What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Malawi x Panama

Tangwena

Veteran
Likkle sample.

Twinkle Twinkle Resin deh deh everywhere!!!

Strong lemony waft that is sweet and same time intoxicating. It reminds mi of the Zamaladelica I love and cherish.

Classic strong sativa herb CREEPER!!!
Recommend start small like with Zamaldelica. You can add but you cannot take away... Fun tho sometimes!!! Wheeeeeeee!

Gives the giggles on the way up and eyes feel it immediately.
Eyes become very transfixed and focus is kinda" tinted".

Spacy stuff! Loose yourself doing things. Spacing out and zoning in and out of thoughts.

Pulls your eyelids down and reds ya eyes like old school herbs always did.

Surprisingly workable with and holds me in my body as well. Lasts a good few hours and ends in mellowing body & deep restful state.

Super with listening to music. Get nice meditations.
Very strong smelling! Very strong tasting almost like hash but lemony and squeezes your chest for a good cough when smoking a chalice load!!!!

Again another winner from Ace Seeds!!!!:):thank you:
Lovely plant and excellent buds as always man. Make sure you put some away to age long time. The high clears and has many special aspects hidden when young. Nice grow man your a legend.

Rory Borealis

Veteran
I am currently waiting for a batch to finish up. The lemon whiff that I get at 5 feet distance is very nice. I am also getting a carrot smell when rubbing the stem of plants that do not have the lemon fragrance.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Excellent grow and smoke report ULMW :)

I'm glad you also have enjoyed our new Malawi x Panama F1 hybrid.
Now that you have experienced pure Malawi and a few Malawi hybrids,
How would you compare this new Malawi x Panama hybrids with our other Malawi hybrids like Guawi or Zamaldelica ?

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
I am currently waiting for a batch to finish up. The lemon whiff that I get at 5 feet distance is very nice. I am also getting a carrot smell when rubbing the stem of plants that do not have the lemon fragrance.

Hi Rory Borealis,

Nice to see you! :tiphat: It would be a pleasure to see your Malawi x Panamas! Hope you are enjoying with the grow.

Rory Borealis

Veteran
Hi Rory Borealis,

Nice to see you! :tiphat: It would be a pleasure to see your Malawi x Panamas! Hope you are enjoying with the grow.

Hey, Dubi! It's a guerilla grow, I will have pictures posted very soon.
The growing process has been very smooth. Only 1 plant out of 7 has been sensitive to the fertilizer. That 1 plant has a small reaction to the lactobacillus(fermented milk and rice bran) formula that I feed all my plants. Greensand, alfalfa, oyster shell powder,bat guano and bone meal is what I have been feeding them. The plants have been happy with that organic diet.

Rory Borealis

Veteran
The past 2 weeks have been a rollercoaster of crazy weather. Daytime temperatures have been between 42F/5C to 64F/17C and night time temperatures ranging from 27F/-2C to 46F/7C. The hardiness of these plants are tremendous!

The Hatter

Veteran
So I have finally finished my run which included a single Malawi x Panama girl. She was one of the most vigorous plants I have grown and ended up roughly twice the size of her next largest sibling this run. The plant's structure was quite lanky with a typical open christmas tree type sativa shape. Internodes spacing was about middle of the road for a pure sativa.

As far as flowering went she budded heavily and outperformed everything else in the room despite some tragic mistreatment while I was out of town for half a month. The bud structure was good for a pure sativa and despite being quite airy there was a good bud to leaf ratio and the buds were absolutely caked in frost. I took her down at 13 weeks, but she probably could have gone 14 for those who like more amber.

The aroma is quite intoxicating and is dominated by sharp, sour citrus notes, predominantly lime. The smell is quite complex and there is some pine, copal and cedar in there as well as some background musky funk that is hard to describe. All in all it's very pleasing.

She hasn't had time to properly cure yet, but in my early smoke tests the effects have been strongly sativa, but a bit disorientating and muddy. Although nothing like a couch locking indica, it will similarly leave me quite burnt out and useless after I finally come down. It's not the sort of thing I would ever smoke before needing to get any sort of complex task done despite the fact that it has quite an energetic effect. This is a strong disorientating smoke that will tear you up for a good while.

I haven't had a chance to really sit down with some properly cured bud and explore the buzz properly, but its definitely got some trippy elements to it. It's one of those roller coaster types of strains where you better hold on tight because you are going for quite a ride. As far as using it as medicine goes, it seems to be decent for alleviating depression, but is too edgy to help with anxiety. It helped my back a little bit and like all cannabis it made my rotten guts feel better.

So overall I would rate this strain very highly when it comes to yield, growth, nose appeal and potency. Sadly, the buzz doesn't quite fit the bill for what I look for since it's a bit too disorientating for my personal taste and it leaves me spent afterwards, but for anyone looking for a strong head wrecking sativa this one's quite the stand out.

Last edited:

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi The Hatter,

Thank you very much for sharing your experience with Malaw x Panama :)

This F1 was bred for yield, very high resin production, vigor, bag appeal, complexity of its terpene profile, but mainly for its deep and long lasting effects and for its incredible raw potency. The effect is overpowering and goes very deep inwardly, your psyche must be in the 'right place' to be able to enjoy such an intense ride. In that sense it's more a psychonaut experience rather than a friendly or social enhancing sativa effect.

I've been curing Malawi x Panama flowers for more than a year. Its terpene profile is super complex, fine wood aromas, pine, hash, lemon and very intense and refined incense, surpassing many excellent haze hybrids in this regard, .... i had many friends asking: which haze hybrid is this ? the incense is amazing!! And they were very surprised when i replied them it was not a haze hybrid, but a Malawi x Panama hybrid.

Personally, i choose to smoke this F1 sativa in very special moments, when i know i'm in the right moment to deal alone with such a powerful and long lasting inward ride.

We have other sativa strains like Orient Express, Tikal, Congo, Ethiopian, Honduras, or even other Malawi hybrids like Purple Haze Malawi, Zamaldelica or some Golden Tiger thai phenos with much more gentle, friendly, uplifting and social qualities in the effect.... but hybrids like Malawi x Panama or Panama x Bangi Haze are really really strong .... only for the more experienced and harder sativa travellers .... if you are not used to such intense effects (mentally and physically) and your tolerance is low then experience can be scary.

G

but hybrids like Malawi x Panama or Panama x Bangi Haze are really really strong

This sounded very intriguing and I think I f"ed up a bit by starting the OD season a tad early . :biggrin:Don't know what I'll do with her,want to run about 10 plants in the room and I think with a big enough pot she can take half of the room by herself easily,given her current size.Maybe try to take some clones.She stinks quite a bit already.

4rGqQM5.jpg
4dxLG0s.jpg

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi Syd,

Glad you decided to pop again more seeds after a well deserved break ;)

Yeah! definately an early start for the outdoor season .... here the weather is still cold, cloudy and windy, hopefully the spring weather finally comes soon :yes:

Wish you have a great season and harvest like past year :)

G

Just wanted to show off my malawi x panama at day 30 of flower. I'm very impressed with the resin formation so far. What a strong strain!

Hey Neiko,that's a gorgeous lady you got there.Looks mostly like a Panama but with the killer malawi trich coverage,and only at 30 days in,awesome!I wish mine will turn out similar to yours!

Hi Syd,

Glad you decided to pop again more seeds after a well deserved break.

Yeah! definately an early start for the outdoor season .... here the weather is still cold, cloudy and windy, hopefully the spring weather finally comes soon !

Wish you have a great season and harvest like past year

Hi Dubi my friend!

I've been willing to run this strain for a long time,a lot more of your genetics will be crowding in my little room this year to keep me busy all season .

The weather here is not better, I assure you!I just wanted to have some fun and started a few girls early indoor to keep me some company ,but I was fool enough to transplant them, instead of keeping in very small containers until a little later ,a couple more weeks maybe.I'm saying all this because it seems that the girls decided to start flowering.I hope they stop fairly soon,cause I hate revegged OD plants (too much leaf/stem ,at least in my minimal experience).Luckily this lady has been successfully cloned among the others ,so I may start again .Have a couple more seeds from this but I want to try and finish this plant,seems very vigorous and stinks like hell.Looks more Panama to me but the smells I'm getting from stem rub tell me more Malawi.

96KYDGm.jpg
aBagsZV.jpg

Neiko

Thanks Syd. Your description is exactly what I posted in another forum. Panama buds with Malawi resin. This one is actually more resinous at this stage than any of the Malawi's I've grown. I am really impressed with this plant!

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi Neiko,

Really nice flower development on your Malawi x Panama in her first 5 weeks of flowering :)

Keep doing what you are doing, increase a bit the feeding and keep away the spider mites (in case they are!) and she will reward you with a great yield of overpowering and super long lasting and complex sativa effects! :abduct:

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
dubi, nice!

Any plans on adding the panama x malawi to your regular catalog?

Hi TheFertilizer,

I don't think so, we are currently very busy with other different breeding projects. Panama x Malawi will remain as limited edition so we would recommend to get stock as you need before it's sold out because we never know when a limited edition will be produced again.

The opposite hybrid (Malawi x Panama) is the one which has been permanently included in our catalogue, both in regular and feminized format :yes: