What's new

the real deal skywalker og

ok so heres my little background/rundown of skywalker og.

when clones started to really become available in the collectives of socal.. especially when the og cuts got released and began being sold commerically i always saw skywalker og, it seemed like the most common og available in clone and flowers were everywhere too.. for this reason i never really cared for it, i was always hunting for the rarer harder to find cuts and thought the skywalker og was played out. and the cuts i did run were decent og's nothing crazy but i did realize there are many different skywalker ogs out and the majority of them are not the good one.

theres a common misconception that skywalker og is skywalker (blueberry x mazar) x og kush which it definitely is not. i can see how people can think that but the real deal skywalker og is pure og kush. thats for sure. it just got the name skywalker. the story i heard was that the guy that released it was named luke so he called his cut skywalker.

so i think people started crossing skywalker to og kush trying to remake it cuz thats what they thought it was. so now i think there are cuts that actually are skywalker x og kush but that is not the real deal. not the original skywalker og. another thing is people will commonly sell the regular skywalker (blueberry x mazar) as skywalker og because maybe they think thats what it is i dunno.. i actually bought a tray one time thinking i was getting skywalker og like the guy told me and when they got into flower i realized they were not og at all and were blueberry x mazar. it was wack, although not a terrible strain, its a super high yielding nice fruity kush plant but not og like i wanted. and the markeet wanted as well.

other skywalker og cuts i believe are s1s maybe? cuz there definitely is different ones.. theyre youre typical og's.. i think they might yield a little better then most even.

but there is still the real deal original skywalker og that is the fire dank. this is the skywalker og you see on the top shelf at the collectives.. the super frosty chunky buds, that come to sharp points like a crown? almost foxtaily but not.. yall know what im talking about? they look like big frosty popcorns. i love em. well thats the real deal skywalker og. thats what it looks like.

so once i came to this conclusion, and all my favorite og's have that look with the sharp points. the yodas are like this as well and some good king louies. i decided i wanted this real deal skywalker og clone to mother out and run cuz regaurdless if its played out or not its always some of my favorite bud.

but i did not want to have to go through 6 different clones from 6 different people and have to go through fake ones and wannabees to find the real deal.. but luckily i came across the guy that originally had the cut and bought it for a large chunk of change back in the early 00's and released it to the community.. so i know its the real deal. he even described it as so. like the way i discribed it here.

so i got a few to mother out and cant wait to do a big harvest of those buds that i love so much.

so i just wanted to explain my little history with that cut.. how i used to not care for it to really wanting it and getting the one i wanted.. anyone else have any experience with the real deal cut? or even any other cuts labeled skywalker og?

Where do they all come from? are people renaming other cuts or are people just S1'ing S1's, popping seeds, finding phenos and passing them out? So now some OG's out there are probably like S4's.

all of the above haha it is very ridiculous, theres a hundred versions and dozens of versions of each version. im sure most of them are renames.. like the skywalker might even be tahoe or some shit yaknow.. pretty sure the yoda is the original skywalker. just a new name. its the socal med scene.. they start making up new names for them all. fucked shit up.

TGT

Tom 'Green' Thumb
Veteran
I agree Iron Lion, it kind of ruins the description of 'elite' or 'original' if they all are considered to be original or elite. I know it's only words, but It's so anyone can say a cut is floating around, killer, then name it what they want, then its special. I think the word 'elite' should be used only for the first of its kind that made a name for itself - just my 2 cents.

TGT

Scottish Research

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Ridiculousness, with all these OG's.

Back a few years ago there was like 4 or 5 "original" OG's. You only heard about Tahoe, SFV, Fire, larry or just OG Kush, now there is 50 different ones all claiming to be pure.

Where do they all come from? are people renaming other cuts or are people just S1'ing S1's, popping seeds, finding phenos and passing them out? So now some OG's out there are probably like S4's.

Probably. Whatever will appeal to kids.

I've seen more Jack Herer, and Durban for sale in the "pharmacies" then these OG cuts, and at better prices for the most part. What do we talk about around here?

Also, when I asked Rare Dankness about there Skywalker, I could not get a real answer. Huh?

I think that I'm going back to basics.

RF

Greyskull

Twice as clear as heaven and twice as loud as reas
ICMag Donor
Veteran
what is it buddy said in the incredibles...
"when everyone is super.... no one will be"

Slausongardens, can you post a pic of some real Skywalker when they're done flowering? I've got a cut but I'm not sure it's the real deal. Is killer bud, and hard to tell apart from headband. I'd love to see the real thing. Thanks.

i'd definitely say it was more of a sativa dominant pheno.. it gets kind of foxtaily even, unlike all the other ogs. personally i would say it was the best looking og kush hands down.

you will know if what you got is the real deal original if its got those pointy ass crown tips full of frost.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks. Being i am from the east coast it's hard to come by clones so I have to go with the seeds that are put out. So far I had good experiences with Cali connection and rare dankness og(rds ogs are still going so far so good) so I'll give them guys a shot with the og crosses they put out.

yeah rare dankness might be the best folks to get og from in seed form.. cali connect might be the worst.

rare dankness uses that rare dankness male that actually passes on the og traits unlike swerves afghani dominant sfv male with auto flower issues.

u can get og kush from rare dankness seeds thats dead on to the clone onlys.

yeah rare dankness might be the best folks to get og from in seed form.. cali connect might be the worst.

rare dankness uses that rare dankness male that actually passes on the og traits unlike swerves afghani dominant sfv male with auto flower issues.

u can get og kush from rare dankness seeds thats dead on to the clone onlys.

Tbh I grew plenty of cc gear and not 1 auto did get 1 hermie tho but out of the several packs I popped I'm more than happy with the results especially with the Buddha Tahoe. Another thing I did not run into anu afghan Dom phenos everything been lemon pinesol or gas funk!

I plan on running more rd gear for sure as these ogs I have from them are doing mighty fine.

But both companies have thier place.

gardengrover

I'm in Southern California and I'been searching for the real Skywalker for over a year. It's always the same though, I've called many people and always determine that they have the Dutch Passion variety. I would really like to find this cut, and would be happy to compensate someone for helping me.

chillimushroom

Also, when I asked Rare Dankness about there Skywalker, I could not get a real answer. Huh?

RF

This is what I would like to know. Jawa, Karma Bitch, 501st OG & StarKiller all contain Skywalker OG. s##dfi##er states its the Dutch Passion version, has anyone got any info on this?

Latest posts

Latest posts