What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

BHO % in strains- Please put your numbers.

BagAppeal

Hello everyone

I was wondering if anyone has numbers on the % of BHO they are pulling from individual strains.
It would be interesting to see the % of BHO you are pulling based on how much material is being used(weight),
and what the given % is before or after winterizing the product.
This could be a easy way to see how certain strains perform, or breeders, as well as a guide for good strains for BHO
It would be cool if some extraction labs would contribute.
Hoping for some stats from all you BHO producers.
Join in!

All the best

BagAppeal

blastfrompast

Veteran
250g ww trim and 8 can's of butane made around 20g last time after a redneck vac purge...plus a couple g left on the pyrex dish I just couldn't bother to scrape...

Doing the same run with c99 trim will yield less...probably by a third..but it will be tastier and have a bit more kick(head high)

If I use fluff/popcorn the #'s go up, but I'd rather make cana-butter.

UNREGISTRD

So many variables here.. I run pretty much the same strain and can get varied results depending on the method and technique i use!

BagAppeal

Thank you for the reply!

Please do post what method and what the difference is between the methods and yield.
All information is highly appreciated:)
So far we have
WW(white widow?) at 250g yielding 20g +- a few grams..and
C99-unspecified weight yielding about one third, so something like 13,3 g per 250g.

Looking forward to hear more results

All the best

BagAppeal

cyphaman

I keep track of most my runs here are some ones I can recall...

I did a mystery Nug run (looked like some skywalker OG, or an OG cross of some sort)

27g in... 9g out 33% return

I ran another oz of this, and got the same, 9g

Fruity Juice (top Nug Run) 10%

OG Nug Run (older dry nugs) 19%

Sour Diesel 18%

Hindu Kush 15%

Hindu Kush Fresh 26%

Holy Grail Kush 20%

AK47 23%

J

jackgastche

I've done all of these strains open and closed and actually keep track of percentages every run so here are some of my averages:
Querkle 32%
Jilly Bean 30%
Dairyqueen 26%
Jesus OG 25%
Jacks Cleaner 2 25%

There are just too many variables in the extraction process, genetics, and growing of the plants for this information to be of any use. Interesting, sure, but not too useful. Not bashing though! Last accurately recorded run was 27.4%, SFV OG nugs.

BagAppeal

Hi, and thanks for the input.

I am seeing some numbers, but not much information.
So for future post it would be good to hear:
1:Extraction method:
2: Solvent being used
3:Strain and weight
4:Weight before winterizing of bhp
5:Weight after winterizing.
If none of these are included, I will presume the results are from open blast, and without winterizing.
Thank you for all the reply!
Hoping for more input!!

All the best

BagAppeal

JointOperation

I keep track of most my runs here are some ones I can recall...

I did a mystery Nug run (looked like some skywalker OG, or an OG cross of some sort)

27g in... 9g out 33% return

I ran another oz of this, and got the same, 9g

Fruity Juice (top Nug Run) 10%

OG Nug Run (older dry nugs) 19%

Sour Diesel 18%

Hindu Kush 15%

Hindu Kush Fresh 26%

Holy Grail Kush 20%

AK47 23%

was that buds you grew.. or you bought? or did you know the grower and get directly from him?

I just read thru all of you posts.. not calling you liars... just bad at math... 33%? The highest me or anyone i know has ever pulled was 18% off pure trimmed nugs the clubs were paying 2200 for... so im super confused on how you are pulling more than that...

lifehack

GSC 390 gramme 25 sappy amber
Headband 450 gramme 30 sappy yellow=amber
Blue Dream 780 gramme 37 Wax of peanutbutter colour (maybe be cause nitrite glove tips from trim job?)
Purple wreck 333 gramme 20 gramme Dark Sap with a red tinge
all trim not just sugar
tldr you have to %

JointOperation

I just read thru all of you posts.. not calling you liars... just bad at math... 33%? The highest me or anyone i know has ever pulled was 18% off pure trimmed nugs the clubs were paying 2200 for... so im super confused on how you are pulling more than that...

haha.. oo im sure there are some liars here.. but.. GREAT BUD MAKES GREAT OIL. u get what u put in.. so obv.. 18% is just showing you.. your buds arent as good as other bud.. Simple.. not really a huge deal..

also the smaller amount i run.. like wen running SS Turkey Basters.. my yield % is alot better then doing a few zips at a time in a glass tube..

but again.. you get what you put in..genetics and how they were grown and how ripe they are.. is what makes u yield.. plus extraction processes.

Please oh mighty bho gods... teach me and everyone else the 33%... hahahaahahahaha I pulled 18% off my qrazytrain. which was trimmed nugs... that is my highest thc strain i have. It is my biggest yielder by far... It blows my mind that you use a turkey baster.. Think about it. What is in your 33%? thats not mine... When you blast... does it shoot out a cloud... ? also.... can you read thru your shatter.. you make off that 33% i will eat my shoe.. if you are yielding 33% and its clear top notch shatter... ill go get it.. waiting for your reply....

furrywall11

Chemdawg #4 very high quality sugar trim, closed loop, didn't chill the solvent or dewax, %22, brilliant yellow crumble

Mix of lower quality trim that I bought with a small amount of fan leaves, closed loop, no chill or dewax, %9, brownish-yellowish stable fruit roll up after proper purging

see how easy//// ;0

JointOperation

just saying man.. u cant expect to get these crazy numbers unless you got the right genetics.. and you got your shit dialed in.. i use my SS TBaster to run small amounts to see what kind of yields to expect with my 100 gram tubes.. i have 2 100 gram tubes.. a turkey baster.. and a 200 gram tube.. but the 200 isnt worth it with canned butane.. if i had a bunch of tane in a big ass tank it would be easy.. but with cans the 200 isnt worth using.. wayyyy too much butane just to get it wet.. so by the time u get most ur yield . it starts to pour cloudy butane out the bottom.. i use 2 or 3 pyrexs so i can get every bit.. and get my first spray to be straight with barely any waxes at all.. after winterizing the 1st pyrex i normally see like barely anything in the filters. so now i dont winterize my first spray.. which allows me to save alot of monoterps its awesome.