What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Fast buds Auto grow.

Dakine

Veteran
#1CheeseBuds-"I am hoping for a sequoia sized buds also. "

LOL lets start off with baby sequoia first!

Woah that 2nd one looks crazy... These are from SEED right? /wait are these from fastbuds still?

#1cheesebuds

Veteran
Here's is the first pic from this month. she seems to be starting to flower. I am happy with the growth results so far. she is growing better and much faster than any of the regular photo period seeds I have been trying to grow lately.

She is on an 18-on 6-off light schedule. which is what was recommend.

So there's I think 2-3 seeds left. Plan to grow them this coming up spring outdoors in bigger contaners same soil.

so far I haven't given her any food just water that has around 7.0-7.2ph. Because several people said this soil can get hot.
temps are in the 70s. And I counted 4 branches not counting the top buds.
picture.php

I really hope I can get the rhino ryder seeds to grow good in this soil.

#1cheesebuds

Veteran
Here is a lil update of my Mexican airline. she isn't growing so well atm...
here's a photo of the top bud. hopefully I can fix what ever the problem is soon before its too late and she dies.
I have been able to get my plants in the passed that were sick to keep flowering for close to 12-13 weeks.

I'm getting mad at the fact that over the passed year alone every time I tried to grow both in good and not so good soil the plants keep getting sick and all plants grown in same growing condition. So this time I tried to use fox-farm but still got sick plants. WTF is going on.

I haven't given her ANY kind of food as of yet veg or bloom. just tap water and a little bit of blackstrap unsulphured molasses.
Their is a cooling humidifier in the space but the leafs still feel dry.

picture.php

she's been on a light cycle of 18on 6off.

here's a photo of the space.
picture.php

here is a photo of the sick leafs.
picture.php

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Sorry to see the damage.

Once you break down after harvesting, thoroughly clean your grow area, wipe down lights, etc. before next grow. Don't reuse soil.

HarvestMoon303

To get an adequate harvest you need 3-5 gallon containers.
Small containers = small yield.

There is just no way that this is true for an auto that's only alive for 10 weeks. I have plants flowering in 1-gal, 3-gal, 5-gal and 7-gal pots. I like to get them into the 5 and 7's, but that requires about 8-12 weeks of veg, from seed. That's longer than the complete lifespan of some autos. I have plants producing several ounces in 1 gal pots. Do you really think that the reason for the 1-gram-harvest is a pot that's too small? I would encourage you to check out some of the grow contests in shot glasses, fruit cups, test tubes, etc.

HarvestMoon303

Here is a lil update of my Mexican airline. she isn't growing so well atm...

I haven't given her ANY kind of food as of yet veg or bloom. just tap water and a little bit of blackstrap unsulphured molasses.
Their is a cooling humidifier in the space but the leafs still feel dry.

Why wouldn't you feed your plants? I know that there is a little food in FFOF, but not several months of grow/bloom worth. I don't see any insect or disease damage.

Think about how depleted the soil is after running plain water through it 30+ times

#1cheesebuds

Veteran
True theirs no bugs but the leafs are definitely damaged for sure.

Don't even know what I would feed her now anyway. also I fear that feeding it anything now might harm her more. I been having to water her about every 2-3 days.

Did water her with some of that molasses last watering thinking the sugars would get pushed into the leafs and buds to help her grow better.

The smell of the buds is amazing, just like a good ol sativa.

Was hoping to get a FEW GOOD ONCES off her that's why I wanted to try Autos. Because of the short growing time.
I have 1 Rhino Ryder seed and 1 Mexican airline seed left. Plan to plant them outdoors next spring.

Yodaweed

True theirs no bugs but the leafs are definitely damaged for sure.

Don't even know what I would feed her now anyway. also I fear that feeding it anything now might harm her more. I been having to water her about every 2-3 days.

Did water her with some of that molasses last watering thinking the sugars would get pushed into the leafs and buds to help her grow better.

The smell of the buds is amazing, just like a good ol sativa.

Was hoping to get a FEW GOOD ONCES off her that's why I wanted to try Autos. Because of the short growing time.
I have 1 Rhino Ryder seed and 1 Mexican airline seed left. Plan to plant them outdoors next spring.
Hey sup fellow grower, i saw your pictures and it looks like you are having lockout issues, i grew some fastbuds auto's and they turned out ok, not huge yields but a decent 2-3 oz off 2 plants in a quick turn around. It might be too late to bring her back at this point to pristine health but it still might finish ok with a bit less of a yield. Hope it turns out well for you , happy holidays.

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
There is just no way that this is true for an auto that's only alive for 10 weeks. I have plants flowering in 1-gal, 3-gal, 5-gal and 7-gal pots. I like to get them into the 5 and 7's, but that requires about 8-12 weeks of veg, from seed. That's longer than the complete lifespan of some autos. I have plants producing several ounces in 1 gal pots. Do you really think that the reason for the 1-gram-harvest is a pot that's too small? I would encourage you to check out some of the grow contests in shot glasses, fruit cups, test tubes, etc.

