What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

yellow, brown, curling leafs?

Dog Star

Veteran
Looks like you burned her with nutes and your PH is also out of control..

plant dont like it and start to die as she dont accept medium with joy..

you need to flush very hard and then feed very easily third of a dose all
complete nutes and live her with better air circulation so all the excess
water can evaporate thru leafes...

All the best

very strange that ph is out of controll. (i also suspected that)
but im always test the water, and correct if the ph is off. i alway water with around 6.5 ph.
but im starting to suspect my ph meter is showing the wrong reading.. i will calibrate it.

time to flush and try again...
thanks for the reply.

truck

flush with calcium the next time you water. I like Age Old Calcium. or I suggest Nector of the Gods PH Down as is calcite lime, which plants love and doesn't clog the medium. They also have other Calcium based products that will help flush your soil and cause greater nutrient uptake and feed the rhizosphere.

Hello! i will wake this old thread to life rather than starting a new one.

all the plants got at heavy flush and they are only getting water now, no nutrients since i suspected overfeeding and wrong PH.
now, a couple weeks in blom and the plants still look bad, even worse than before.

the temp is now at steady 25c, always water with 6.5 ph.
i suspect lack of some sort of nutrients. thats what turning the leafs yellow. they dont drink as much as before either...

can anybody with experience point me in the right direction. this is starting to get frustrating :cry:

https://imgur.com/a/0P56M
https://imgur.com/a/uR8tf
https://imgur.com/a/i961w
https://imgur.com/a/VYx2t

could it be nitrogen deficiency ?
is blood meal a good source of N? i read it should be 13-0-0 NPK. or should i use something else

Lester Beans

Frequent Flyer
Veteran
Are you sure that's not over watering?

I would raise that pH a bit just to see if that helps. pH 6.8.

Could be a calcium/K issue due to the low pH.

truck

flush your media with liquid calcium and epsom salt. Or Liquid bone meal and foliar with some epsom salt and kelp. You have high salt content which is locking out nutrients. Calcium will bond with the salt and carry it away out of the media or be utilized by microbes. Other option is foliar with a PK and micro nutrient combo and see what happens. Let me guess... Your media never seems to be able to fully dry out? takes like 5-10 days to get even close to needing water when normally it would be wanting tons of h20? just a guess, but if i'm right, follow my instructions and get back to me on what you see.

truck

also can try using bacillus combo of strains to help desalinate your media. What kind of soil or soil-less media did you start with?

flush your media with liquid calcium and epsom salt. Or Liquid bone meal and foliar with some epsom salt and kelp. You have high salt content which is locking out nutrients. Calcium will bond with the salt and carry it away out of the media or be utilized by microbes. Other option is foliar with a PK and micro nutrient combo and see what happens. Let me guess... Your media never seems to be able to fully dry out? takes like 5-10 days to get even close to needing water when normally it would be wanting tons of h20? just a guess, but if i'm right, follow my instructions and get back to me on what you see.
thank you so much.
what ratio should i mix the liquid calcium+epsomsalt+water ? should i correct the mix to 6.5ph too?
and yes, your prediction is right, they dont drink as much as they should! the should drain the whole pot in 3-4 days.. now it takes twice as long.

also can try using bacillus combo of strains to help desalinate your media. What kind of soil or soil-less media did you start with?
im using a local soil called hasselfors p-soil. its populair among growers here where i live, good quality soil.
per 100L i also add
5L perlite
3L worm castings
120g blood meal
80g bat guanu
60g bone meal
40g lime

i found the recepie on this site and it has worked good before.

thanks for the reply!
it is not over watering, but the girls is not drinking as they should.
so maybe i shoud water less, so the soil gets to drain out fully. :dunno:

Vanilla Phoenix

Super Lurker
ICMag Donor

:yeahthats Looks like a lack of Calcium problem to me as well. In my experience, even if you raise pH and start feeding Calcium, once a plant gets that deficent, it is really hard to get it to stop eating itself.

If it were me, i'd start feeding the plants with nutrients again, as well as a good calmag product at full strength.

hello. thanks for the reply.

i did a flush today with 10Liter water, ph 6.8.
i then measured the water coming out of the pot, showed ph 5.8!!!
i think there is the problem, soil is way to low ph.

what is the best thing to do now? water with high ph water to compensate for the soil? i did not find any liquid calcium in my local flower store. do you have any recomendings in a fertilizer that have alot of calcium in it?
is K and calcium the same thing?

anyway, one step forward. i think we located the error.
thank you so much guys.

:yeahthats Looks like a lack of Calcium problem to me as well. In my experience, even if you raise pH and start feeding Calcium, once a plant gets that deficent, it is really hard to get it to stop eating itself.

