What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Malawi Style Cob Curing.

LaPrechaouch

Hi all and thank you Tangwena for sharing.

At first sight, thought this method is really strange, but want to test it with my next grow. Buds seem so weird...

Thx again and keep curing

Tangwena

Veteran
Hi all and thank you Tangwena for sharing.

At first sight, thought this method is really strange, but want to test it with my next grow. Buds seem so weird...

Thx again and keep curing
Yes for sure it would but in Africa it is well known and widely used for a very long time.
The west seems to have totally ignored the old established methods.

LaPrechaouch

The west seems to have totally ignored the old established methods.

How surprising... Aren't the west's knowledges the best in everything? :D

I don't read the whole thread yet, but does this curing work the same with indicas dominant ?

My apologies for my approximative english..

Tangwena

Veteran
How surprising... Aren't the west's knowledges the best in everything? :D

I don't read the whole thread yet, but does this curing work the same with indicas dominant ?

My apologies for my approximative english..
I dont use Indicas but friends who have tried it and most importantly tried it properly and cured and aged the pot properly have reported it makes it a less sleepy and more active high.
I just use sativas and sativa dominated hybrids so I cant comment from personal experience.
Try Aces Honduras x Panama its super potent cured this way but any of Aces sativas would work well.

High Tangwena!
Please tell us more about the gentle sweat for a few days! Was that done using the same temperature as usual, ie around 40c?
These are the lower buds I left on the the early harvested plant so that they could mature longer.
I have dried them more than usual and sweated them gently for a few days they are now being resealed to age.
The aroma is so beautiful floral wild honey with a sandalwood background outstanding smell.
Once aged for a few months they should be real Alice in Wonderland trippy chewed I cant wait to try them once they have aged.

View Image View Image

Tangwena

Veteran
High Tangwena!
Please tell us more about the gentle sweat for a few days! Was that done using the same temperature as usual, ie around 40c?
There are many styles of curing that I came across while I lived in central Africa one of the nicest for smoking and most aromatic was obtained it seems from a slower cure on a drier starting product.
I have been trying to reproduce it with some of my last harvest.
I have been trying 36c and 40c to see what difference it makes to the end products effect.
As it takes about 6 months aging to bring on the biggest changes I am not sure yet but recently I opened a 36c sweated cob that had been aging that long and was blown away by the taste and the effects chewed.
I am running low on brain cells these days so I'm not the best to judge but the effects were a lot more energetic and driven which I enjoyed a lot.
I still like the darker deeper effects from the 40c cures though.
You cant go wrong with a little patience and experimentation its something that you can only learn by trying the more you do it the better you grasp it a bit like sex.
Practice makes perfect and understanding how and what you are causing to happen only comes from observation and tasting along the way.
I am only a small time grower and dabbler in curing this way its a life long study. if I had access to larger amounts of good bud than I do I could experiment more but i'm restricted.
Also sampling and testing take time and tend to slow everything down especially when i find a few good cobs ha ha.
Just try try and never say die its great fun and very addictive.

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
The Gospel of Cob continues to spread online, as stoners discover the treasures that can be created this way.

Here is another video I stumbled on today.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j4Rq_vLpqzs

That vid is a good example of why I am so interested in the vape temps. At 9:00 he is taking the first hit and since the vape he exhales is clear, with no cough, I am sure the material was under 315*. The next hit at 9:30 he exhales vapor and coughs. You can also hear him resisting the "expansion". The same for the next hit.

Something is heating up and releasing at the higher temp that makes people cough.

What can it be about the cob cure that makes the actives more active? THCA converting?

Tangwena

Veteran
That vid is a good example of why I am so interested in the vape temps. At 9:00 he is taking the first hit and since the vape he exhales is clear, with no cough, I am sure the material was under 315*. The next hit at 9:30 he exhales vapor and coughs. You can also hear him resisting the "expansion". The same for the next hit.

Something is heating up and releasing at the higher temp that makes people cough.

What can it be about the cob cure that makes the actives more active? THCA converting?
Hi my friend firstly what he was vaping wasn't cured yet it needs to be aged to get the final good result.
I dont know it makes anything stronger but it changes the effects and makes smoking it smoother thats why I was laughing at his coughing.
So many people posting videos but not curing it properly or leaving it to age long enough its confusing those who may want to try it.
Also saying " I dont get the euphoria yet" that totally depends on the dope you use if its not euphoric to begin with its not going to become euphoric ha ha.

Its simply a curing method that has the ability to be chewed to get high without decarbing.
AND once aged can have insane oil extracted with a solvent, the intensity of the highs have to experienced to be believed.

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
Mr. Tangwena, am I understanding you correctly that the same batch will make you cough after dryed but won't later after cured? Maybe something is converting with time/temp that affects coughing. It may be temp sensitive for conversion.

Who knows?

Tangwena

Veteran
Mr. Tangwena, am I understanding you correctly that the same batch will make you cough after dryed but won't later after cured? Maybe something is converting with time/temp that affects coughing. It may be temp sensitive for conversion.

Who knows?
Its just the point of curing to make it more palatable when smoked.
The changes in the effects are just a by product of the process.
Much like tobacco green is totally different taste and effect than when cured by any of the dozen different methods that are out there.
Its just a matter of taste which you prefer thats all.

Tangwena

Veteran
Mulanje 2 months aged

Mulanje 2 months aged

Here are some pics of the Mulanje roughly 2 months since it was picked on the 20th of December lightly seeded at 9th week of real flowering.
I am chewing some now the terps are sweet fruity and the smell just the way I remember it on this type of cure fermented fruity with a flowery accent.
I will report back later on the high compared to the later picked cobs.
This pot is so clear that you just feel very very happy and super normal and content until you have to interact with someone.
Thats when you realize your from another planet ha ha.
I find myself studying their face in minute detail and realizing just how deformed they are ha ha.

Any feature grabs your attention and consumes your mind, you cannot break away from it and start laughing.

Once you start laughing the high comes on in a rush and you realize you just cant handle ANYTHING at all its the best good time high on the planet.

These will be dried as they are moist at the moment and then sealed up to age for long term storage.

picture.php
picture.php

Tangwena

Veteran
What’s the longest time you have fermented b fore opening and drying tang?
Hi my friend you have me about an hour into the most clear and up high its got a way to go yet another 8 to 12 hours ha ha most of it going in only one direction up haha.
If you can imagine a winters day snow on the ground and the acid you dropped 30 mins ago is just starting to make things freaky.
Then your best mate in the world the one who gave you the acid drops by.
With 2 lines of the best coke that rush on top of the lsd is how I feel right now ha ha.
To answer your question curing the longest was 3 weeks but the buds were not so moist.
I have done it with moist buds to but the cobs were black and lacking in the terps smell you get in shorter cures.
On some Panama I did a long cure on wetter buds it tastes like shit compared to the shorter cures but the high is so intense I'm scared to try it again ha ha.
I had things in the house with me I would rather not imagine again ha ha.

DrDee

Good morning Tang,
"I had things in the house with me I would rather not imagine again ha ha." This cracked me up...and I don't want details.

Hey, I posted a month ago about a cob I did with White Widow. It's still wrapped up but I opened it for a whiff...smell is getting stronger with age like you said.

I have three GoldenTiger (ThaixMalawi) nearing completion and want to try again...but these are lightly seeded. I think I read seeds won't survive the fermentation...so I need to pluck them out?
Cheers,
JohnDee

DrDee

Morning Tang,
Here's a shot of my first cob...it's the White Widow one I made a month ago. Smell gets better all the time. Another month and I'll give it a test.

I have three GT (Malawi/Thai) nearing completion...but are lightly seeded. Once I pluck the seeds...all three will be cobbed.
Cheers,
John Dee

Attachments

• DSCN0014.jpg
    DSCN0014.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 33
Last edited:

Tangwena

Veteran
Good morning Tang,
"I had things in the house with me I would rather not imagine again ha ha." This cracked me up...and I don't want details.

Hey, I posted a month ago about a cob I did with White Widow. It's still wrapped up but I opened it for a whiff...smell is getting stronger with age like you said.

I have three GoldenTiger (ThaixMalawi) nearing completion and want to try again...but these are lightly seeded. I think I read seeds won't survive the fermentation...so I need to pluck them out?
Cheers,
JohnDee
Hi brother its the morning of the day after my rebirth ha ha I'm still high ha ha.
Golden Tiger especially the Thai leaning phenos are the stuff of dreams my friend.
I still have to grow the third version I cant wait to cob that one up.

The seeds survive short sweats but seem to die on the longer sweats and longer cures so pull out any you need as insurance.
I remove as many as I need for my collection and leave the rest in to take their chances.

The GT is magic medicine if I ever get frazzled or feel nervous or burnt out from some of the more nervy strains.
A deep mind blowing trip on my Gt cobs evens out everything and the world become magical and beautiful again after a GT trip.
Its like my nurse it soothes and regenerates the soul your going to experience the creme de la creme of highs my friend.

I had 2 last grow but they got so big so fast I culled them but seeing the grows on the forum of the 3rd GT I just have to give the rest of the seeds I have a go the plants look insane.

Once you have a few different strains cobbed and aged properly your whole world will be turned upside down and reborn as a better version of you. Chewed its the best medicine out there I never feel down, depressed or without on the right cobs chewed.
It is just like being reborn in a beautiful world all the ugly negative stuff just gets filtered out for you.

DrDee

Tangwena,
You know...your comments like that really puzzled me when I first read your thread several years ago. I just couldn't wrap my mind around having the highs that you are describing.

But now man...we are on the same wavelenth. I took some massive RSO doses made with my Malawi phenos last winter. Amazing spiritual highs like I've never experienced. I did several doses while on a deep fast and I experienced amazement bordering on stupification! I can only imagine what the COBs will be like.

So Tang...you've steered me correctly...and I thank you.
JD

i think cob Rounded edges too much in my taste,i like when smoke kick,
make sauna/kiln where sweating small patch flower,its heating about 50.C and its easly swipe moisture off every 1/2-1 hours and dry normaly after sweating

Latest posts

Latest posts