What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

one plant vs 2 plants in 7gal smart pots

Buddyy

So I just finished a grow and unintentionally did a SBS.

I had 3 clones of critical mass (mr. nice) under a 600w hps. One was in a 7gal smart pot the other 2 in a 7gal smart pot both with the same soil mix. The pots were next to each other in the room and had equal light access.

The result: the single plants yield was exactly 100gr (my indoor PB), the other 2 plants together gave only 85gr.

mowood3479

Veteran
I've done this before and had similar results.. In the double potted container one plant outgrew and shaded the other.
I've seen people do really well double and triple potting in 800 gallon smarties outside but I think that's a different animal

I've had the same experience but no exact figures. It does help if the two plants one bucket was in a scrog but just vertical growing, the plants fan leaves will shadow the bud sites and nothing will form.

Latest posts

Latest posts