What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Ready to flower?

minttu

I have completely lost all intuition for when plant is ready for flowering so I have to come back to newbie forum :1help:

I have no idea how long it has been vegging but the height is 25cm so would this be a good time to flower it in couple of days?

picture.php

$eriously$illy

Looks to me like it's ready for some leaf pruning and then a couple of more weeks in veg, then bloom, if you want a better yield.

But it also depends how much space you have and how much it's likely to stretch. Some strains stretch 2 or 3 times their height during flower, others hardly at all.

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
Depends on your wattage. That's ready if 250w. Another 2-3weeks, topped and repotted for a 400w, and longer with more light.

minttu

Thanks for the input

I am very skeptical about pruning and trimming because to me it makes very little sense to trim any sugar-producing material away.

The space is very limited. Basically the maximum vertical is 70cm for the plant, including 10cm headroom from the light source.

But I might just go for another week, feed it well and if it grows out of control, then I guess I will deal with it by burning the top or snapping the tops from vertical to horizontal.

And yes the setup is basically 300W LED but I may add another 50W for the lower parts so perhaps that would support going for week or two more with 20/4.

thejact55

I wouldnt over-think it. Its ready to flower whenever you are. That's really always the case. If you flip a plant to 12/12 early on, it will keep growing until its ready to flower itself. You can start flowering 2 weeks in, no worries, you'll just have a small plant, but thats fine too. Preflowers are a good sign a plant is mature enough to start flowering promptly. Variables to consider are your height allowance, the yeild you want, and if there is a certain date you might need it done, but really thats all there is to it. There is no right or wrong answer.

Nice looking plant.

ManyManySpliffs

I wouldnt over-think it. Its ready to flower whenever you are. That's really always the case. If you flip a plant to 12/12 early on, it will keep growing until its ready to flower itself. You can start flowering 2 weeks in, no worries, you'll just have a small plant, but thats fine too. Preflowers are a good sign a plant is mature enough to start flowering promptly. Variables to consider are your height allowance, the yeild you want, and if there is a certain date you might need it done, but really thats all there is to it. There is no right or wrong answer.

Nice looking plant.

:laughing: :laughing: I agree with this guy, you could flower from seed if you want to. Its all up to the grower and what you're trying to accomplish in the end.

you 'd like to have advices ,but you dont say the important points for us to know.

if we dont have the surface of room ,we cant help

if we dont have the strain or lineage ....how to help you ,stretch is really different for each strain ...bubbas kush doesn't stretch as some sativas do.

well ,with your lighter on the pics i can imagine its not more than 2 feet x 2 feet large .

i would prune it strongly to let the 7 or 8 larger branches that are lower .after that a screen to scrog it .2 weeks more or 3 more veg while doing this scrog .

good luck

Latest posts

Latest posts