What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Supersoil getting depleted

Pwyll

I've been using a water only supersoil for a few grows. This time round I had to keep the plants in veg for 3 months and some of them are long-flowering sativas. They are in #5 pots so will likely deplete the soil before they finish. Can anyone recommend something organic that I can use to give the plants a boost in late flower?

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Dress with BuffaLoam, bison manure in yes, CO! We also like to use Organic Plant Magic (tea) for early season before we can make teas. Alfalfa meal is another nice organic option.
Good luck!

big315smooth

mama tried
Veteran
i had this happen one time. long veg then when flipped to flower they went from beautiful green to that slight yellowing when the buds were setting up. normally i hit nutes halfway through bud when needed.maybe i shoulda had bigger pots

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I don't typically use any bottles, but I do have some around to push the plants to see if I'm really getting the most from them. I generally find that anything extra results in clawing or faint tip burn. However, this basic recipe is a fail safe, that isn't designed to feed the plants everything they need, but rather to supplement a fully amended organic soil.

This is also very helpful with Chem/OG/Diesel hybrids that tend to favor calcium/magnesium uptake at higher rates than typical cannabis hybrids.

If trying to push plants a bit harder for yields:

-Per Gallon of water -

wk2:
[FONT=&quot] 1/4 tsp Thrive Alive B1 (green label)
[/FONT]
wk 3:
1 tsp of Earth Juice Meta-K
2 tbsp of Budswel Liquid (yellow)

wk 4:
1 tsp of General Organics Cal/Mg

wk 5:
1 tsp Earth Juice Meta-K
2 tbsp Budswel (yellow label)

dank.Frank

big315smooth

mama tried
Veteran
I don't typically use any bottles, but I do have some around to push the plants to see if I'm really getting the most from them. I generally find that anything extra results in clawing or faint tip burn. However, this basic recipe is a fail safe, that isn't designed to feed the plants everything they need, but rather to supplement a fully amended organic soil.

This is also very helpful with Chem/OG/Diesel hybrids that tend to favor calcium/magnesium uptake at higher rates than typical cannabis hybrids.
dank.Frank

what size pot were you running. i was running 7.5 but was growing monsters 4 per 1000 watt seems they suck the nutes right up. i just bought budswel going back to teas i tested out gh organics its ok

troutman

Seed Whore
Bone meal, bat guano, worm castings and/or fish emulsion in small amounts will help.

It's best to use very little and feed more often than using too much and frying the leaves. :tiphat:

Pwyll

I appreciate the advice. I am limited to #5 pots because I veg them in an attic bedroom and flower them in a shop outside. I couldn't carry 7 gallon pots up the spiral staircase.

I think the indicas and hybrids will be OK but if the sativas do start to fade I would need a quick fix. Scenario - Sativas start to fade 3 or 4 weeks before harvest. I have just one shot really to revitalize the soil, so I'm thinking a bottle. Something like FoxFarm Big Bloom of Roots Organics Extreme Serene. Any thoughts on that?

h.h.

Veteran
II think a liquid fertilizer at thus point.
Can't say one brand from the other.
Last I used was FloraNova and that was many, many moons ago.

Cannavore

Veteran
i like to loosely replicate buildasoils top dress kit when i can as its an easy guideline which you can then deviate from and experiment with. if you don't have exactly what's listed just fill in the blanks lol.

Compost & Vermicompost: 80%
Canadian Sphagnum Peatmoss: 10% (Water Holding and Texture)
Pre-Charged Bio Char: 10%
Fresh Comfrey Leaf: 1% by Volume or about 2 Gallons of Rough Chopped leaves per yard.
Kelp Meal - 1/2 cup Per Cubic Foot
Neem Cake (Just Enough for some pest control) 1/4 Cup Per Cubic Foot
Fish Bone Meal - 1/2 Cup Per Cubic Foot
Gypsum - 1 Cup Per Cubic Foot

Malato

Everyone's recommending good stuff . If you want a simple bottled one part nutrient I personally use with my depleted super soil I love earth juice bloom.

h.h.

Veteran
All good stuff.
If you had used it before depleting your soil.
You want immediate results.
Follow your gut.

Latest posts

Latest posts