Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Talk About It! > Cannabis Concentrates > Fresh Frozen... Lets Chat :)

Thread Title Search
Fresh Frozen... Lets Chat :) Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-28-2015, 08:17 AM #31
GarrettGreens

GarrettGreens is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by live resin View Post
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cooling_bath

Ice and salt will get you to -20C, still I'd go with di/ipa.

Drying butane, your options are molecular sieve or chemical drying agent (calcium chloride, sulfuric acid, the list goes on...)

If bubbling thru sulfuric acid makes sure you've removed any iso-butane as it will react
Help me out if I'm lost somewhere but, anything under 30 degrees on my recovery tank n butane has an extremely hard time pushing through my system, will most the time come to a halt if goes under zero and starts recovering more than its pushing through and I start going backwards anyone care to chime in? Would love to have butane colder than 30-40 degrees push through. I'm still producing about 15% off 4 month old trim colors vary.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20150927_201308.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	37.0 KB
ID:	334590
GarrettGreens is offline Quote

Click to shop for Extractors and Hardware
Old 09-28-2015, 03:46 PM #32
Gray Wolf
A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.

Gray Wolf has a brilliant futureGray Wolf has a brilliant futureGray Wolf has a brilliant futureGray Wolf has a brilliant futureGray Wolf has a brilliant futureGray Wolf has a brilliant futureGray Wolf has a brilliant futureGray Wolf has a brilliant futureGray Wolf has a brilliant futureGray Wolf has a brilliant futureGray Wolf has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by GarrettGreens View Post
Help me out if I'm lost somewhere but, anything under 30 degrees on my recovery tank n butane has an extremely hard time pushing through my system, will most the time come to a halt if goes under zero and starts recovering more than its pushing through and I start going backwards anyone care to chime in? Would love to have butane colder than 30-40 degrees push through. I'm still producing about 15% off 4 month old trim colors vary.
We use a counter flow heat exchanger at the butane injector, instead of super chilling the tank.

You can also keep a second butane tank at higher temperature, and valve its vapor side to the vapor side of the cold tank, so as to provide more push pressure.

Believing is seeing and ignorance is bliss until it bites you in the ass!

Fervor is the weapon of the impotent. The harder the sell, the poorer the product.

Alas, my ignorance abounds; the more I've learned, the less I know that I know..........

Thou shalt seek and respect the opinions of operators, even unto the third helper, for theirs is a wisdom unknown to technicrats.

Wise men learn more from fools, than fools from wise men.

In my dotage I finally discovered that the secret to putting on pants both legs at a time is sitting down.
Gray Wolf is offline Quote

Old 10-02-2015, 05:52 AM #33
kimc_ext

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gray Wolf View Post
We use a counter flow heat exchanger at the butane injector, instead of super chilling the tank.-- thats a an mt coil, right? Do you super chill with co2 or just h2o ice?

You can also keep a second butane tank at higher temperature, and valve its vapor side to the vapor side of the cold tank, so as to provide more push pressure.
what temp would you ideally start with to run through material?

Old 10-02-2015, 03:47 PM #34
Gray Wolf

Gray Wolf has a brilliant futureGray Wolf has a brilliant futureGray Wolf has a brilliant futureGray Wolf has a brilliant futureGray Wolf has a brilliant futureGray Wolf has a brilliant futureGray Wolf has a brilliant futureGray Wolf has a brilliant futureGray Wolf has a brilliant futureGray Wolf has a brilliant futureGray Wolf has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimc_ext View Post
what temp would you ideally start with to run through material?
Around -30C.

Believing is seeing and ignorance is bliss until it bites you in the ass!

Fervor is the weapon of the impotent. The harder the sell, the poorer the product.

Alas, my ignorance abounds; the more I've learned, the less I know that I know..........

Thou shalt seek and respect the opinions of operators, even unto the third helper, for theirs is a wisdom unknown to technicrats.

Wise men learn more from fools, than fools from wise men.

In my dotage I finally discovered that the secret to putting on pants both legs at a time is sitting down.

Old 11-20-2017, 04:33 AM #35
Abbazabba710

Abbazabba710 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
I cut mine using scissors, and pack it immediately for freezing.

I formerly froze them in a bag, and then pummeled the bag to break them up easily frozen, before packing, but we have a lot of humidity here, and ice forms on the frozen trichomes during transfer.
How tightly should the column be packed?

Just toss buds in there?

Lightly tamp?

Or pack hard?

Thank you for your infinite wisdom GW
Abbazabba710 is offline Quote

Old 11-20-2017, 02:09 PM #36
Gray Wolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abbazabba710 View Post
How tightly should the column be packed?

Just toss buds in there?

Lightly tamp?

Or pack hard?

Thank you for your infinite wisdom GW
Depends on the material.

Material reduced to <10/15% water content and reduced to 10 mesh packs at around 4.1 gm/cu in and prime bud broken into 1/2" chunks packs at around 3.8 gr/cu in.

I ram about every foot of column and push firmly on the ram but don't pound. I lean on it and when it glides to a firm stop, I call it good.

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 11-20-2017, 10:24 PM #37
Abbazabba710

Abbazabba710 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Depends on the material.

Material reduced to <10/15% water content and reduced to 10 mesh packs at around 4.1 gm/cu in and prime bud broken into 1/2" chunks packs at around 3.8 gr/cu in.

I ram about every foot of column and push firmly on the ram but don't pound. I lean on it and when it glides to a firm stop, I call it good.

Ahh okay. Am I reading that correctly you use multiple mesh material packs inside the column?

The description of how hard you push was exactly what I was looking for thank you!
Abbazabba710 is offline Quote