What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

CANNABIS JUICING

S

sativaking

So I've been doing some research and have come to the conclusion that juicing raw cannabis might be a good option for me in the future. Does anyone have any links or info as to whether or not the heated cannabis is actually better for you then the raw unburnt or heated version. I guess what I'm asking is the psychoactive component better for you or is raw better? (specifically in terms of not getting high i guess) I know its a gigantically broad question but any info or help would be greatly appreciated.

DrDee

Hey King...
Look up Bhang which is a traditional Indian milk based ganja drink. That may fit your need. I like to cook cuttings into a ganja butter (for edibles) and on cold winter days have been known to make a tea with milk and a large dollop of ganja butter. Not tasty but is effective.
Cheers,
Dee

Puffin13

Lifetime Supporter
ICMag Donor
Veteran
There are several videos on YouTube by Dr William Courtney. One of his original vids is called "Leaf". He explains pretty much everything about juicing.

Galaxy420

So I've been doing some research and have come to the conclusion that juicing raw cannabis might be a good option for me in the future. Does anyone have any links or info as to whether or not the heated cannabis is actually better for you then the raw unburnt or heated version. I guess what I'm asking is the psychoactive component better for you or is raw better? (specifically in terms of not getting high i guess) I know its a gigantically broad question but any info or help would be greatly appreciated.

cannabinoids in cannabis have an enzymatic shield surrounding them while the plant is alive. this shield allows the molecules to stay alive and serve their purpose for the plant when its living. once the plant is not growing and drying out the enzymatic shield falls off exposing the molecule itself ( decarboxylation).

that enzyme shield is the main difference in eating cannabis raw or using it dried. when you consume raw cannabis the enzymatic shiled blocks the cannabinoids ( molecules) from fitting into your neuronal receptors ( endocannabinoid system) and the molecules move quickly into your exit system to be sweat, shit, or pissed out. all the qualities of raw foods are there like anti inflammatory etc.... but the neuronal capabilities of the molecules are inhibited by the enzyme shield.
once that carbon enzymatic shield has been eliminated through decarboxylation the cannabis molecules then become vulnerable and is now the correct size to fit into your neurons like a key in a lock and the molecules can then fit between the cell walls via lipid transference signalling within the endocannabinoid system. decarboxylation can happen with time as the plant oxidizes or with direct heat through smoking, vaping, decarbing in oven etc....
this exposed molecule is then a perfect neuronal fit whereas before because of the shield surrounding it it was to big to fit the neuronal signalling system ( ECS).

to get the most it is best to supplement with both raw and dried cannabis for maximum effects.

Here is some males being juiced.:woohoo:
Greenmale-cannabis-juice.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

#1cheesebuds

Veteran
Hey G420 I have eaten raw cannabis a few times before and I got a great high, so explain how I got a great buzz from the raw cannabis when you say its not possible.

I wood

Although I've never juiced more than an experimental time or two, I find that snacking on some larffy trim does give a nice relaxing happy effect. Very different from anything dry or otherwise processed. Terpenes were giving the effect I always assumed.
There is definitely some pain reduction going on, productivity goes up.
A handfull of thumb sized buds are pretty good on a salad as well, too big and they get sticky.

Galaxy420

Hey G420 I have eaten raw cannabis a few times before and I got a great high, so explain how I got a great buzz from the raw cannabis when you say its not possible.

it could be that some of the compounds went through decarboxylation on the plant during growth. natural decarboxylation can happen when plants are grown out to full maturity outside and in the heat of the day in hotter climates... tropical sativas grown in tropical environments comes to mind....

Galaxy420

WTH! cannot edit on here..

^^^ Anywho- the size of the cannabinoids are to big when they are in their carbon form = THCA and CBDA etc.... and are not of correct size to be a neuronal fit in our endocannabinoid receptor sites, like CB 1 and CB 2.

once decarboxylation occurs from time or high heat the THC/CBD molecules become carbon neutral ( decarboxylate) and are then active molecular compounds able to be absorbed neurally...

You dont need heat to decarbo or what ever scientific term is used to describe it. Im personally grown weed indoors under cold temps. The raw nugs did in fact get you high.

So let me make myself clear as this knowledge trumps any scientific understanding of weed.

I have grown herb indoors from seed under High output T5s with a cold room under 73 at all times. The plants dont get close to the luke warm lights either. Give a nug 1-2grams to a light weight and she was HIGH HIGH.

She could have been faking it though with blood shot eyes, laughing so hard she could order lunch from the waiter, eating like a monster, more talkative than normal.

But if she was faking then I still count all the other thousand times ive seen people get high from raw weed and also myself.

So to the unbelievers - Grow some yourself then eat the plant you grew and tell me you dont get high without heat.

Then your gonna go on and say well yea but citric acid also decarbs weed....

So when you grow a female plant and eat it to get high make sure you fast water only so you can see for yourself that you can in fact get high from raw undecarbed cannabis(Unless it decarbs in your stomach acids but then this convo would have a moot point)

If someone with experience wants to try and change my view on raw canna I would be happy to hear your story based on trying it.

LostTribe

Premium user
I want to try this so using just vegging plant materials or what? that guy used a male....

I use males for jucing and it keeps the plant in veg becuase of the heavy trimming. I leave one branch full of good shoots and bananas. This i collect and brush on to females.

Juicing the males has helped me determine that my og kush male is stronger than my tahoe male.

I juice the stalks they are great but anything bigger then a dime size gets nasty in the juicer blade. I would stick to fresh shoots if you dont have a heavy duty juicer.

sadpanda

wow, the word chlorophyll doesnt exist in this thread yet :D
ive read activated charcoal can remove chlorophyll but also at the expense of a lot of the good stuff also :(