What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

What the hell is in this weed?? Is it safe?

Mengsk

Sorry to interject but in my 30s I've learned even recently that vasoconstrictors are what you want to stay away from. If you use them then minimal or only as necessary. This includes caffeine nicotine epinephrine and I guess a bunch or other stimulants. Quitting coffee is probably a bigger deal than many would care to admit. Maybe cannabis is exacerbating or synergistic with one/some or you are perceiving it that way.

therevverend

Veteran
actually its not the INCREASE in BP but the widening of vessels (which actually lowers BP) that causes redness

Yes that is true the logic there is that coffee and cigarettes would do the same thing. But I've had my blood pressure crash below 110 down to below 100 plenty of times and it didn't make my eyes red. I'm thinking they don't really know why. Are there any studies cited?

I gleaned the bit about the red eyes from a kidney doctor who told me it's one of the reason kidney transplant candidates can't be cannabis users. The tiny tiny blood vessels in your kidney burst which makes you more at risk for rejecting a new kidney. Always shitty to see people are getting rejected for transplants for a dumb reason.

However what I said about cannabis increasing and then decreasing blood pressure is true.

https://www.leafly.com/news/health/cannabis-high-blood-pressure-hypertension

But like I said the results vary. If you're a regular smoker the raising and lowering of blood pressure is greatly reduced. Your body gets used to it over time.

Quitting coffee is probably a bigger deal than many would care to admit.

I started drinking coffee again a couple years ago after drinking and quitting many times over the years. This time the strong Cuban stuff. Got to say I am physically addicted. If I don't drink coffee I get high blood pressure and a nasty high blood pressure headache. I'm sure my other health problems are involved. Fortunately coffee is legal and easily obtainable...

Maybe cannabis is exacerbating or synergistic with one/some or you are perceiving it that way.

But that's a big no. Coffee has nothing to do the with panic attacks or elevated blood pressure. That's cannabis alone. I've had it happen without any vasoconstrictors in my system. I've never been a tobacco user so I'm no expert in a combination of the two but the times I've tried them together it's been an enjoyable combination.

Mengsk

For me I don't like the combustion part at all, so if you count tea that's down to 1-2. It takes a while but that's better than being physically addicted to it like you mentioned.

nksv

sounds to me like you had a very successful grow!

I remember doing the same though. when i started i was reading the descriptions and then growing expecting a 'relaxing euphoric rush' etc...smashing a joint in hopes to get maximum benefits only to go into paranoland and having the complete opposite experience of what I hoped for! hahaha! Once I worked out to take it slow, man, THEN the magic happened.

Once you learn to work with the more powerful strains, it's special. Enjoy yourself!

clearheaded

I think your kidney dr was a qaick, with a bias for cannabis. cannabis def has an affect on immune system and thats why they didnt want to people to smoke cannabis when get a transplant, not because of reasons you describe. Again thc opens up vessels which makes your eyes red larger vessels to see. here is a video if your more of a visual person..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IvK4GyNB6P8

Last edited:

insomniac_AU

I think this weed is actually too strong for me..

I switched from growing indoors to growing outdoors this year...

I have been smoking weed for 20 years and I have lots of experience and tollerance. I have been smoking regularly for about 3 months, so my tollerance should be high...
Hi MM. There is every chance growing the same strain outdoor will result in a different product. You say you have been smoking regularly for 3 months. In saying that I'm assuming you don't always smoke regularly? I'm also assuming you haven't been smoking this strain for the last 3 months? If that's the case I just think you've grown some great weed and it's stronger than what you are used to. I'm sure your tolerance to it will increase.

herbgreen

Veteran
Fresh weed can be very strange

Uncured ganja is a roll of the dice

Get it in a jar and leave it there for couple months...it will mellow and you will enjoy it more

But yeah think we have all experienced this reaction probably amplified by being un cured

clearheaded has it right for the most part its a vascular dialator and when people pass out its loss of bloodpressure but that fast heart makes it feel the opposite

Not a medical expert but pretty sure no one has ever died from smoking pot even using killer weed

Maybe something to do with it being outdoors made it stronger or leting it go to amber brought some more potency you did not expect

Magic-Matt

It was the 48 hour dark period.....WAY TO DARK!!!!!! It pulled the strain right into hell, the ultimate darkness. It came back as the devils weed, which completely explains your heart issues as HE was trying to pull you back to his realm. At some point you must have drank some water, which is actually the antidote for the devils grasp he had on you. Just know this, you are lucky to have not been sexually assaulted by the devil.

Or it could of been the other stuff you took...…..
LMFAO