Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Cannabis Harvesting & Processing > Rollin' logs - a new way to cure your weed

Thread Title Search
Visit the Weed Seed Shop for Great Genetics!
Rollin' logs - a new way to cure your weed Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-15-2017, 06:42 AM #41
onefinity

onefinity will become famous soon enoughonefinity will become famous soon enough
How about some blind tests with pre-rolls? The whole "not judging a book by it's cover" thing... try it yourself- if you like it, give out some free samples and it might catch on with your people
onefinity is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 11-15-2017, 12:39 PM #42
HaHaHashish

HaHaHashish is a jewel in the roughHaHaHashish is a jewel in the roughHaHaHashish is a jewel in the roughHaHaHashish is a jewel in the roughHaHaHashish is a jewel in the roughHaHaHashish is a jewel in the rough
Were you able to compare the flue cured logs with standard (dried then bottled) cured buds from the same plant and age? It would be interesting to see comparisons of the highs/effects at 1, 2 and 3 months of storage.

I think most people now days are too hung up on taste and smells. I don't smoke ganja because it smells great, I smoke it because the way it zings my brain in a positive way. Looks and smells are a long second when it comes to what is important which is how it makes me feel.

But having said that I do love smelling the various smells from ganja plants in flower and wish some company would bring out an aftershave or perfume that captures the scent from a living flowering cannabis plant as there's nothing more smile inducing than that to me.
HaHaHashish is online now Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 11-15-2017, 04:21 PM #43
mushroombrew

mushroombrew has much to be proud ofmushroombrew has much to be proud ofmushroombrew has much to be proud ofmushroombrew has much to be proud ofmushroombrew has much to be proud ofmushroombrew has much to be proud ofmushroombrew has much to be proud ofmushroombrew has much to be proud ofmushroombrew has much to be proud ofmushroombrew has much to be proud ofmushroombrew has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by HaHaHashish View Post
Were you able to compare the flue cured logs with standard (dried then bottled) cured buds from the same plant and age? It would be interesting to see comparisons of the highs/effects at 1, 2 and 3 months of storage.

I think most people now days are too hung up on taste and smells. I don't smoke ganja because it smells great, I smoke it because the way it zings my brain in a positive way. Looks and smells are a long second when it comes to what is important which is how it makes me feel.

But having said that I do love smelling the various smells from ganja plants in flower and wish some company would bring out an aftershave or perfume that captures the scent from a living flowering cannabis plant as there's nothing more smile inducing than that to me.
Yes the quality of the high is most important. But don't forget about the "entourage effect". Terpenes have secondary activity that is not fully understood.

Many terpenes are lost to heat. Some terps even burn off in artificial lighting. As many have found brining plants indoors.

So heating will remove many.

I have no idea what a log smells like. From a scientific point of view I would assume terps are lower; overall.

https://vaporizertemp.com/components-...oints-effects/

Would you cook these?
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showpost.ph...&postcount=528
mushroombrew is online now Quote

Old 11-15-2017, 04:22 PM #44
Dog Star
Sirius Sunshine

Dog Star has a reputation beyond reputeDog Star has a reputation beyond reputeDog Star has a reputation beyond reputeDog Star has a reputation beyond reputeDog Star has a reputation beyond reputeDog Star has a reputation beyond reputeDog Star has a reputation beyond reputeDog Star has a reputation beyond reputeDog Star has a reputation beyond reputeDog Star has a reputation beyond reputeDog Star has a reputation beyond repute
Am beliver in cobs.. its very easy to made them and there is a really stronger
stone from this kind of cured weed...

people just need to be brave to invest oz of weed to try a process..
no matter how final product looks,its not turd weed.. but opposite
you get as effects is all what it counts in the end for one that use medicine...

better effects means better weed IMO,final look is not so important or is connected
with snobism.. i can understand tough posters here that was negative comment
but still man need to try and then judge..

For sure i will cob every run some part of mine harvest,those that i use as medicine
as i think a effects are much deeper and better for medical issues am bothered,
also have feel i need less cobbed weed than non-cobbed..

prolonging mine medication,like from little i get so much is a good trick to have..

thanx Tangwena,you are the man....
Dog Star is offline Quote

7 members found this post helpful.
Old 11-16-2017, 02:09 AM #45
log roller

log roller is a jewel in the roughlog roller is a jewel in the roughlog roller is a jewel in the roughlog roller is a jewel in the roughlog roller is a jewel in the roughlog roller is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by HaHaHashish View Post
Yes, I did do comparison smoke between normal dried and cured #4 and the log. There is a sense of 'clarity' in the log which is missing from the normal bud. I think the 2-3 month comparison would be better, but the logs didn't last two weeks to find out!

Quote:
Agreed. I do enjoy tastes and smells though and in certain circumstances it may be better to keep the weed as it is rather than ruin its awesome smell. In other cases though, if the smell isn't anything to write home about, logs all the way.

log roller is offline Quote

Old 11-16-2017, 03:29 PM #46
mushroombrew

mushroombrew has much to be proud ofmushroombrew has much to be proud ofmushroombrew has much to be proud ofmushroombrew has much to be proud ofmushroombrew has much to be proud ofmushroombrew has much to be proud ofmushroombrew has much to be proud ofmushroombrew has much to be proud ofmushroombrew has much to be proud ofmushroombrew has much to be proud ofmushroombrew has much to be proud of
I am making RSO today. Off topic. But I am putting a half pound of beautiful Skywalker OG into 99.9% Iso and then cooking it off in a rice cooker @ 230F. Poor terpenes I will miss them so.

I will be destroying the quality. But it's for a cancer patient. How could I say no.

My point is you are not the only one "ruining" buds lol!

Old 11-16-2017, 06:01 PM #47
Douglas.Curtis

Douglas.Curtis is a splendid one to beholdDouglas.Curtis is a splendid one to beholdDouglas.Curtis is a splendid one to beholdDouglas.Curtis is a splendid one to beholdDouglas.Curtis is a splendid one to beholdDouglas.Curtis is a splendid one to beholdDouglas.Curtis is a splendid one to beholdDouglas.Curtis is a splendid one to beholdDouglas.Curtis is a splendid one to beholdDouglas.Curtis is a splendid one to beholdDouglas.Curtis is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by mushroombrew View Post
I am making RSO today. Off topic. But I am putting a half pound of beautiful Skywalker OG into 99.9% Iso and then cooking it off in a rice cooker @ 230F. Poor terpenes I will miss them so.

I will be destroying the quality. But it's for a cancer patient. How could I say no.

My point is you are not the only one "ruining" buds lol!
Ya know, you can reduce the cannabis volume using dry-ice and a closed bucket. (like dry-ice hash, only you're keeping it all in the bucket) This will significantly reduce the volume you need to fill with alcohol.

Then you could use ethanol. No offense, but I won't touch iso due to taste (Yeah, I'm that sensitive) and the fact it's iso. Iso causes damage over time. Sam_TheSkunkman states he's yet to test a batch of iso and have it come out negative for iso. Even after multiple washings and vacuum purges. Just a heads up.
Douglas.Curtis is offline Quote

3 members found this post helpful.
Old 11-16-2017, 06:48 PM #48
mushroombrew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Douglas.Curtis View Post
Ya know, you can reduce the cannabis volume using dry-ice and a closed bucket. (like dry-ice hash, only you're keeping it all in the bucket) This will significantly reduce the volume you need to fill with alcohol.

Then you could use ethanol. No offense, but I won't touch iso due to taste (Yeah, I'm that sensitive) and the fact it's iso. Iso causes damage over time. Sam_TheSkunkman states he's yet to test a batch of iso and have it come out negative for iso. Even after multiple washings and vacuum purges. Just a heads up.
Well aware. Hence the reason it's not safe to smoke rso.

I would personally use benzene. But this was by request.

Old 11-18-2017, 11:47 PM #49
therevverend

therevverend is a glorious beacon of lighttherevverend is a glorious beacon of lighttherevverend is a glorious beacon of lighttherevverend is a glorious beacon of lighttherevverend is a glorious beacon of lighttherevverend is a glorious beacon of lighttherevverend is a glorious beacon of lighttherevverend is a glorious beacon of lighttherevverend is a glorious beacon of lighttherevverend is a glorious beacon of lighttherevverend is a glorious beacon of light
I know you're losing some potency just not sure how much. Evaporating quite a few terpenes off and changing the remaining ones structures into something different. Along with modifying the THC into different forms. You need to run some tests and find out what is going on at a chemical level. Effects are subjective, people can argue all day. It comes down to how we smoked when we first started enjoying cannabis.
My thinking is the cob curing is a clever adaptation to growing in a tropical jungle in primitive conditions. No way you'll get anything dry without it molding. Even if you did it would be crispy harsh dry with no cure and all the terpenes would evaporate anyway.
I like long cures in cool temperatures, below 60 degrees and very dry. I harvest at first light before the sun hits the plants. Do everything I can to avoid moisture, heat, and light which are the enemies of THC and the other compounds contained in cannabis. To me purposely doing this is counter-intuitive and destructive. But what do I know.
I end up long curing some of my flowers, keeping them cool and dry for a year or two. After the first year they turns golden, brown, black, red. Loses all the chlorophyll and smokes very smooth. Very different high, relaxing and pleasant to smoke but no where near as strong as when fresh. Smoke joints of it all day without getting run down. No big rush from taking big hits.
I think you're basically speeding up this aging process along with something extra the fermentation does. I'm thinking part of why the cannabis of the 60s and 70s was how it was, it took so long to ship it. A year sitting in warehouses and ships can change flowers quite a bit.
One more thing I should add, I'm skeptical of these methods but not dismissive because I have very little experience with cannabis cured this way. I've only smoked real African ganja once, 20 years ago. It was chocolate colored and chocolate flavored.
We'd already smoked modern west coast green cannabis so I wasn't clear headed but it was definitely excellent. Got me quite a bit more baked in a different way. African cannabis never makes it out to the west coast of the US so it was a real treat.

Last edited by therevverend; 11-19-2017 at 02:24 AM..
therevverend is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 11-20-2017, 12:44 AM #50
log roller

log roller is a jewel in the roughlog roller is a jewel in the roughlog roller is a jewel in the roughlog roller is a jewel in the roughlog roller is a jewel in the roughlog roller is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Do everything I can to avoid moisture, heat, and light which are the enemies of THC and the other compounds contained in cannabis.
I'm currently smoking a box full of bud that was once the nastiest, moldiest, ugliest shit you've ever seen. This was my 'hash box' that moldy stuff got piled in to later convert to hash, which never happened. Now 5+ years later all the mold has disappeared and they're regular buds again. Some of it still smokes pretty good and is fairly potent.

Ask any of the 'experts' on here and they would assure you this bud is 100% ruined and unusable. But what do they know?

Quote:
I know you're losing some potency just not sure how much. Evaporating quite a few terpenes off and changing the remaining ones structures into something different. Along with modifying the THC into different forms. You need to run some tests and find out what is going on at a chemical level.
No, I really don't brother. I know this method works, from personal experience. It'd be cool if some other people would sack up and give it a try instead of assuming they already know what's going to happen.
log roller is offline Quote