thought of fuckin up don't even bother me. So I keep it auto when I'm stepping through a portal. I know that sounds strange but, strange beats normal.
AgentPothead is online now Quote

Old 09-06-2018, 07:06 AM #14
Chappi

Chappi is a glorious beacon of lightChappi is a glorious beacon of lightChappi is a glorious beacon of lightChappi is a glorious beacon of lightChappi is a glorious beacon of lightChappi is a glorious beacon of lightChappi is a glorious beacon of lightChappi is a glorious beacon of lightChappi is a glorious beacon of lightChappi is a glorious beacon of lightChappi is a glorious beacon of light
I find that a heating mat and a small fan is usually enough to keep damping off away. The heat from the mat cause the water to evaporate faster and at the same time the airflow increases this too at the surface where this stuff likes to grow. I’ve had seeds damp off before without the heating mat. I feel that colder damp environment is the most prone.
Chappi is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-13-2019, 02:40 PM #15
TychoMonolyth

TychoMonolyth is a survivorTychoMonolyth is a survivorTychoMonolyth is a survivorTychoMonolyth is a survivorTychoMonolyth is a survivorTychoMonolyth is a survivorTychoMonolyth is a survivorTychoMonolyth is a survivorTychoMonolyth is a survivorTychoMonolyth is a survivorTychoMonolyth is a survivor
I had one seedling out of 50 Damp Off. It just fell over. I waited a couple days for a recovery, but it never came.

I gently pulled the seedling out of it's peat pot and starter mix, and put it in a short glass of plain water with a couple drops of h2o2 on a window sill. After about a week I noticed tiny hairs growing on the roots. I waited an extra few days and replanted it in another peat pot with the same starter mix. After a couple months, you couldn't tell it from the others.

Julian's Massive Outdoor Grow thread
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?threadid=62895

------------
TychoMonolyth is online now Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-14-2019, 02:17 PM #16
DrDee

DrDee is a jewel in the roughDrDee is a jewel in the roughDrDee is a jewel in the roughDrDee is a jewel in the roughDrDee is a jewel in the roughDrDee is a jewel in the roughDrDee is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by TychoMonolyth View Post
I gently pulled the seedling out of it's peat pot and starter mix, and put it in a short glass of plain water with a couple drops of h2o2 on a window sill. After about a week I noticed tiny hairs growing on the roots. I waited an extra few days and replanted it in another peat pot with the same starter mix. After a couple months, you couldn't tell it from the others.
Nice save Tycho...most people wouldn't think to do that. Cheers...
JD
DrDee is offline Quote

Old 03-14-2019, 02:26 PM #17
Lost in a SOG
~~ex Atlantean~~

Lost in a SOG has a brilliant futureLost in a SOG has a brilliant futureLost in a SOG has a brilliant futureLost in a SOG has a brilliant futureLost in a SOG has a brilliant futureLost in a SOG has a brilliant futureLost in a SOG has a brilliant futureLost in a SOG has a brilliant futureLost in a SOG has a brilliant futureLost in a SOG has a brilliant futureLost in a SOG has a brilliant future
Just use EM1.. it will outcompete the soil pathogens..

If you have bad fungus then you defonately have a lack of beneficials..
Lost in a SOG is online now Quote

Old 03-16-2019, 07:14 PM #18
TanzanianMagic

TanzanianMagic is just really niceTanzanianMagic is just really niceTanzanianMagic is just really niceTanzanianMagic is just really niceTanzanianMagic is just really niceTanzanianMagic is just really niceTanzanianMagic is just really niceTanzanianMagic is just really nice
To avoid damping off, it is best to sow the seed in something that has very few bacteria in it, and an environment that isn't too humid.

I prefer bagged coco coir, with a feed of 0.4 EC of bloom food which stimulates root (P) growth and strong silvery stems (K) and a little epsom salt for magnesium which keeps the leaves green and alert, and a RH of 50%. You can use a humidity dome, without spraying water, just to slow evaporation.

You can also use rockwool instead of coco coir.

And walk away.
TanzanianMagic is online now Quote

Old 03-16-2019, 07:41 PM #19
unnamedmike

unnamedmike is a name known to allunnamedmike is a name known to allunnamedmike is a name known to allunnamedmike is a name known to allunnamedmike is a name known to allunnamedmike is a name known to allunnamedmike is a name known to allunnamedmike is a name known to allunnamedmike is a name known to allunnamedmike is a name known to allunnamedmike is a name known to all
I live in Caribbean land surrounded by jungle, everything comes out mold. At the moment my best ratio of germinated, is using coconut sterilized in the oven 45 minutes, osmosis + hydroponic nutrients 0.8ec and 3ml/L of hydrogen peroxide. The cococoir allows to water several times a day without saturating with water, so the h2o2 reaches the roots also several times a day.
unnamedmike is offline Quote

Old 03-23-2019, 11:02 PM #20
therevverend

therevverend has a brilliant futuretherevverend has a brilliant futuretherevverend has a brilliant futuretherevverend has a brilliant futuretherevverend has a brilliant futuretherevverend has a brilliant futuretherevverend has a brilliant futuretherevverend has a brilliant futuretherevverend has a brilliant futuretherevverend has a brilliant futuretherevverend has a brilliant future
I got some dirt mix, paid a bit extra for it to be organic, stuck my seeds in it. A day later the surface has mold fuzz sprouting up on it. I've got it in the house on a heat mat, if I put it outdoors in the sun the fuzz would die from the UV but it would be too cool for the seeds to quickly sprout.

No problem with dampening off, my seeds are coming up fine but this kind of thing pisses me off. Paying for a rip-off dirt mix that immediately molds. No wonder dampening off is such a common problem. It's also got the the chunks of black treated wood that hasn't broken down, the mold seems to like it. Since everyone quit growing in my area it's getting hard to find affordable grow gear.
therevverend is online now Quote