Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Cannabis Harvesting & Processing > Malawi style cob cureing

Thread Title Search
Click to Visit Dark Heart Nursery
Malawi style cob cureing Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-12-2015, 02:01 AM #41
Tangwena

Tangwena has much to be proud ofTangwena has much to be proud ofTangwena has much to be proud ofTangwena has much to be proud ofTangwena has much to be proud ofTangwena has much to be proud ofTangwena has much to be proud ofTangwena has much to be proud ofTangwena has much to be proud ofTangwena has much to be proud ofTangwena has much to be proud of
Looks super good the only thing I would suggest is a few more bindings (turns around the cob and tighter) next time but it will not effect the result, it should work well. Enjoy you should be getting some real deal African highs really soon, nice one mate well done.
Tangwena

Last edited by Tangwena; 08-12-2015 at 02:02 AM.. Reason: left out info
Tangwena is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 08-12-2015, 02:16 AM #42
SpaceJunkOG

SpaceJunkOG will become famous soon enoughSpaceJunkOG will become famous soon enoughSpaceJunkOG will become famous soon enough
sweet, i'll just wrap it tighter on the inspection in a few days and it'll be nice and compressed for the 2nd round. stoked.
SpaceJunkOG is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 08-12-2015, 05:09 AM #43
antheis

antheis is just really niceantheis is just really niceantheis is just really niceantheis is just really niceantheis is just really niceantheis is just really niceantheis is just really niceantheis is just really niceantheis is just really niceantheis is just really niceantheis is just really nice
i wonder if you could use this technique to cure hash. have you ever tried that, tangwena?
antheis is offline Quote

Old 08-13-2015, 01:23 AM #44
Tangwena

Tangwena has much to be proud ofTangwena has much to be proud ofTangwena has much to be proud ofTangwena has much to be proud ofTangwena has much to be proud ofTangwena has much to be proud ofTangwena has much to be proud ofTangwena has much to be proud ofTangwena has much to be proud ofTangwena has much to be proud ofTangwena has much to be proud of
antheis hi i have never thought about it, but as it has no leaf material to cure I dont think it would sweat. But i have never tried it so I cant help with Hash, I only know it works on buds
Tangwena

Old 08-13-2015, 04:44 AM #45
antheis

antheis is just really niceantheis is just really niceantheis is just really niceantheis is just really niceantheis is just really niceantheis is just really niceantheis is just really niceantheis is just really niceantheis is just really niceantheis is just really niceantheis is just really nice
no worries, it was just a random thought i had while reading the thread and thought i'd ask.
if it would work at all, i'd imagine it would require 50g+ of hash to work.
antheis is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 08-18-2015, 10:28 AM #46
SpaceJunkOG

SpaceJunkOG will become famous soon enoughSpaceJunkOG will become famous soon enoughSpaceJunkOG will become famous soon enough
update on my first cob curing adventure:

I took it out and inspected it after 3 days, as I was nervous because the cobs were a bit moist when i started. It had indeed started changing color, becoming very dark. I re-wrapped it in overnight-dried husks, tighter, with better string, and vac-sealed again for another 5 days, this is what it looked like:

today I decided it had been long enough, and took it out to inspect it again, and I determined it was definitely finished. . . .

as you can see the color changed drastically to deep deep brown, almost black in places, and the pistils are now a neon bright red.

here's a before and after

before (left) & after (right)

and just like Tangwena said - it has the consistency of hash. it smells sweet - a bit wet (because it is), and essentially the same as it did going in, just with a bit of a twist on it.

Now, I don't want to get too excited, and I'm doing the 5-day dry in a cool dark place, but I just cut off a few chunks and am quick-drying them in my veg room to try in a joint. This stuff looks too crazy to not try now, . . . .

(especially under an LED, lol)

wish me luck . . . .

i shall be back, someday, with a smoke report.

6 members found this post helpful.
Old 08-18-2015, 11:24 AM #47
Dirk907

Dirk907 will become famous soon enough
Spacejunk, that some day better be tomorrow

Oh man I have to try this
Dirk907 is offline Quote

Old 08-18-2015, 11:41 PM #48
Tangwena

Hi Spacey you have aced it first try mate, thats the best first up cob cure I have seen, nice one mate, enjoy. You followed instructions to a tee and you have a feel for it, it will only get better from here.
Tangwena

3 members found this post helpful.
Old 08-18-2015, 11:45 PM #49
SpaceJunkOG

fuck. it's really good. not even what i expected at all, completely different but still, very unique high, very clear actually. i'm tempted to keep going but,

i feel like i owe it a proper drying period before i give the full, detailed, smoke report, . . . . . quick-dried smoke never really gives the most accurate picture of what potential really is there, it will change as it dries and cures further. . . . so gimme another 4+ days of this thing drying and i'll be back..... again.

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 08-18-2015, 11:47 PM #50
SpaceJunkOG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tangwena View Post
Hi Spacey you have aced it first try mate, thats the best first up cob cure I have seen, nice one mate, enjoy. You followed instructions to a tee and you have a feel for it, it will only get better from here.
Tangwena
hell yeah, thanks man! I actually went through and read the entire thread again just to make sure i got every aspect of it right. Glad to hear from you that I seem to have nailed it.