What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

top of the heap to third world status in one generation

packerfan79

Veteran
I always thought soccer was something little kids played. That was before we had mass immigration from Mexico. My shop shutdown when the world cup is on. I am working away while 20 guys are standing around watching soccer. I find it hilarious my punk supervisor doesn't have the balls to shut it down. It's not like it's the superbowl.

I have not been to keen on the NFL. It's hard to take people seriously when they only protest while they are on the clock. You only hear about all the players getting arrested during the offseason. NFL has lost millions of fans, due to their disrespectful so called protest. What are you protesting, you make millions of dollars a year to play a freaking game. If you want to make a difference, go to the inner cities and spend some of those millions fixing things. Or you can act a fool and disrespect the men and women who have faught and died for their freedom to act like a disrespectful child. Maybe if their daddy's whipped that ass they would have some respect.

Elmer Bud

Genotype Sex Worker AKA strain whore
Veteran
Just being the most popular doesn't really mean it's the best. Like who the fuck thinks field hockey is better than ice hokey?? Do they really have professional field hockey? And cricket, I've never seen a cricket game on TV I have seen rugby, still no idea what cricket is. I will admit baseball is pretty stupid though fun to play.

But of course soccer is the most popular sport damn sure not the best sport, but it's great for little kids. Nobody wants to see a 7 year old with a concussion from playing grown ups football. :biggrin:

Shame boxing doesn't make the list I swear it was bigger than soccer at one point.

G `day CD

Cricket is the national summer sport in Australia .
It`s a colonial thang . Ozzies , Indians , West Indians all love to see their nation defeat their old over lords England .

Test Cricket matches can last 5 days and consist of 3 - 2 hour blocks per day. Potentially unfolding over the 30 hours to a climax in the last moments .

Those 30 hours are all televised on free to air TV in Australia .

Thanks for sharin

EB .

PDX Dopesmoker

Its kinda funny seeing all you self-identified dropouts get all hot and bothered over mainstream politics like any other average twat from an average suburb. I bet its the social media worms eating into your 21st century schizoid brains.
jerry-garcia-88-well-party-grateful_1_fd4edf64b18f113913dc9fecf4e97132.jpg

PDX Dopesmoker

I got this comment a few weeks ago on my IG account
فروش بهترين خفن ترين گل اورجينال در تهران . فروش نابي ترين ماريجوا وييد گل سم فقط فروش گل سم اورجينال فروش نژاد هاي لمون.اوجي كوش اصل.باباكوش.اتوفلاور.دي ان اي فلاور . براي خريد اين نژاد گل ها ك فقط تو تهران دسته منه دايركت بديد از خريدتون پشيمون نميشيد هيچ مشتريمونم ميشيد ما به صورت ٢٤ساعت آنلاين هستيم براي فروش گل و ارسال به تمام شهر ها داريم منتظر پيام شما هستم ...

Google translated it to
Selling the best marble primary flower in Tehran. The best selling Marijuana Vida Golam is only the sale of the original porridge. Sell Lemon breeds. Awaji Koush Asl.Babakosh.atoflower.DI AN Flower. To buy this flower of flowers, only you in Tehran, my group, you can not find your purchase. No customer. We are 24 hours online. We are waiting for your message to sell flowers and send to all cities.

So I guess I can score Lemon Kush in Tehran if I need to, nifty. Anyone who wants to take a crack at restarting the Hashisim and becoming the next Hassan i Sabbah should contact me for advice on acquire the necessary raw materials. Note the flourishes of Persian poetry in the message, this guy is all class.