If it were me, i'd start feeding the plants with nutrients again, as well as a good calmag product at full strength.

hello. thanks for the reply.

i did a flush today with 10Liter water, ph 6.8.
i then measured the water coming out of the pot, showed ph 5.8!!!
i think there is the problem, soil is way to low ph.

what is the best thing to do now? water with high ph water to compensate for the soil? i did not find any liquid calcium in my local flower store. do you have any recomendings in a fertilizer that have alot of calcium in it?
is K and calcium the same thing?

anyway, one step forward. i think we located the error.
thank you so much guys.

truck

Liquid bone meal. Olympus Up by Nector of the gods. Age old Calcium. Solution grade gypsum. Solution grade lime. Solution grade SOFT rock phosphate. You can use good ol baking soda as well, just has a bit more sodium, so test your PPMs and make sure they are not too high if you use baking soda. You could top dress and water in Oyster Shell flower. Hope this helps.

truck

K is not the same as calcium. Human calcium supplaments are all the same for plants too. Crush it up and mix it in water. But lots of K is needed to push calcium so it can be utilized. Use some epsom salt in some water to help bring up the PH as well. Totally forgot about good ol Epsom salt as a good neutralizer, just won't be adding any Calcium to the roots though. Milk works for calcium too. No i'm not joking either. Raw is better, you get all the micro goodies with it. Just PH your water to 6 then add the epsom salt, then add the milk tell your PH reaches 7-7.5. In your case you could take it all the way up to 8 untill you see your reading climb to the right PH. Make sure you are still using P during all of this or you will correct the problem but not get anything out of your crop, that's why i love liquid bone meal. Cures a lot of problems and bulks the heck out of the buds.

truck

that is a high amount of Blood meal in ratio of the rest of the recipe, in my own personal opinion, i've seen just about anything work though. Way out of whack. How long did you let it compost? Did the soil get hot? Make sure you always test the PPM's of the soil before you use it. Even the big boys out of a bag need to be second checked. Put equal parts water and soil in a clean container, mix it real good and measure it with your PPM meter and PH meter. No higher than 7.5 PH and no higher than 800PPM's in your soil, or you may be chancing toxic build up of N or S without knowing it unless you get your soil tested by a lab. You can use up to 1600 PPM's in the botom half or third of your bucket then top it off with 800PPM or less soil. Even if you mix the same recipe every time, you will get different results, soil is a living organism that fluctuates with the environment. Soil-less or inert media does not have this issue. I do recommend putting blended soil in the bottom of your buckets then cover with a good soiless soil. Use and recycle your rootballs for the blend and just use the soil-less blend for the top half and you will have way less problems along the way and will have more consistent results. Your soil needs to be 70% of your nutrient charge in the soil. NPK is only needed in small amounts along the way. Always easier to feed what you need vs blending it in. Also the longer you recycle your rootballs. Same thing test PPMs and PH before amending. You will find you will save a lot of money and time following this method. Its cheap and relatively easy to follow once you start learning the ebbs and flows of your soil and environment that affects the soils behavior. Always remember soil is a living organism otherwise its just dirt.

Liquid bone meal. Olympus Up by Nector of the gods. Age old Calcium. Solution grade gypsum. Solution grade lime. Solution grade SOFT rock phosphate. You can use good ol baking soda as well, just has a bit more sodium, so test your PPMs and make sure they are not too high if you use baking soda. You could top dress and water in Oyster Shell flower. Hope this helps.

K is not the same as calcium. Human calcium supplaments are all the same for plants too. Crush it up and mix it in water. But lots of K is needed to push calcium so it can be utilized. Use some epsom salt in some water to help bring up the PH as well. Totally forgot about good ol Epsom salt as a good neutralizer, just won't be adding any Calcium to the roots though. Milk works for calcium too. No i'm not joking either. Raw is better, you get all the micro goodies with it. Just PH your water to 6 then add the epsom salt, then add the milk tell your PH reaches 7-7.5. In your case you could take it all the way up to 8 untill you see your reading climb to the right PH. Make sure you are still using P during all of this or you will correct the problem but not get anything out of your crop, that's why i love liquid bone meal. Cures a lot of problems and bulks the heck out of the buds.

that is a high amount of Blood meal in ratio of the rest of the recipe, in my own personal opinion, i've seen just about anything work though. Way out of whack. How long did you let it compost? Did the soil get hot? Make sure you always test the PPM's of the soil before you use it. Even the big boys out of a bag need to be second checked. Put equal parts water and soil in a clean container, mix it real good and measure it with your PPM meter and PH meter. No higher than 7.5 PH and no higher than 800PPM's in your soil, or you may be chancing toxic build up of N or S without knowing it unless you get your soil tested by a lab. You can use up to 1600 PPM's in the botom half or third of your bucket then top it off with 800PPM or less soil. Even if you mix the same recipe every time, you will get different results, soil is a living organism that fluctuates with the environment. Soil-less or inert media does not have this issue. I do recommend putting blended soil in the bottom of your buckets then cover with a good soiless soil. Use and recycle your rootballs for the blend and just use the soil-less blend for the top half and you will have way less problems along the way and will have more consistent results. Your soil needs to be 70% of your nutrient charge in the soil. NPK is only needed in small amounts along the way. Always easier to feed what you need vs blending it in. Also the longer you recycle your rootballs. Same thing test PPMs and PH before amending. You will find you will save a lot of money and time following this method. Its cheap and relatively easy to follow once you start learning the ebbs and flows of your soil and environment that affects the soils behavior. Always remember soil is a living organism otherwise its just dirt.

thanks for all your help this really helped me alot.
i have started feeding the plants cal-mag on full dose (brand: grow technology) and i think i can already see a difference for the better.
a also bump the ph to around 8.

truck

Good stuff gangamann1! glad i could help. Lets all keep growing together =) I'm always learning so much from everyone on here.