What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Seed sterilization/disinfection/protection

So i tried some words in the search box but i didnt find anything. I got some beans im happy about. Im moving my grow into a attached garage. I bought a few disinfectants and im sealing around the doors for bugs mold mildew. Im using a tent with a dustshroom on the intake. My question is how can i start out from the begining with seeds having steralize disaffected seeds. Then how can i protect them from that size/age? I feel i have a better grip on understanding seed sterilization than treating a taproot small plant with miticide/fungicide

thejact55

Why are you do worried about sterilization? Pop the seeds throw em in soil and let em grow. They do grow really well outside where mildew, fungus, bacteria and whatever else flourishes. Some of this stuff can be helpful actually. This isnt like growing mushrooms, theyll be fine outside of something crazy happening

No, that is silly. When you do outdoor you make the decision to accept what comes with that, there is not much you can do about the environment besides a greenhouse. I can control the environment indoor to a degree. Seeds produced outside are different than seeds produced indoors. Plants that are outdoor are specifically made for the elements. Not all indoor plants can survive outdoor. Need i go on? Different strokes for different folks. I like to make my work easier on me.

Wagonweed

Unless you sterilize your self every time you go near your seeds or grow how can you possibly avoid "contamination". You would be the carrier in just about all cases.

thejact55

Silly? You are way over-thinking this. Please name one strain that doesnt work outdoors. If there is one, that strain is obviously garbage.
Seeds produced indoors are in no way different than those produced outdoors. I probably have 3000 seeds that i have produced indoors, and i have 100 percent confidence they would be just fine outdoors. The only factor that needs to be considered in planting "indoor" plants outdoors if flowering time.

Just understand there was a reason that your search provided no results, before you posted this. Same goes for why no one answered this post for 2 days before i did.

Silly? You are way over-thinking this. Please name one strain that doesnt work outdoors. If there is one, that strain is obviously garbage.
Seeds produced indoors are in no way different than those produced outdoors. I probably have 3000 seeds that i have produced indoors, and i have 100 percent confidence they would be just fine outdoors. The only factor that needs to be considered in planting "indoor" plants outdoors if flowering time.

Just understand there was a reason that your search provided no results, before you posted this. Same goes for why no one answered this post for 2 days before i did.

Saying any seeds works for you outdoors so should for me is ridiculous. You do realize were in different climates most likely. Where i live 60% of outdoor cant make it to the end sooo .why dont you start a thread on why you dont need to steralize seeds instead of hijacking my thread for your oposing thoughts .

thejact55

Saying any seeds works for you outdoors so should for me is ridiculous. You do realize were in different climates most likely. Where i live 60% of outdoor cant make it to the end sooo .why dont you start a thread on why you dont need to steralize seeds instead of hijacking my thread for your oposing thoughts .

Im way north, 60 percent of seeds wont finish for me outside either, but it has nothing to do with fungus, bacteria, germs, sterilization ect, purely flower time. I umderstand humidity, heat, rain ect can have effect on outdoor performace also, but again not the lack of sterilization. I was offering advice, as to not worry too hard about super sterilization, not hijacking. Just because the answer was an opposing to what you believe, does not make it a hijack. The second one person on here comes forward, and agrees with you...then ill be the first to come forward and say i was wrong...im waiting :)

its not for outdoor so thats that. Your logic that your trying to apply to my question may stand and work for you but you want to talk about things that dont apply to me or my grow. So i am now wasting my time explaining that to you so i see it as hijacking. Do you see the other answers people give. I could care less if or when you would be ready to say your wrong. Your irrelevant to me. That is all