What's new

weird thing going on(why) need some answers

sherm

Hello ICMAG and company
I have a mother that was grown in dwc bucket. the mother is over 6 month old .I took clones and everything went well . I had some extra so I gave them to a friend .
He planted them in soil . and the took off and are doing really great . The weird thing is that they are out side and they are BUDDING already . they have red hairs and white and are full of crystals .they just aren't that fat. they are really airy but it only JULLY ,so there is plenty of time to fill out . . Recent We had a few days of good rain and one of them shot up a good 6 inches. They haven't been topped and it looks like its growing like lollipop style . Buds from the ground up ,they are abouth 14 inches tall. All the clones have just a single leaf , not the 5 finger leafs .
IS this normal . why would it be budding now . we are only in july . We live in the south so I know we have more time for vegging. I figured they wouldn't start to bud until late august.

Does anyone know why these clones are doing this . He also has a seed plant next to them and its not doing anything like this . it still vegging and waiting to determine the sex ..
ANY HELP WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED.
THANKS SHERM !!!

B

blue_tick

what light schedule did you have your clones? if the light's indoor was 18 hrs on then you put them outdoors they will flower. i had a gg4 do this but it had time to adjust and reveg. what strain you have

PEACE

corky1968

Veteran
When plants go into flowering the number of blades on the leaves go down.
So your clones are not going to increase to 5 blades unless they went back
into vegetative mode. So the single leaves your seeing now will remain.

moses wellfleet

Veteran
I once grew very close to the coast, there was a hurricane one night that blew over several plants and the salty wind turned all the pure white hairs to brown overnight!

B

blue_tick

moses

i live near the big pond but not as close as your referring to. for that to happen that is really close LOL

PEACE

sherm

Hey ICMAG and company
Thanks everyone for all the infor and advice .
We do live in the south Louisiana but have not had any hurricanes yet this year ( thank god ) .I would be screwed .lol ..
FLBOY, The clones were on a 18 hour light schedule . what I don't get is , april is spring ) Time changed a hour ahead that would be close to the 18 hour light schedule . (wouldn't it ?). (It is completely dark at 8:30 as of june and fall starts September 22)
The mother were grown indoors on a 18 hour light schedule, The mothers have been growing since September of last year and clones were taken in may of this year . The clones took 21 days to root .The clones were started in jiffy pellets ,once rooted they went into medium pots of soil for a few more weeks ( about 3 weeks OUTSIDE ).At this time they looked normal ( with no hairs but still only had the single leafs ).
The strain is C99 from BUDDEPOT. They the ones I have are still flowering but only a few more weeks then harvest .Then a dry and cure . NOTHING like a good cure to bring out the umm uumm mmmm flavor and taste .
I went to check them out today and still the same .Growing great still the single leaf and still growing tall . BUT they are starting to produce new side growth at the bottom and mid ways up the plants . The new shoots are also producing buds and crystals .
Her in Louisiana time isn't going to change till September 22 and then its not going to happen over night . It will be in late October before light change to dark at or near 5:30 or 6:00 pm .I don't see any signs of the clones reverting back to veg .I would have thought they would have reverted back to veg after they were put outside..
I am still trying to make head or tails out this .Its a new one for me , and every day is a learning day .
FLBOY do you think the clones will revert back to veg or will the continue growing like this ?? I they don't revert back what can be expected happen ? will they fill out with fat buds since they bud are formed already ? I check them out with a microscope some of the crystal are clear, some are milky, some are amber and some have popped . ..he had put 7 dust on them .I had to wash the dust off and do a quit air dry . after looking with the scope I could see I didn't get all the dust off . I also could have damage the crystals by doing a quit air dry ( shaking them and tapping them on note book paper...
ANY THOUGHTS OR IDEA WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED......
.....SHERM....

B

blue_tick

sherm

the longest day i have here ( close to you) is 14.3 hrs. i put seeds out in march and never had a problem. i got a clone of gg4 that i put out as soon as i got it and it started to flower. after 6 weeks or so it turned around for me but this is the reason i don't do clones. if it hasn't turned around yet it probably won't. here is my glue from clone compared to my cherry bomb from seed. this glue is not the most recent so i will take a pix today and show you the true difference but you can see the reveg starting on it.

picture.php

and the seed start cherry bomb from verdant/greengenes

picture.php

sherm

Hey ICMAG ANND COMPANYB
Hey Andyo thanks for the link. That's pretty a cool link .
Hey FLBOY, The girl in the first pic is what my friend has going but with hair and buds .Exactly the same thing with the one leaf .but it was only growing like a lollipop. but now its starting to put out new growth from the bottom and mid ways up and the tops are starting to shoot up . the top shot up 6 inches in 2 days after a good rain we had here .
SO ,if this is from cloning under a 18 hour light schedule ,what can be expected to happen from here.
1. IT COULD REVERT BACK TO VEG
OR
2.CONTINUE GROWING AS IS .
What will happen with the bud that is already started .Will the already bud continue to grow and mature .All new growth is continuing to produce bud and hair .
HOW WILL HE BE ABLE TO TELL WHEN THE GIRLS ARE FINISHED OR WHEN TO BE CHOPPED ??
THANKS SHERM.

B

blue_tick

sherm

if it looks like the pix i posted then it has started to veg again(single leaf's) is a good sign with a spurt of growth.
here is the gg4 now and putting off 3 bladed leaf.

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

sherm

Hey FLBOY
I keep definitely keep an eye on them for him , He is new to growing , but if you ask him he's done it all . lol.. Hell he cant even tell the difference between the 2 . he has me looking for signs of male . I loaned him a good book to learn the basics but he's to lazy to read . ( other peoples kids )..
I will keep checking on the girl for signs of vegging ( more fan leaves ) .
thank you for your help and advice . I really do appreciate your help .4
......SHERM....

All about the light cycle...they were in a cushy 18 hr cycle indoors and then put in a harsher environment with a day cycle a few hrs shorter...it triggered their reproduction flowering hormones...if it were spring, they would acclimate to the new enviroment, probably show some premature flowers, revert to a full veg stage and then have a 'NORMAL' flowering routine as the days shorten....indica strains naturally grow at very northern and very southern lattitudes and see LONG days in the summer and flower quickly when the days shorten..they know the frost is comingnand need to reproduce before death...sativa has a much narrower window that induces flowering....equatorial varieties can grow full veg with 14 hr days and flower when that drops only a cpl hours...its not unusual for a equatorial sativa to actually survive a few years...frost is not an issue, they flower and start to veg again as the days SLOWLY lengthen...I mention this because what your plant is doing is also largely driven by the genes it has...an indica dom WOULD start to flower this time of year in the south...an indica in the far north can be vegging at 18 to even 20 hr days...so they would think the frost is only a month away at 14 hrs days where as a sativa would most likely want to veg....the stress of moving to outdoor conditions can also trigger reproduction...so probably stress related to some degree but moreso the indica/sativa ratios....very cool shit when u think about it....get them out mext year BEFORE your longest day and they will most likely acclimate quickly and veg more normally and flower in the fall...some indica dont like shorter days in the south and dont veg very well...consider a strain withsome more sativa in it for ur outdoor projects...YT

PoweredByLove

Most Loved
The daylight hours start declining after the solstice, in the south we max out at around 14 hours of light. Anything you put outside after June will start to flower unless it's very sativa. Most of my outdoor plants have started to preflower and others are revegging after starting to flower earlier when i put em out in April /may.

B

blue_tick

every thing i have outside is from seed all but the gg4(clone) and the glue is the only one to start to bloom and reveg. clones need to be harden off and introduced to the sun as the seed just grows off the bat when started outdoors in direct sunlight

PEACE

anurag

This is off-topic, but thank you for the Cherry Bomb. They are big and beautiful. Hope the MotaRebel and Bodhi gear work out well. Out of five people I sent to, you are the only one who was true to his word. Rock on

Latest posts

Latest posts