Gry

Money spent on educating our populace provided returns of 700%.
At the same time It made our educational system the best of the world, with people competing to gain access to our state universities.
Public investment into education was good for our country, and contributed to making our middle class a standard by which the rest of the world measured progress.

bigtacofarmer

Veteran
Its kinda funny seeing all you self-identified dropouts get all hot and bothered over mainstream politics like any other average twat from an average suburb. I bet its the social media worms eating into your 21st century schizoid brains.
View Image

Mainstream politics have made being a dropout and trying to maintain a high quality of life while not supporting the same government you choose not recognize more challanging than ever.

packerfan79

Veteran
Living off the grid is a nice idea, but that's all it is .... an idea!:blowbubbles:

In many places living off grid is essentially a crime. Their are people who legitimately live off grid. It's difficult if you live in a high tax state. If you live in a state with low or no property tax , you can live off grid. It may not be for you, but many people choose to live off grid. To me not being in the rat race, it sounds like hard work. It should be a very rewarding way of life.

CosmicGiggle

Veteran
Sure, this has been going on for a long time, especially since the '70's, it's do-able if you can't handle the rat race, but for how long?

bigtacofarmer

Veteran
Several levels of going off the grid. And many levels of dropping out. Lots of desirable things about providing for yourself. And tons of work not to mention skills. Anyone who has put much thought into going off grid or started also must know the importance of a skilled community.

And strong communities providing for themselves while avoiding all banking and coorperate ties is the best way to drop out.

packerfan79

Veteran
Sure, this has been going on for a long time, especially since the '70's, it's do-able if you can't handle the rat race, but for how long?

People lived off grid for thousands of years. We have only had electricity for a minuscule amount of time. Maybe a century. With the availability of solar power off grid living is much more comfortable.

I believe that if people were taught how to grow their own food, and raise livestock people would be much better off in natural disasters. They would be better off in general. You will need staples such as flour, salt, spices, coffee. Medical services will be needed on occasion.

CosmicGiggle

Veteran
Most of which could be traded for with like minded communities all while not funding anything counter productive to that lifestyle or freedom.

This is great in theory but how long do these like minded communities last before the in-fighting/dissatisfaction starts breaking up?

In the USA there were plenty of idealistic, high-minded communes started in the 70's but the only one still going that I know of is The Farm in Tennessee.

bigtacofarmer

Veteran
This is great in theory but how long do these like minded communities last before the in-fighting/dissatisfaction starts breaking up?

In the USA there were plenty of idealistic, high-minded communes started in the 70's but the only one still going that I know of is The Farm in Tennessee.

We will have to have a good LSD cook and probably a fat mushroom and cacti collection also. It won't complete change human nature but in most cases it should help prevent violence, overconsumption and abuse of nature. And provide a semi valuble export. Althought the meds should be free for all.

CosmicGiggle

Veteran
We will have to have a good LSD cook and probably a fat mushroom and cacti collection also. It won't complete change human nature but in most cases it should help prevent violence, overconsumption and abuse of nature. And provide a semi valuble export. Althought the meds should be free for all.

HaHa, I had forgotten that LSD commune I visited in Northern California tucked away in the woods in '73? where everyone (even the 5yr. olds) took it everyday but no one got high offa it anymore.

They cooked up some good stuff and sold it, but it didn't prevent things from falling apart, as usual!:tiphat:

:laughing: ...... but on a side note, their main source of protein was ROADKILL!!!!:biggrin:

...... and I remember one guy had a homemade jacket with a dead kitten on each shoulder acting as epaulets.

CosmicGiggle

Veteran
..... and then there was that hippie nudist colony on Grassy Key, Fla., that folded because of the hugh pile of garbage that they had no way of getting rid of.:tiphat:

bigtacofarmer

Veteran
With no real psychedelic history or shamanic type practices in Murican culture it only makes sense that some will take it a strange direction. Simply learn from their mistakes and keep trying. With all the new science and any substance imaginable for sale online I think the world is more prepared for another mass awakening. Even ayauasca and dmt are fairly mainstream. And all the good and bad experiences with psychedics are now part of our history and can all be learned from.

Almost time for the next big wave of waking up the sheeple.

Latest posts

Latest posts