What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Piss and organics

CannaExists

Paint Your DreamStrain
Veteran
I'm very low on cash right now so my dicks secretions are a blessing... my question is, does the ammonia in the piss harm our little microscopic buddies or am I good to go?

maryjohn

Veteran
how much are you diluting it?

and do you think you can get your piss to contain more of any one nute by eating more of it? like say a bunch of grapes all day to piss P?

Clackamas Coot

Veteran
On the bright side of things, if you're diabetic the sugar in your urine will make your buds sweet!

See any of the molasses threads on how sugar makes your buds sweet!

pffffffttttttttttt............

Clackamas Coot

Veteran
If it works then picking up urine from drug-testing clinics might become the next project for the 'grow store industry' perhaps?

quadracer

I'm very low on cash right now so my dicks secretions are a blessing... my question is, does the ammonia in the piss harm our little microscopic buddies or am I good to go?

First. WTF. Your dick's secretions is related to your reproduction system, AKA SEMEN. Your excretion would be your urine. Haha. I hope you aren't jerking off into your soil.

Second, I wouldn't use your urine for plant food. Not only is urine the body's way of cleansing itself, it can contain pharmaceuticals (if you take them).

Nitrogen is the easiest of the NPK to obtain, and it is so abundant in nature you can find it everywhere.

Clackamas Coot

Veteran
Getting pet food for rodents which is alfalfa meal with molasses as a binder is a cheap way to get nitrogen into your potting soil.

HTH

CC

magiccannabus

Next Stop: Outer Space!
Veteran
I use urine. Human urine is one of the single most complete fertilizers, and it is organic in my opinion, but the salt content means you shouldn't use it too often. The salt is the real danger to your micro herd. Use it with molasses, this chelates a lot of the materials in it, makes it not hit the soil so hard.

Clackamas Coot

Veteran
Given the price of 'realistic' dry fertilizers (and some liquid products NOT sold in grow stores), I'm having trouble understanding on why anyone would piss/urinate on their plants.

A 'tad weird' for me but whatever blows your hair back I suppose. What's next? Taking a dump on your plants? Placenta? Menstrual discharge? Mucous? A growth from a 'yeast infection' - there's a whole new world waiting for investigation and testing, eh?

Good luck! Seriously........

maryjohn

Veteran
it does get your urine out of the waste stream. All that NPK does not get filtered out, just pumped into our waters.

Clackamas Coot

Veteran
Sure - why not?

Let's start a movement having people walk out to the front yard for their morning 'business' - that should be a real hoot, eh?

Insanity.

First. WTF. Your dick's secretions is related to your reproduction system, AKA SEMEN. Your excretion would be your urine. Haha. I hope you aren't jerking off into your soil.

Second, I wouldn't use your urine for plant food. Not only is urine the body's way of cleansing itself, it can contain pharmaceuticals (if you take them).

Nitrogen is the easiest of the NPK to obtain, and it is so abundant in nature you can find it everywhere.
:jerkit:

good luck man

maryjohn

Veteran
Sure - why not?

Let's start a movement having people walk out to the front yard for their morning 'business' - that should be a real hoot, eh?

Insanity.

Insanity is having a single waste stream for fecal matter and urine, when the urine contains so many useful products. There are toilets out there which separate the two, and the urine can be used as is for fertilizer, or thrown on a compost pile.

Clackamas Coot

Veteran
Maryjohn

You obviously live in a far, far better neighborhood than I do. Having been to 'block parties' where my neighbors show up in 'bermuda shorts' (that's a horror in and of itself) as well as their 50+ wives in 'halter tops' - I'll pass on watching my neighbors piss and urinate on their front lawns.

But if you find it a 'social cause' then go for it. I'll continue to use a toilet and buy my amendments for my grow at the farm store.

YMMV

CC

maryjohn

Veteran
I think you misunderstand, I live in the same wasteful world as you

I am advocating municipal regulations requiring homeowners to have double stream toilets. You can piss in it and the piss goes to a holding tank while the solid waste goes into the municipal stream. You can pay to have it taken away or you can use it in your yard - whatever fits your lifestyle.

insanity is the way we are killing our oceans with too many nutes. Ever hear of dead zones?

maryjohn

Veteran
It's not likely to happen on a large scale, but if I were not renting I would use one for sure.

you know what else would work, is a program to separate out nutrients before pumping water back out again

Clackamas Coot

Veteran
You obviously are far more concerned about this issue than I am. I'm somewhat of a traditionalist - I'll continue to use a toilet to get rid of my body's waste.

I don't really care what others choose to do - as long as I don't have to walk out on my balcony to look at the bridges crossing the Willamette River and not have to watch my neighbors 'fertilizing' their gardens.

Fish bone meal at $20.00 per 50 lbs. is a nicer approach from my perspective.

YMMV

CC

maryjohn

Veteran
nice. it doesn't matter what damage is being done as long as nothing changes in my backyard.

quite the sentiment.

no one is judging your apathy, but please don't cast aspersions on others for trying to do something about a very big problem

And no one proposed having everyone whip their dicks out, by the way, you just put it that way so you could pretend to have a point.