What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Ph and bio bizz

davidw44

My ph is 6.7 before I add bio bizz . It's 5.6 after is that alright or should I raise the ph. I am using Roots soil. The guy at the grow shop said it dose not matter in soil when using organic.

Vanilla Phoenix

Super Lurker
ICMag Donor
I would raise it to 6.5. I used to not adjust pH of water/nute solution in soil and it did fine....until around 3 weeks flowering. The lower pH finally took its toll and the Calcium spots started. And no amount of calmag could stop em!

Basically, when the amendments in the soil started to deplete, it left the soil vulnerable to the pH of the water/nute solution. And once the solution lowered it, getting it back up to the correct pH level by the time flowering ended was next to impossible.

I've been watering in soil with a pH of 6.5 ever since, and calcium spotting is the thing of the past now. You might have better luck, but when I bought into the whole not adjusting pH cause its organic, it didnt work out so well for me.