What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

South African BHO tube

MildeStoner

Veteran
So thought I'd share a few pictures of what I consider to be an excellent product, proudly South African too! All stainless steel with the exception of rubber o-rings. If you look closely at the reflections you might spot me hiding behind my phone ;)

The butane and hash solution comes out of those six holes and drips off the centre. Flow can be adjusted be tightening or loosening this. The outside:
w9AXC.jpg

Inside:
s44d1.jpg

Next, durable stainless steel mesh, not 100% sure on micron size but it looks to be about 50. I like to re-filter at least once using unbleached coffee filters.
1tIj6.jpg

MildeStoner

Veteran
One way valve on the top:
ySgKL.jpg

With adaptor for butane can to avoid unnecessary spillage:
fVZPt.jpg

And fortunately it all comes apart for easy cleaning:
35IXT.jpg

Damn the 5 pictures rule kills me

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Nice photos bro, thanks for sharing! Looks like someone put some thought into the design and it looks well made as well.

You can always do a second post with additional photos.

MildeStoner

Veteran
Yeah, the man who makes these is a very talented individual ;) There have been a few models, this is the latest and the best, a lot of the kinks ironed out. Thanks for stopping by, and more importantly thank you for all the valuable information conveyed in your posts, have learnt a lot in this sub-forum over the years!

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
good lookin gadget for sure, be sure to keep us posted when use it first, looks like it will work like a charm

MildeStoner

Veteran
Its been used a lot, and yes it works like a charm. Just recently got a reasonable photograph taking device so its all largely been undocumented. Snapped those pics after a clean, I like to keep my equipment surgical.
Heres some I made a few months back with the previous model, dark colour is because about half the material had been lightly toasted in my launch box hehehe. Largely hydro cheese, trim, shake and vaped :D
wodD4.jpg

QEgmz.jpg

kqRB0.jpg

oM4uY.jpg

purple_man

Veteran
looks goot mildestoner!!! to be honest with you, i hope your bro has a blueprint of the design, mailed to himself or somehow "legally" approved that its his creation, ... would be a shame if roor or other big companies who manufacture smoking devices stole the idea and made big $ with it... and i hope as well, he has the capacity for producing them in high numbers and having the skills and funds for marketing. would be a shame if not :)

blessss
ps.: im against patents and TMs and Cs and Rs and whatever all the patentlike shite is called, BUT hey, we are living in a "patent" driven society -> watch your neck!

maryjaneismyfre

Veteran
Open source baby! I've also seen the evolution of his designs from the first x-phase type extractor who's design was so kindly shared with us on the web a few years ago.

This is a pressurised unit, I like to run mine under pressure, shake it up like a martini, run-out the saturated liquid gas and then flush out after with quarter can or so of clean gas. I can load about 50 - 80g of trim at a time and it is very efficient.

This designer is a very talented individual who can machine and make anything, but doing marketing....oh no, not gonna happen. haha. I haven't seen the latest model yet, but have one from the fifth generation myself (2 Generations before this) Mine is block-machined out of High grade aluminium and with stainless valves and nozzles etc..my generation is not all stainless, just machined and lathed to such a high polish that it looks like stainless.

The holes around the center nozzle aren't for oil but to drain water away from inside the 'tap valve' if you submerge the unit in water to check for leaks and check the seals before freezing loaded unit (without GAS inside, you don't want to blow up your freezer, kitchen and self. Ie.. Mr Stoner, load up yer unit with trim, hook up to a bicycle pump or similar and give a bit of internal pressure and submerge in water like fixing a tyretube to check that your seals are good. Then freeze tube already loaded with trim, use your gas cold out of the freezer too and use an oven mit to handle the unit to extract.

They could do knock-offs in china, but you'd want an original, the oil machine is such a work of art made by an artisan. I should just crank it up for sunday fun, thanks for reminding me to get it out ...My oil is empty at the mo' but the top-loader over floweth so all good, my chillum is very happy at the mo'.

Greets bro, shot for clear pics, looking for differences to my gen..

MildeStoner

Veteran
This is a pressurised unit, I like to run mine under pressure, shake it up like a martini, run-out the saturated liquid gas and then flush out after with quarter can or so of clean gas. I can load about 50 - 80g of trim at a time and it is very efficient.
Yeah have tried both but prefer to do a quick wash, extractor open with bho to make shatter and second wash with iso to use for edibles ;)

Had a leak recently on previous model but this one is airtight as they come hehehe.

I look eagerly forward to the fruits of the spinner!

maryjaneismyfre

Veteran
Haha, yeah been fuzzy logic all the way for me for last while :) Extractor is sitting hungry for some time now.. Will crank it up soon as soon as I get a gap, things busy as can be..

Regarding the leak, he changed the thread configuration after mine to make a lock seal and easy release taper..He remachined mine for me last year or so, goes like a boeing now! Its been a work in progress for 3 years or more now I think, it has been nice to see their progression.. Also on the pressurized running, it is all a matter of preference, I was just illustrating it for those wondering or checking it out. It depends on how much material I have to run I guess, if I have to do many runs I'd also just flush many runs into the same collection bowl, just having the material cold and gas cold and just loading, running, unloading, loading, run, unload and cleaning with iso or acetone every few runs to prevent the tap getting oil jammed. Yeah, I love mine, not as shiny and new as yers haha but it works oh yeah!

maryjaneismyfre

Veteran
Haha, yeah been fuzzy logic all the way for me for last while :) Extractor is sitting hungry for some time now.. Will crank it up soon as soon as I get a gap, things busy as can be..

Regarding the leak, he changed the thread configuration after mine to make a lock seal and easy release taper..He remachined mine for me last year or so, goes like a boeing now! Its been a work in progress for 3 years or more now I think, it has been nice to see their progression.. Also on the pressurized running, it is all a matter of preference, I was just illustrating it for those wondering or checking it out. It depends on how much material I have to run I guess, if I have to do many runs I'd also just flush many runs into the same collection bowl, just having the material cold and gas cold and just loading, running, unloading, loading, run, unload and cleaning with iso or acetone every few runs to prevent the tap getting oil jammed. Yeah, I love mine, not as shiny and new as yers haha but it works oh yeah!

MildeStoner

Veteran
Also on the pressurized running, it is all a matter of preference, I was just illustrating it for those wondering or checking it out.
Indeed it is ;)
Yeah, I love mine, not as shiny and new as yers haha but it works oh yeah!
I'll vouch for that hehehe. Got you to thank for introducing me to the machine and the craftsman who builds it :D