What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Turning bubble to shatter

coldcanna

Veteran
I have an old set of bubble bags laying around and a metric shit ton of trimming and larf to take care of. I don't have dough right now to pick up a nice closed system, basically only be able to buy a tube which means I'd be going through a bunch of butane. I feel like I've heard this before somewhere, but my idea was to run everything through the 220 micron "work bag" then just use the 73 and 25 micron bags to capture the bulk of everything. I wanted to then dissolve this with alchohol and dump it over an ounce or two of bud. Then just use a tube to blast the mix, using the bud material to help filter the rough bubble and come out with a quality end product. Am I on the right track here. And while I'm at it what's a good tube setup for 100 bucks or so?

I would think a 25 and 73 wouldnt catch it all...but thats because I pick up the bulk at 93/120.

I wonder if you could just load the bubble at the top of the tube and have it dissolve in the solvent and skip the alcohol step...

I would use dry ice on the 220 bag, dissolve all the kief/hash into hot ethanol. Filter all the plant material out with a buchner w/ vac assist, then purge the ethanol. Skip the open blasting altogether.

coldcanna

Veteran
Good idea with the dry ice, I had seen that before and didn't think of it. As far as the buchner I'll prob just blast it over material, this is a one off deal until I can get a closed loop system

lifehack

honestly.. id try to rosin press the bubble.. yields worth the effort.. and no solvent.
Silk is a great encasement for your bubble during pressing..
as for pressing i recommend a Remington

Latest posts

Latest posts