What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Best mix for migraine?

U

usually

nitrous oxide

wins more than it fails and is almost instant relief...

Nitrous causes brain damage similar to the effects to pcp.

Skunk 1 works for headaches. Bubba doesn't. Which is a good reason not to mix those 2 strains.

corky1968

Veteran
Avoid bright lights, noises and use an ice pack to cool down.

Ear plugs and an eye cover also helps.

:comfort:

DontTellMyWife

I don't really have anything useful to add about a good mix, but I do know that not every migraine is the same. I've read support for sativas over indicas and the opposite as well. My wife suffers terribly, several per week. Sometimes they are on the right, sometimes the left, or both sides. And sometimes they are so complex, like the other night that she becomes literally paralyzed with pain and gives everybody a fright. I've recently acquired some critical cure seeds and hope to see if that is any help for her.

Ok. Had some time to experiment with this. My wife has really had a rough go. Besides the normal debilitating migraines, she has developed a constant headache in the crown area. I cooked up a critical cure oil tincture. Two hours in boiled water, so it's only partially decarboxilated (she's conservative, so there is the socisl stigma as well, ie she feels almost wrong taking it), and also a 4 hour version.

I wouldnt call it a cure, but there was a noticeable difference. The constant crown pain mostly dissappeared. Now, she has had a few migraine episodes over a month, but they are less frequent and less intense. Also, the old treatment combo had fallen ineffective. It's works once again. A positive experience. The strain is supposed to be 1:1, but I plan on testing other strains not known for CBD. I didnt see any difference between the two batches of differing cook times.

DontTellMyWife

DontTellMyWife,
This link might be useful for you.

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=288029

If not the whole thread, the very first post may be.

Also,
If you'd like to try & remove the stigma...
God made weed & said it was good.
What man has the authoriy to claim otherwise?
;)

Very nice. I will try that. Well, god is the right angle with her and her eyes have opened a little. However, the pot-head loser stereotype has deep roots. Hollywood doesnt help with that image.

Tripsick

Experienced?
Veteran
Nitrous causes brain damage similar to the effects to pcp.

Skunk 1 works for headaches. Bubba doesn't. Which is a good reason not to mix those 2 strains.

There is little, if any, evidence that nitrous oxide causes Olney's Lesions

Nitrous oxide for the treatment of acute migraine headache.
Triner WR1, Bartfield JM, Birdwell M, Raccio-Robak N.
Author information
Abstract
The objective of this study was to determine the efficacy of nitrous oxide in the therapy of acute migraine symptoms in emergency department (ED) patients. This was a prospective, randomized, double blind study of patients presenting to an ED. All eligible patients had a prior diagnosis and symptoms consistent with migraine headache and a normal neurological examination. Patients were randomized to receive either 50% nitrous oxide and 50% oxygen or 100% oxygen over 20 minutes. All patients completed a visual analog pain scale before and immediately after intervention. Initial pain scores and change in pain scores between the two groups were compared. There were 22 patients enrolled, 10 in the nitrous oxide group and 12 in the oxygen group. The groups were similar in age, gender, duration of headache, and initial pain scores. Pain scores decreased significantly in the nitrous oxide group (median change, 69 to 21 mm, P = .02). The oxygen group did not show significant change in pain scores (median change, 78.5 to 72, P = .09). Eighty percent of patients receiving nitrous oxide required no rescue medication at the completion of the intervention, compared with 17% of those receiving 100% oxygen (P = .008). Twenty minutes after termination of intervention, 60% of patients who had received nitrous oxide still required no rescue medication, compared with 8% of those who had received 100% oxygen (P = .02). Nitrous oxide shows efficacy in ED short-term treatment of acute migraine headache.

It works... and when you suffer daily.. or for weeks on end.. you will find what works.

U

usually

There is little, if any, evidence that nitrous oxide causes Olney's Lesions

It works... and when you suffer daily.. or for weeks on end.. you will find what works.

Ive never heard of olney's lesions b4. Just meant the effects being the 'same' from both the next day > conversationwise.

canned abyss1

Veteran
I used to get them all of the time I figured out that they were being caused by all of the preservatives in food and since I cut them out of my diet I haven't had one, the only time since mid march was when I ate a McDonald's chicken sandwich.

Latest posts

Latest posts