What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Opinoins on finding death star bag seed?

JROCKIN

Just like the title what's some opinions on what I might have? A buddy brought back a few lbs of DS from c-bus. We found 4 seeds currently 4 weeks in flower on one, the other 3 are bonsai mom's and flowering after this run. Is it possible the grower let them go a little to long and slightly hermied that grow? Or poliination from nearby males? I know death star is clone only but maybe someone feminized it or made a cross. Whatever it was it was some damn good bud. The last time I had death star was 10 years ago so I don't really remember what it was like. Like I said 4 weeks into flower and it looks great no nanners or anything. What yall think?

Burt

Veteran
I think your golden dood
All elites self replicate is my opinion
Have you ever seen an ugly elite?
Elites smell and look dank and use our senses to propagate themselves via cloning or breeding
When we forget to do so, they do it themselves via a few seeds

JROCKIN

Thanks burt! Your reassurance puts me at ease. I'm really hoping it's real death star and that it's at least as good as the bag it came from, that shit was fire! And I'm hoping it's not a hermie obviously, I don't mind a few seeds like 1 in every Oz or 2 but I don't want seeded 90's weed. We found 4 seeds and I'm 4 weeks in flower on what was the healthiest of the 4 and the other 3 are bonsai mothers. They are all very mature, like at least 4-5 months I forget when I germinated them. They all started showing preflowers at about 4 weeks from germ under 24hr light. The one I'm flowering currently was prolly 3-4 months old before I flipped it. Since I had to wait for my last autoflower run to finish it stayed in a 4" square pot of ffof under t8 lights and was topped and trained heavily and now has prolly at least 20 colas!! I transplanted into 3.5 gal coco/perl hempys and vegged another month under 600w MH. It really didn't stretch much so this is my first grow that didn't totally grow up into the light.

Emperortaima

Namekian resident/farmer
If it's bagseed just state the honest fact about it unless you know of certain by the grower who the pollen donor is so you know what to call it ;) best of luck with your grow friend

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Do you know what the growing conditions were where the bud you found the seeds in was like?

What other cultivars were being grown at that same time in that same location?

You never know what you've got but I can tell you that you will not have a "Death Star" plant. It may be an S1 of Death Star or a cross of Death Star but Death Star it is not. The only thing you can count on is that Death Star was one of the gene donors.

As long as you remember that, you can call it whatever you like.

bigtacofarmer

Veteran
Smoked a great deathstar once. Noticed I had been standing in my kitchen doorway for a half hours with 3/4 of a joint still in my fingers. Other than that all the deathstar I have smoked has been boring and weak. Imo that is one you want the real clone of. I do not recall any grow reports for any good deathstar seeds.

Not saying it can't be good. But most clone onlys that can be replicated or improved on are widely available in seed form.

The guy that runs it around these parts, is always loaded with seeds 10-30 a quarter. He owns a shop and the stuff moves at top dollar even though it’s got seed. Smell is straight up gas can, darker leaves.

Latest posts

Latest posts