What's new

8x8 feet tent setup help.

Qorbani

Hi guys!

This is my first post😊 I hope to get some help from you guys. It is my third grow, but first time with bigger tent and scrog.

My setup is:

Tent: 8x8 ft (2,4m x 2,4m x 2m)
Lights: 4x600W HPS (MH for veg)
Grow medium: coco coir
Pots: smart pots 5gallons
Nutes: canna coco a+b, rhizotonic, cannazyme, pk 13/14, cannaboost and calmag(if needed)
Feeding: automated top feed once scrog is set up.
Intake, exhaust, circulation fans and carbon filter.
Techniques: topping, LST and SCROG
Strain: blue dream feminized seeds.

I’m going to scrog, and I going to top them twice. Because of the law I want to keep number of plants down.

My question is how many plant should I have in my tent?
Should I go with 5 plants or 9?

I want to cover the whole tent with canopy.

Thanks in advance for any help.

You should be able to comfortably fit 2 plants per light. Go as many as you can legally, and keep in mind to do less if you plan on cloning or anything like that.

I would not go more than 1 plant per sq.ft. Local dispensary does 3 rows of 3 plants (9 total) under one 1000W hps.

You can also do one plant per light, but it will need a longer veg time to completely fill up the trellis.

Higher plant count= shorter veg time

Higher plant count= shorter veg time

Sounds like the deciding factor is your plant count. But higher count will full canopy faster than a lower plant count.

Genes

There are a million ways to skin this cat. If you want a perpetual type system go with one plant per light. Topped about 4 times of so. If you had a 10 plants license, that would be 4 bloom and 4 veg all the time. One mom plant and room to start new fem seeds on occasion or an auto flower. The plant count should be your starting point. Imho.