What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

the bio-droid training facility... green dragon experiments.

generalgrievous

collector of lightsabers.. and fine cannabis genet
ICMag Donor
barnt... your better at the math than me i think but if i'm close, my most recent batch, #4... has 1/3 g. per tsp. not bad considering how good this dragon is...

in a nutshell this batch was perfect. 1/4 tsp... nice mellow body high, the pains of every day life are gone. 1/2 tsp... the high moves into my head, i'm stoned as can be without being lost or confused... the body high is now a tingle... this is perfect for me at work... walking on clouds. 3/4 tsp... things get overwhelming... several nights now i've slept on my living room floor because i needed to lie down and seized the first opportunity... the damn floor. this is without doing what i have to do at lights on... complete shutdown. in a way, this is great... my major malfunction is severe insomnia... :whee:

piel... sounds like a monster batch... how much are you reducing...? please let me know how she comes out...

jburns

i thought thc was solvent in alcohol and fats as is, without decarbing?

is decarbing a necessary step?

Anti

Sorcerer's Apprentice
Veteran
i thought thc was solvent in alcohol and fats as is, without decarbing?

It is.

is decarbing a necessary step?

Nope. Smoking a whole joint is also not a necessary step. You could roll a nice 1g joint and then take 2 hits and throw the thing over your shoulder.... it would work. It'd still have some THC in it, but not nearly as much THC as smoking the whole joint.

Decarboxylation simply converts pre-THC cannabinoids and THC alcohol into THC.

If you don't do it, there will still be THC in your tinct, just less of it.

Piel

Veteran
GG: I tried a one ml dose yesterday and it gave agood buzz, I added som more alchohol as the weed was barely covered after reduction. I´ll filter tonight and reduce a bit.

One problem: If I take a nice dose of GD and smoke some kief Í get pretty high but doing more just doesn´t get me higher. I have a 3 day break every month to reduce tolerance. I´ve been smoking daily now for about three years do to medical issues (osteoarthritis etc). I´m 50+ -does age make it harder to get really stoned?

Anti

Sorcerer's Apprentice
Veteran
The way I've always understood it... you get higher by taking more AT ONCE. Once you've hit a certain plateau, smoking more EXTENDS the high, but does not RAISE the high.

So... if you normally smoke .25g of kief from a pipe over a period of say 5 minutes, but today you take .25g of kief in a single bongload... you should get HIGHER today because it all hits your system at once.

Mountain High

Veteran
Great information GeneralGrievous. I'll grab some everclear and give this a try. This Green Dragon should be good as a topical for sore joints and tight muscles. I can't wait. A friend owns a medical dispensary and made some Green Dragon and put them in a mini spray bottles to use orally or topically and this is my favorite thing that has hit the medical market. His was lab tested at 16% THC. I ordered some Stevia flavoring to add to my Green dragon, rootbeer and berry. I was just wasn't sure of how much bud or trim to use, and thanks to GG I will have a good starting point.

Piel

Veteran
Anti: I guess youŕe right, I usually smoke a bong bowl early in the evening, today combined with 1.5ml GD in OJ. NOW I´m stoned and having difficulty hitting the right keys.:dance013:

Piel

Veteran
Did half a bowl and 6 (or 8?) ml of GD. That was two hours ago and now it´s really punching in.

Forgot to press the submit key...

generalgrievous

ICMag Donor
Great information GeneralGrievous. I'll grab some everclear and give this a try. I was just wasn't sure of how much bud or trim to use...

happy to have helped... please let me know how things work out...

Did half a bowl and 6 (or 8?) ml of GD. That was two hours ago and now it´s really punching in.

Forgot to press the submit key...

i'm glad it worked out... :whee: how much finish dragon did you end up with...?

i think 6ml is 1 tsp... which is what i work up to in 2 or 3 doses a night. it is tolerance building it would seem and why i'm going to keep rotating strains.... i have a 1/2 ounce left of the kick ass batch so gotta make more this weekend...

gonna make a big monster dragon batch with the upcoming harvest...

Piel

Veteran
Howdy,
I´d say I ended up with about 600ml which I reduced a bit, didn´t really measure it though. Nice body buzz but tolerance does build up quickly. A few tokes of a nice joint or a bowl of kief and without pain (osteoarthritis etc) for up to six hours and I sleep like a pig!

generalgrievous

ICMag Donor
i love sleeping like a pig... :whee:

picture.php

3.5 oz. finished dragon...

picture.php

7 g. shake, bubba, chocolope, skunk #1... 3 gram dog bud... 8 oz. 95% everclear...

5 min decarb @ 325f... 25 min extraction @ 161-164/boiling... once again i used salt in the water bath and got it up to 199f...

i took 1/2 tsp. last night with a beer... 20 min. in my arms and shoulders went limp and tingly... i sure do like that...

batch four had one test subject stopping every little bit to check and remind herself she wasn't tripping... another had erratic heart beats... or certainly thought he did... :whee:

these two subjects were given 3/8 tsp. in water... i light dose by my standards....

self titration is a must...

rafe

reduce

reduce

Hey Piel don't have to go off my meds. The doctor is taking me back. On the beautiful green liquid in this talk is somewhat like I made hash oil last summer.just reduce in a flat corning ware dish until tiny bubbles start pull off warm surface then use your razor blade to scrape up.

generalgrievous

ICMag Donor
Yeah that happens... I take it nightly till my batch is gone than i wait about a week...:whee:

Gonna be waiting about a month this time... out of excess flowers for the time being... :wallbash:

razor ridge

Has anyone had a still and put some good bud in the condensing chamber for the freshly distilled corn liquor to filter thru? I've been wanting to build one for the sole reason of making cannabis moonshine....

generalgrievous

ICMag Donor
i used to home distill... was an 8 gl. boiler with a fractional column... i used it as a pot still and made lots of kick as whisky... if this is something you wanna learn about check out homedistiller.org the crew that moderates that site are fuking masters and will teach you everything... i still have a little of my juice that was overoaked and has been hanging out for years... planning on using it for some whisky dragon when i figure out how to decarb honey... that dude Lazyman wouldn't get back to me... guess he's lazy... :whee:

got a couple oz's of dragon left... and than i'm gonna have to do without for a couple weeks... :wallbash:

razor ridge

I'm for sure going to try your method, tired of the same ole ice hash, qwiso, btho, and I cant eat the butter anymore. Ready for something new, thanks for the posts.

Piel

Veteran
Well I´ll soon have about 30gr of kiefed weed -here we go again! I´ll try decarbing at a higher temp this time and for a few minutes longer and I´m hoping the kick will be a tad "sharper" than usual.:dance013:

Mountain High

Veteran
Well GG, I finished my Green Dragon a while ago. I've been putting it into a spray bottle like Binaca breath spray. I use it orally and topically. This is my favorite cannabis concentrate, period. Thanks for the tips.

generalgrievous

ICMag Donor
piel ...what decarb time and temp are you using...? i attempted some lower temps at a longer time frame and it didn't work out too well. do you make qwiso or bho ...i've been experimenting with cyborg mega dragon 10x... good stuff.

mountain high ... topical... thats fuking awesome... are you using it full strength as an oral spray... does it burn?

topical... fuking awesome... i'm so making a new super strong batch... maybe mix with a little eucalyptus oil... :whee:

topical... :woohoo: it sounds so good i'm gonna go rub what i have left on something...:dunno: