What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Purple Haze x Malawi

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Congrats on the final harvest Terpene :) And thanks for your kind words, i think we all need to thank you for your great contributions and attitude in this room.

I really appreciate your feedback because you already have grown and experienced Purple Haze and Purple Haze Thai, this 3 haze hybrids share the same Purple Haze 23 mum. You can really evaluate the similarities and differences between them.

It has been a long ride but im sure the yield, quality and potency of your 2 Purple Haze Malawis will be outstanding.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Dubi- where are these seeds available?

Hi onefinity,

We have finally released Purple Haze x Malawi feminized this year, very limited stock.

Our catalogue has been updated with the new limited editions, you can find all the information in our website.

Kind regards

Ur Humbl Nr8tor

Veteran
Here's my purple haze x malawi a number of weeks behind terpene.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

The yield should far surpass the purple haze pure. Resin production is really picking up and the aromas are hazey to say the least. Spicy, complex and incense.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
No Purple Haze x Malawi regular?

Greetings Eye,

Purple Haze x Malawi is only available as a feminized limited edition by now.

We are working on a new malawi standard reproduction at the moment.The green and purple haze mums have been included in the flowering cycle to be pollinated by the malawi males for seed production, hopefully we have a bit of haze x malawi standard stock in a 'few' months. Thanks for your interest.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Here's my purple haze x malawi a number of weeks behind terpene.

The yield should far surpass the purple haze pure. Resin production is really picking up and the aromas are hazey to say the least. Spicy, complex and incense.

Beautiful UHN :) Thanks a lot for sharing your Purple Haze Malawi, looks very nice, love the very hairy flowers with almost no leaf and the big colas all over the plant! Looks like she is going to produce a very nice yield!

I'm glad to hear you are finding the desirable Purple Haze aromas that you are already familiarized with, but in a stronger way! ;)

Keep up the good work, always a pleasure to see you around! tiphat:

purple_man

Veteran
the last pix look like a definitiv killer, especially if its sporting the incense/spice funk :)

blessss

ps.: looking forward to a smoke report

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
dubi it's good to see that you are working on new strains but I hope you are also focusing on regular seeds and not just the feminized ones.

Thanks for the recommendation Eye,

We are at the moment pollinating Purple Haze 23 and Green Haze 19 with 3 different malawi males for a standard release, hopefully they will be available in the second half of this year.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Since I've been testing some of their flowers,, with a little curing (3 weeks+-) is enjoying much,the smell when you open the pot like liquor in a wooden barrel,hoping to better describe the taste later.As for effect I have to say that is clean and powerful while still quite friendly

Hola Phrenos,

Thank you very much for share your early smoking test with your spectacular Purple Haze x Malawi, and thanks also for share the pics with us, you did an amazing job with her, now time to enjoy ;)

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Writing this after trying the lowers on the indoor hazey pheno. The effect is exactly what you would expect, 60% Purple Haze / 40% Malawi. Its very clear, positive, creative, motivated and psychedelic, but more paralyzingly penetrating and heavier than the Purple Haze. There's a nearly rhythmic "wah" of energy, which is definitely the Malawi side. I often say hazes put your mind into one, but this goes on from there, continually reminding you that you're in that haze. It tastes like a more hazey (sandalwood / incense / oily wood) version of Pure Purple Haze, the blackberry liquor flavor / smell still carried over and made for a really nice taste and bouquet.

Tried the outdoor Malawi-ish pheno. It's much more "Africanish" and energetic than the indoor hazey pheno lowers are. The effect builds over about 10 minutes similar to other Malawi I have had. At first you're dazed a bit (purple haze influence) and soon you're sitting at the top of the roller coaster, quickly rushing into a strong, very psychedelic and semi hallucinogenic ride. I was sitting there, staring at a few rows of planted trees, which looked to me like a pop up book - each row of trees was somehow two dimensional with space between them before the next row. The sky was a continually moving background of clouds throughout. The cross is remarkably awake and clear however. I didn't realize I was as high as I was until I tried to explain what I was seeing to a friend who quickly began laughing at me for the "pop up book" description of the world.

ehehheeh thanks Terpene ;) Sounds real intense and delightful, i really appreciate your feedback, you and UHN have very good experience with pure Purple Haze and Purple Haze Thai so it's really interesting to read your opinions of how the vigorous and powerful malawi genes improved the more inbred haze genetics, I love this type of intense pure sativa effects although i'm getting old and my mind doesn't tolerate them so easily lately :)

PD: I'm amazed with the quality of the flowers and yield you are achieving with LEDS!!

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
A couple more shots from today. I'm seeing a fair amount of amber trichomes, so even though she is still spitting white pistils, most are quickly withering and I think she is ready to come down this week.

Wow Humbl Nr8tor :tiphat:

Your late flowering Purple Haze Malawi looks VERY interesting, it's indeed a very dominant killer malawi pheno with such dense flowers, high flower leaf ratio, huge ovaries and high trichomes, i bet the potency is going to be out of this world. Great job friend!

Terpene

I love the smell of cannabis in the morning
Veteran
Thanks Dubi - just taking pictures of your excellent selection work. :biggrin:

Here's a shot of the lowers on a clone I took of my previous plant which is now in flower, I've decided to push this one a bit with additional ferts (botanicare pro bloom / blackstrap molasses) throughout flower based on the minor nutrient deficiency the last one showed. So far, it's looking like I'm getting a better terpene profile and more frost than I remember from the last one.

picture.php

Terpene

Veteran
Same clone trucking away at roughly 14 weeks. Should push once more in the next 3-4 weeks. Starting to get very pretty, hopefully I can get my night time temps low enough to bring out the color this time.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Terpene

Veteran
17wk chop on the clone of the hazey pheno. I cut this one down a bit earlier because I needed room in flower, it probably could have run till 19 weeks. Better smell profile and overall appearance with the additional fertilization this time around, confirming my theory that the Malawi addition in this cross likes the additional juice (roughly a tablespoon of Botanicare Pro Bloom and Blackstrap Molasses per 3 gallons).

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Last edited: