What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Just bought ez cloner - is this ok for light

All I used was a damn jar, a bright window that gets indirect sunlight all day with the blinds closed, tap water and a piece of paper. Didn't even dip them in rooting compound lol.

I spent $160 on this damn cloner

MrBungle

The cloner will still get faster and better results.... but its as easy as that...sometimes they will root in complete darkness and cold damp conditions... weird plants

Hey complete noob don't feel bad , with the Ez closer I've gotten bumps as soon as 5 days and ready for transplant after 10-12 days , it's all about environment, with high humility (40-70 %) and heat (70 -80 ) , light wise , I keep them away from direct light , I've seen crazy concoctions and methods but like you found out sometimes you have to K.I.S.S ,and let the plant do its thing , good luck bud, FSG.

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
Hey complete noob don't feel bad , with the Ez closer I've gotten bumps as soon as 5 days and ready for transplant after 10-12 days , it's all about environment, with high humility (40-70 %) and heat (70 -80 ) , light wise , I keep them away from direct light , I've seen crazy concoctions and methods but like you found out sometimes you have to K.I.S.S ,and let the plant do its thing , good luck bud, FSG.

Bump!! Ol WV needs some help. A guy that really knows how to use these things. I'm a older guy Ive grew from seeds A lot and not really good with these areocloners. And I'm a KISS kinda guy also. I'm got thermostats for heat mats and a ink bird to keep regular temps up. I'm doing rapid rooters and riot also , but wanna get better with the machines. Ive done a lot of simple stuff. That's why I'm kinda wondering do I need to put some kind of solution in the thing. I usually use heat mats under my cloners also. I've got a 35 site and 45, there hortipots not ez cloner brand. I'm looking for real advice from someone who's done/doing it. I think I'm close because sometimes I do ok and the roots kinda stay out, there sometimes not big enough to transplant to a cup

DARKSIDER

Official Seed Tester
ICMag Donor
Veteran
420giveaway
Bump!! Ol WV needs some help. A guy that really knows how to use these things. I'm a older guy Ive grew from seeds A lot and not really good with these areocloners. And I'm a KISS kinda guy also. I'm got thermostats for heat mats and a ink bird to keep regular temps up. I'm doing rapid rooters and riot also , but wanna get better with the machines. Ive done a lot of simple stuff. That's why I'm kinda wondering do I need to put some kind of solution in the thing. I usually use heat mats under my cloners also. I've got a 35 site and 45, there hortipots not ez cloner brand. I'm looking for real advice from someone who's done/doing it. I think I'm close because sometimes I do ok and the roots kinda stay out, there sometimes not big enough to transplant to a cup

Hey wvkindbud38 im using one now have done for a good few years I use nothing but tapwater straight from the tap no additives at all with an ec of 0.2 have some stardawg cuttings in as of yesterday been in fridge for about 10 weeks now no heat mats but have them in warm cupboard, Should see roots within the next 10 days or before. I also set seeds of in them sometimes if im lazy:biggrin:also root riot cubes but keep a close eye on them better use a timer otherwise they will get too wet anyhow im sure you will enjoy the benefits trying one all the best :tiphat:

MrBungle

I wouldn't use a heater with an aerocloner... The pump that circulates the water generates enough heat in the water to keep the plants warm.... in the summer it might become too warm... I've heard of folks using frozen water bottles to cool the circulating water so the clones don't get too warm...

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
I wouldn't use a heater with an aerocloner... The pump that circulates the water generates enough heat in the water to keep the plants warm.... in the summer it might become too warm... I've heard of folks using frozen water bottles to cool the circulating water so the clones don't get too warm...

Yea I can usually keep it around a set temp. I've been trying to keep the aerocloner around 68f. Maybe a tad lower but pretty consistent. What do you guys run your aerocloner at? I've slimmed so out above 72f or so back in the summer. My area is a little cooler I just need to keep the room warmer. I'm using water from a old well. It's doing good, a lot better than the city water I had in the midwest. How often do you guys change the water? I was doing it weekly, maybe should change it every 3 days or so. Thank all you guys, I'll figure it out with the help from icmag members that's for sure.

MrBungle

I don't add anything to the res unless I've been lazy and didn't get a chance to put em in pots in time, and the roots got too long.... just a little food to keep them going while I procrastinate....

I don't usually change res water... I just top it off as needed.. usually only 1 time is needed and the roots are already poppin...

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
Thanks guys I'll just go with tap water. Are you guys misting the plants or anything before putting the dome on. And what temp do you guys usually go with?? I try to stay below 70f, like I was saying around 66-68f is were I keep it. I just keep a heat mat under it in case at night if it gets to cold my ink bird thermostat will kick on the mat if the water gets cold inside. With the inkbirds you can submerge the probe so you know the exact temp.