Not into contests....grow em with adequate roots....that's the key.
Yes, small containers...you can get a budlet. Autos are different. Sure you can get a minimal harvest from pint jar. Better to use larger containers for larger (>20"-30" autos)....try it yourself!

https://www.autoflowering-cannabis.com/autoflowering-cannabis-and-pot-sizes/

"With auto flowering plants it’s not that easy to chose the pot size because you need to think not only about the time how long will your plant live, but you need to also think about the size of the plant and how big you want it to get. Most people choose auto-flowering strains because their growing space is limited and they can’t grow plants that stretch 1 or 2 meters (3,2 or 6,5 feet) in height and pot size can greatly affect the plants height. If you plant your autoflower cannabis seed in a small container like a “Dixie cup” then it will stay short because it will become pot bound (root bound) fast and that will stress the plant slowing down the growth.
Usually autoflower marijuana plants don’t grow more than 18 inches (45cm) in height and they usually are ready to harvest in less than two months. If we know these numbers then we can calculate that the perfect pot size for auto flower plants should be 1.5 to 2.5 gallons (5.6 to 9.4 liters). These numbers that we came up with are in fact very accurate and any experienced grower will tell you that if you want your auto-flower plant to reach maximum potential then you shouldn’t get a pot that can hold less than 1 gallon (3,7 liters) and getting a pot more than 3 gallons(11,3 liters) will be a waste of money and soil because the plant can’t grow so much root mass in two months to fill a 12 liter pot.

The perfect pot size is somewhere between these numbers and every grower that wants to maximize the yield and doesn’t want to waste any growing space or dirt must try different pot sizes and see how the particular autoflower strain grows in different sized pots and determine what is the perfect pot size for it!

For the small and micro scale growers pot sizes can also be a big advantage because you can easily manage your plants size by potting it in a smaller container! This small container will soon be full of roots and that plant will be root-bound and wont grow as fast as it could but it will stay small. And for small spaces, small plants are perfect! This small plant can be further trained with Low Stress Training and with small pots and training growers can get very good yield in small spaces!
Basically a smaller pot means a smaller plant so you need to experiment what pot sizes are good for your autoflower grow and stick to that one size because transplanting autoflowers will decrease their yields and it is best to start them in the container where they will finish!
I, myself, have grow autoflowers in 4 inch (10.16 cm) pots, 1 gallon (3.7 l) and 3 gallon (11.3 l) pot and in fact the 3 gallon pots did the best! For my first cabinet grow I used smaller 4 inch pots because I needed the plants to stay small and I got only few grams from each of them but the next time the 1 gallon ones were much bigger and the 3 gallon pots were the best. With those 3 gallon pots I had over 70 cm of vertical growth with lot of side branches and from that point on I usually use the 3 gallon ones!"

(I echo what was written....larger autos 305 gallon, medium sized 2-3.5. Small micro...1-2 gallon.)

#1cheesebuds

Veteran
Here's an update on me autos ladies.

the first one is the top bud of the Mexican airline. she still seems to be growing and the buds still getting more dense. I don't know when to chop her. Ill look at the color of the trichoms to decide when.
picture.php

next one I'm not sure which one it is. it might be the rhino ryder or the Mexican airline. she is growing weird. today she got planted into a full gallon pot because she was rootbound. I hopes that she can grow actual good flowers now that she's in a bigger pot.
picture.php

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
World of difference between them! Guessing Rhino is bottom one. Top one looks ok, or rather (despite leaves) pretty good!. How tall did she get?

Well, you grew em out as testers....would you repeat grows by buying them?

#1cheesebuds

Veteran
She got about foot tall. The flowers smell is dark n stinky WITH A VERY sweet cotton candy smell overtone.

On a great note, The Airline is gunna give me the most herb that any plant has given me all year. and she is a 100% times better than the swag I been growing lately.

Till next time: over n out.

#1cheesebuds

Veteran
Here is another update. The trich seem to still be clear and cloudy. I was hoping to let her get some amber trich before I harvest her. temps are still around 69-78 degrees.

Ok so here are my thoughts on this beautiful lady.

I like the amount of trich that are on the buds.
I like the color the buds are turning.
I really am loving the smell, because it seems to change all the time. The smell at the moment is like stanky cheese and cotton candy.
The buds are rock hard. :)

Could I have used a bigger smart pot in order to get bigger results? yes! Also because I was using Fox Farm soil and the fact that she got a little burned early on, I don't know how much more she could have yielded had I had known people like to feed auto strains.

Well I do still have 1 seed each both the rhino ryder and Mexican airline to try again.

Top bud.
picture.php

Full plant.
picture.php

Dakine

Veteran
LOL way better then that one frosty dank looking nickel sized cola you grew before.. Im still shocked you where able to keep that other plant alive haha..

I like the color of these flowers to.. It kinda looks like theyre turning A little blue on the tips.

#1cheesebuds

Veteran
So I calculated her to be 10 weeks or 70 days old as of today. I'm counting from the day I planted the seed to today.
The problem is that the trichomes still have a good amount of clear and a some cloudy color on the flowers.
so should I harvest her today or wait till there are more cloudy and amber trichomes?

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
Wait for it.

I personally shoot between 5 and 15% amber. The majority I end up harvesting around 10%. Past 15% and the CBN sleepy effect appears for me. Can't wait till everyone understands CBN sleepy is -not- an indicator of THC potency. :)

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
Yep, wait for at least 5% amber, you'll get the full effect time instead of a 45 minute short high. Chop at 15% or before, to keep from falling asleep from too much CBN.

Good job. :)

Dakine

Veteran
Douglas I dont know what you mean.. I havent seen anyone on here who thinks the cloudiness or color of the trichome head is potency.. Everyone considers that to be an indicator of how you want the potency to feel. So no matter how good or bad the potency is, do you want it to feel like an upper/lets go do something kind of high, or A sleepy and/or lets just chill on the couch and watch some tv kind of high.

Anyways, Mr Cheese those look awesome. How does the Mex Airlines smell right now?

Latest posts

Latest posts