What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

COB diy project. Asking for help

RealOG

Hi, I have two plates with two HPS bulbs above them and I’m going to replace these bulbs with COB plates. I’m planning to use Cree CXB3590 chips. My questions are: How many chips should I be using to cover a surface of 110cmX100cm while the power consumption is the lowest?
Should I add other led bulbs so it will increase the light spectrum or the COBs are enough?
I will be glad to get more information about drivers, heatsinks and other COB chips that you guys prefer.
Also got my eye on the Vero29, what do you think?
Thank you for the attention :)

starke

Use the search/advanced search function and you will probably find the info you are seeking has already been answered, probably multiple times.

AgentPothead

Just this guy, ya know?
For the vero29 you can place them exactly as you would place your HPS bulbs. For flower they recommend height of 18 inches gets you a footprint of about .465 square meters. For veg they recommend height of 24 inches with a footprint of about 1.14 square meters. They are recommended for small grows, or adding supplement light to your grow. I'm not sure you will be able to straight up replace 2x hps with 2x vero 29, they say it outputs 18,000 lumen, but depending on the wattage of your HPS you are putting out a ton more than that.
And for starke, the search on forums is pretty much trash, even using google to search the website for you not a lot of hits.