What's new

5Lbs/1Kw Challenge-The Quest for 80 Zips with Galactic Grape

Nonphixion

You have a lot of work ahead of you. Should you raise the pH of those 6.0's up? I am really really rooting for you. I hope you do 2.25 GPW or BETTER!!!

D

DHF

OK....It took me a while ta get here cuz I mostly stay down in Vert-ville , but hey....

I respect yas for pushin the limits and tryin ta yield more with a specific strain once her limitations are known and flipped 12/12 and know how much they`ll end up stretchin and swell till end of cycle for optimum results....and...

Flower Farmer has stepped up and doubted 4 lbs per light with increased plant numbers when it was me that stated my Growbro`s in SoCal been doin it since they started sellin clones to the dispensaries in `95 when Cali went wild wild west Med with ebb and flow tables with 256 cuts per 4 x 4 table with parabolic UN-cooled hoods over em and pullin 1/4 oz budsicles EVERY run since , butchas gotta understand that.....WITH...

Picks of the litter cuts since all cuts don`t root and grow the same with All other flats of cuts sold to the clubs for almost 20 yrs without em knowin they ever got the good ones........So...

Plant numbers dictate yields....Period....Heath taught me that many yrs ago so....3" rockwool cubes with 1/4 oz budsicles in em come harvey ftw came easy with dialed finicky elite strains from the get...........IOW....

Clone Factories like My Crazy ass Mad scientist Bro`s been doin for so long even I can`t remember when we met back even before OG and CW days are how that works and not easily replicated so....

Bottom line....5 lbs per 1KW will be strain and environment related if it`s available to be done......4 lbs is done every month-5 weeks in their schedule and has been for since a couple yrs since Cali went Med...and.....

Never say never.....I`ve seen MANY amazing yields over the yrs....but....

Consistency rules the day.......

Peace.....DHF....:ying:

Last edited:

vangaurd

Im with you man I really am pulling for ya! I may be confused Silver Hawaiian but hasnt the 5 minute mile been smashed?

aerokrafter

Trichome Taste Tester
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thanx everyone for stopping by. I appreciate the positive vibe and will do my best to make this thread worthy of your attention and time.

I’ll also try my best to keep up with your questions. Many answers to methodology questions can be found in the “Tips n Trix” thread in my sig below.

-R Fortune

I’m very concerned about humidity. I had no mold problems in test, but I expect a forest of those huge buds. I will need to address additional air flow. Humidity is always as issue, since by definition, the Aeroflo is a mist generating machine. it’s a struggle keeping it near 70%.

-Bonzo

My nute recipe in a standard 48 site cloner is 15ml DM A, 15 ml DM B, and 15 ml Potash Plus. Target Numbers are 450-550 tds and pH between 5.5 - 6.5. All of my cloner tech is covered in the first 3 pages of the TnT thread below if you need more information.

-cyat

Paclobutrazol - the active ingredient in Bush Master and other stretch control products. I think you will be surprised with what those lil growth tips can do. We shall see.

-Nonphixion

My normal operating pH range is 5.3 - 6.3. I want it to drift over the entire spectrum because nutrient availability changes thoughout this range.

A very big issue with growing in aero is pH stability - or rather the lack of it. Things happen fast - daily measurements are a must.

Thank you all for your questions.

Best of luck to all!

-AK

silver hawaiian

Veteran
Paclobutrazol - the active ingredient in Bush Master and other stretch control products. I think you will be surprised with what those lil growth tips can do. We shall see.

If you could, AK, enlighten me on the Bush Master product..? I got a medium-sized bottle as a gimme from the garden center man a while back, but just tossed it in the "gimmick" pile of other free bottled nutes I've been gifted.. ?

:thank you:

EDIT: Well, since I can't delete the damned post, I'll share with the rest'a y'all (from teh wiki):

Paclobutrazol (PBZ) is a plant growth retardant and triazole fungicide. It is a known antagonist of the plant hormone gibberellin. It acts by inhibiting gibberellin biosynthesis, reducing internodial growth to give stouter stems, increasing root growth, causing early fruitset and increasing seedset in plants such as tomato[1] and pepper.[2] PBZ has also been shown to reduce frost sensitivity in plants.
PBZ is used by arborists to reduce shoot growth and has been shown to have additional positive effects on trees and shrubs. Among those are improved resistance to drought stress, darker green leaves, higher resistance against fungi and bacteria, and enhanced development of roots. [3][4][5][6] Cambial growth, as well as shoot growth, has been shown to be reduced in some tree species

So to bring it back down to my level, is the idea essentially that it inhibits secondary branching?

:dunno:

:thank you:

Last edited:

FoCo(No.Co)

Barned
Veteran
What does 4.5 oz look like? Here is the middle plant freshly trimmed.
https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=37094&pictureid=879663&thumb=1
picture.php

One plant production = 4.5 oz dried

I'm not saying you are a liar, but I think there has been a mistake.

irobot sd

It looks like 2.5oz .. Maybe..
I actually like to lowball my lb per kw. Anything over is always a plus & feels rewarding.
Clean hydro setup though. Never paid much attention to those units so i'll take a seat in the outfield & watch the game

DIDM

Malaika
Veteran
the day you can fit 4.5 oz of dried herb while it is still fresh on one hanger you should call me and teach me all you know, I will gladly pay for it.

unless that hanger is for bigfoot's clothes then I don't see 4.5 there

aerokrafter

Trichome Taste Tester
ICMag Donor
Veteran
-silver hawaiian

Super Bud from Dutch Master was the first, several years ago, to promote a 'paclo' product that I am aware of. It was taken off the shelves because of carcinogenic fears - being ornimental only. I haven't found or heard of any data showing that paclo is unsafe. Since then several products have come out using it.

Its intended effect is slow or stop stretch. This also increases bud density. There are a couple good threads floating around here that go into pretty good detail.

In my case at 1/4 strength in the res - it burnt the crap out of my plants - they certainly stopped stretching! My proposed future experiment is to use it as a foliar spray avoiding some of the problems with paclos' persistence in roots.

If you pop the top on your bottle - be careful and keep it a small scale test. I have read of several other members fryin plants. There are also many success stories.

-FoCo

I really didn't want to post that picture with no perspective - hence it wasn't in my original GLG report. Those main buds are over 2 foot long and 5" thick. I'm not interested in a "shoe-wetting" contest that would take away from the main goal of this thread - maxxing out plants and exploring the limits of growth and knowledge. When I took that shot I had no idea I would be doing this thread or showing it to anyone. I will make sure to a better job of documentation in the future.

Doubt is great. It leads to questions, and if directed, knowledge.

-AK

eyes

Veteran
the day you can fit 4.5 oz of dried herb while it is still fresh on one hanger you should call me and teach me all you know, I will gladly pay for it.

unless that hanger is for bigfoot's clothes then I don't see 4.5 there

id have to agree with this 4.5 oz dry on one hanger? unless its outdoors and the buds are 6 ft long hanging to the floor. ive done a 38x 38inch scrogged nebula and that was 6 oz dry that took up tray after tray. those buds would have to weigh over 600 grams wet to return 4.5 oz dry. im always at 20 percent.some people say 22 or 25 percent .

Scottish Research

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I understand that you are using a light mover, but can you specify the type and brand of hood that you are employing for this grow?

A light mover can increase your usable light by up to 30% over a static hood set-up. This has to help your yield.

R.Fortune

aerokrafter

Trichome Taste Tester
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Day 10 Bloom Update

Planning day! First let me bring you up to speed on the grow.

Unit Shot:

Nice even canopy

Plant we have been tracking

A pinch that went too far.

Recovered nicely - I was sooo pissed when I did it.

And here is what we have to plan for

I moved the light up as far as possible, so you can see the max headroom available. Changing to a thinner reflector could get me another 6-8 inches to work with. In any event you can see that I have 36 fire hoses that are going into stretch for the next 2 weeks. My choices eventually will be pinching like mad, no more shoot pruning and hold on for dear life, or prune and spiral trellis.

I think I will wait for a few more days to decide, but in the mean time put in an early base trellis. I'll wait on more pruning, but continue to pinch for the next several days.

The spiral trellis would be cool to show, but a lot of work. Tho that wouldn't make the decision on what's best for the plants - if they need it, so be it. Besides it would be kinda ironic to use borrowed grape vine tech on Galactic Grape.

Let me know what you think is best, or if you have any other ideas.

As always, your questions and comments are welcome.

-AK