What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

A Guide to Fishsticks

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Never mind I see he used a random # generator I was #23 lol..

I will be comparing LED to CMH. I haven't used HPS in many years.

Last edited:

Bud Green

I dig dirt
Veteran
Poor Mr Green jeans, really needed that light too. Now he has to run his mothers under candle power

Don't go feeling sorry for me on this one Doc...I've got plenty of candles...

Congrats Hammer. Hope that light works well for you!
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It's really cold out today and the wind is blowing hard...
But I've been out in the workshop finishing up my new light shelf..
Heading back out in a few minutes

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Its gonna be tough to beat CMH.. Im super happy with the results I get from those lights.

I will use my 5x5 male tent to test it out since there's no males out there right now. I culled my mac male long ago..

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
yeah hammer,in winter i would normally run a max of 5200w over a 10x8 area...

so 5200w over 80 sq ft

by the time i have all the lamps i can run fired up this winter i will have...

4x8 tent 2400w (32 sqft)

4x8 led room 1000w (32 sqft)

5x5 tent (led) 650w (25 sqft)

4x4 tent (hps) 1000w (16 sqft)

4x6 area flower room 1200w (24 sqft)

6250 watts 129 sq ft....so almost double the space for 1000w more...

Dr. Purpur

Custom Haze crosses
Veteran
Your monthly PG and E bill here would be over $2000. They don't just charge high rates per KW, they also have tiers for high usage. Upper rates are very high

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Ya I cant run that much wattage here for cost reasons. I'm running approx 5kw it cost about a grand to run. That's why power consumption is the most important thing for me.

U

useless.gardens

i was looking at 2 mars hydro tents @ 5x5.

the stitching good? doesnt look like the milky way galaxy w/ the midnight sun blazing through the pinholes of the tent in the dark?

zipper good quality?

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
i was looking at 2 mars hydro tents @ 5x5.

the stitching good? doesnt look like the milky way galaxy w/ the midnight sun blazing through the pinholes of the tent in the dark?

zipper good quality?

i'm sure gorilla tents are nicer,but they also cost 2-3 times as much..

no complaints at all about the mars hydro tents,beefy poles,beefy zippers,thick fabric for the tent body...ok,one small complaint,the velcro tabs on the door of the 5x5 which are for holding the tent doors open,the velcro is in the way zipping the tent up...a very minor hassle...

free stuff or not,i would never have spent my own money on their products if it wasn't worthy

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Ya I cant run that much wattage here for cost reasons. I'm running approx 5kw it cost about a grand to run. That's why power consumption is the most important thing for me.

:biggrin: gee,doc said 2 grand to run my setup...it's like his math skills suck when it comes to pot!

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Im counting both flower and veg.. I have my flower room down to 3kw. Veg room is 1200w.. All the rest of the shit its about 5kw.

Dr. Purpur

Custom Haze crosses
Veteran
:biggrin: gee,doc said 2 grand to run my setup...it's like his math skills suck when it comes to pot!

You know what tiers are Uncuss?

He lives in a different type of set up then me.

Hammer, do they have your bills broken up into 3-4 different rate tiers?

Anyway, I got the compost set up about 3/4 of the way done. I still have to install a divider
picture.php

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Im counting both flower and veg.. I have my flower room down to 3kw. Veg room is 1200w.. All the rest of the shit its about 5kw.

yeah,i am running a shitload of fans with all the separate areas...but that's because a modular system will be more flexible for me over the course of a year...when spring comes i can basically just start unplugging areas and taking them off line until next fall/winter...and then for summer i will have 100% led lighting....two 4x8 flower rooms,a 4x4 and 2x4 tent for veg...

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
You know what tiers are Uncuss?
He lives in a different type of set up then me.
Hammer, do they have your bills broken up into 3-4 different rate tiers?
Anyway, I got the compost set up about 3/4 of the way done. I still have to install a divider
View Image

Any that live in cali has tiers for residential power. I have no clue how commercial works.

Dr. Purpur

Custom Haze crosses
Veteran
Because my water heater and kitchen are all electric, I always get thrown into the top tiers. My bill last month was about $300, while running a 220 watt T5 24 hours a day.

I will veg several plants under a 630 or 2 of them, then do an early outdoor light dep, once we get past frost danger in late winter. Then a full season, with maybe a dozen big plants

Itsmychoice

ICMag Donor
It is crazy the difference, counting veg I have 14k going and it’s between 6-700 and that’s sealed with 4 mini splits, co2 burners and 3 quest dehueys

Itsmychoice

ICMag Donor
7 of the 1k are air cooled and they dump into veg which is exhausted at 80 degrees. I am hoping 40k is about 2500/month, we will see. I have another place on commercial power that’s mostly led with 16k and 4 tons of ac and tanked co2 that’s about 600 this time of year. Hand trim costs more than power.

Last edited: