What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Mayan Documentary Will Show Evidence of Alien Contact, Says Mexico

Tokabowl

http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/09/26/idUS333894436320110926

By Steve Pond at TheWrap

Mon Sep 26, 2011 5:52am EDT

EXCLUSIVE

A new documentary about Mayan civilization will provide evidence of extraterrestrial contact with the ancient culture, according to a Mexican government official and the film's producer.

"Revelations of the Mayans 2012 and Beyond," currently in production, will claim the Mayans had contact with extraterrestrials, producer Raul Julia-Levy revealed to TheWrap.

"Mexico will release codices, artifacts and significant documents with evidence of Mayan and extraterrestrial contact, and all of their information will be corroborated by archaeologists," said Julia-Levy, son of actor Raul Julia.

In a release to TheWrap, Luis Augusto Garcia Rosado, the minister of tourism for the Mexican state of Campeche, said new evidence has emerged "of contact between the Mayans and extraterrestrials, supported by translations of certain codices, which the government has kept secure in underground vaults for some time."

He also spoke, in a phone conversation, of "landing pads in the jungle that are 3,000 years old."

Raul-Julia claims there is proof that the Mayans had intended to lead the planet for thousands of years, but were forced to escape after an invasion by "men of dark intentions," leaving behind evidence of an advanced race.

"The Mexican government is not making this statement on their own -- everything we say, we're going to back it up," he said.

The film will be directed by Juan Carlos Rulfo, who won the Humanitas Prize for "Those Who Remain" in 2009 and the Sundance Grand Jury Prize for International Documentary for "In the Pit" in 2006. Juan Diego Rodriguez Gonzalez will serve as the Guatemalan executive producer, and Eduardo Vertiz as the Mexican executive producer.

And yes, they expect people to take this seriously, because the messages he plans to impart are crucial to human survival, Julia-Levy insisted.

When Julia-Levy, producer Ed Elbert and co-producer Sheila McCarthy announced the Mexican cooperation with their documentary to TheWrap in August, they were circumspect about claims of alien contact, with Julia-Levy admitting he'd been ordered not to say anything about it.

Also read: Mayan Secrets to Be Revealed by Mexican Government in 2012 Doc

Also for that article, Rosado brushed off a question about alient contact and said his country wa simply offering the filmmakers' access to previously unexplored sections of a Mayan site at Calakmul (left).

Now, not only has Rosado changed his tune, but the Guatemalan government has joined the project, as well, giving access to artifacts and newly discovered prophecies

While the Guatemalan government is not offering information about aliens, it has joined Mexico in supporting the project. "Guatemala, like Mexico, home to the ancient yet advanced Mayan civilization … has also kept certain provocative archeological discoveries classified, and now believes that it is time to bring forth this information in the new documentary," Guatemala's minister of tourism, Guillermo Novielli Quezada, said in a statement.

He said the country was working with filmmakers "for the good of mankind."

Raul-Julia claims that the order to cooperate came directly from the country's president, Alvaro Colom Caballero.

Guatemala is the site of a large number of pre-Columbian Mayan settlements in the Mirador Basin, including the extensive and highly organized city of El Mirador (detail, left; exterior on previous page).

In a curious aspect of the new announcement: Guatemalan minister Quezada is quoted as referring to “'Mirador,' the largest pyramid in the world."

But Mirador is not the name of a pyramid. It's the name of the entire settlement, which includes several pyramids, the largest of which is La Danta -- a fact one would expect the Guatemalan minister to know.

"Revelations of the Mayans 2012 and Beyond" begins shooting on Nov. 15 and is due for a theatrical release in late 2012, before the end of the Mayan calendar.

While doomsday scenarios focus on the calendar ending on Dec. 21, 2012, many scholars point out that it simply resets for another 5,126-year cycle on that date.

(El Mirador photos by E. Hernandez/courtesy of fares de Guatemala)

:abduct:

LokiLoki

Whoa, sounds interesting. Hope its good!

As always when there something like this in the news i'm very sceptical, but i have not problems accepting alien life so why not you know.
Still, evidence? Not sure about that..

420empire

Veteran
Maybe there is something out there, or maybe is the alien simply a deity witch is contact-ed under influence of ayahuasca? Maybe they tried to tell something rather different than we believe they tell us..?? Something is def. for sure, I am going to watch this one. :)

krunchbubble

Dear Haters, I Have So Much More For You To Be Mad
Veteran
cant wait! been waiting for this documentary for a while now!!!!

Secrecy

Re: Mayan Documentary Will Show Evidence of Alien Contact, Says Mexico

Meh I bet there are aliens out in space intelligent or not the odds are huge to find life in the cosmos.

I

Iron_Lion

I hope it will be new info, I love docs about ancient cultures.

Ancient Aliens is a tv show that shows plausible connections between ancient people and aliens, I hope this doc has some new evidence. Hopefully netflix stops sucking and adds this to instant play when it comes out.

I've seen the landing pads they are talking about on A.A and they are quite the site to see, stacked up megaliths that weight up to 22 tons, perfectly cut and arranged like a jenga game. We couldnt even do that shit today, never mind ancient people with primitive tools.

L

longearedfriend

for the good of mankind

(by helping mexico and guatemala's economies)

btw I have seen aliens outside on the streets before, they are amongst us

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran

aa_xtnd.gif

TwoOhSix!

It's very obvious to me that the Egyptians, Mayans and many other ancient cultures were visited by extraterrestrials. Tons of evidence to support it.

High Country

Give me a Kenworth truck, an 18 speed box and I'll
Veteran
It's very obvious to me that the Egyptians, Mayans and many other ancient cultures were visited by extraterrestrials. Tons of evidence to support it.

If the evidence was there, where is it?

I have no issues about alien life forms.

But where are they...not here...although some would dispute that.

Evidence...not area 13.

Pulp

Not saying it's evidence, but the most convincing thing I have seen so far is:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=As-wYmFYb3I

Then the same UFO kind of objects (disc looking thing with D shade cut out on the edge) were found painted in caves in different parts of the world. Can't find an actual picture of the cave paintings.

Tokabowl

Please share the tons of evidence with us :)

The Disclosure Project National Press Club conferences are also mindblowing and a must watch. It's by far the most probing "evidence" that can be, put forward by respectable people.

On Wednesday, May 9th, 2001, over twenty military, intelligence, government, corporate and scientific witnesses came forward at the National Press Club in Washington, DC to establish the reality of UFOs or extraterrestrial vehicles, extraterrestrial life forms, and resulting advanced energy and propulsion technologies. The weight of this first-hand testimony, along with supporting government documentation and other evidence, will establish without any doubt the reality of these phenomena.

Watch the May 9, 2001 Press Conference at: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lkswXVmG4xM

Watch the 2 Hour Witness Interview DVD at: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dUOTF7NQlwQ

Watch the 4 Hour Witness Interview DVD Part 1 at: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ud49Gh9yYLs

Watch the 4 Hour Witness Interview DVD Part 2 at: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kpHAxxRKksQ

http://www.disclosureproject.org/

Scottish Research

ICMag Donor
Veteran
"The Men of Dark Intentions" were the Spanish.

Great, maybe the Aliens were he original Narcotraficantes?

Let's focus on this bullshit instead of something tangible.

Why not make a documentary about the rampant political, and criminal drug violence that continues to ruin the lives of their citizens?

Whatever...

R.Fortune

HempHut

The Disclosure Project National Press Club conferences are also mindblowing and a must watch. It's by far the most probing "evidence" that can be, put forward by respectable people.

On Wednesday, May 9th, 2001, over twenty military, intelligence, government, corporate and scientific witnesses came forward at the National Press Club in Washington, DC to establish the reality of UFOs or extraterrestrial vehicles, extraterrestrial life forms, and resulting advanced energy and propulsion technologies. The weight of this first-hand testimony, along with supporting government documentation and other evidence, will establish without any doubt the reality of these phenomena.

Watch the May 9, 2001 Press Conference at: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lkswXVmG4xM

http://www.disclosureproject.org/

Oh well, if over twenty people say it's so, then that must be evidence. Or as you say, "evidence."

They did get that actor from Hill Street Blues, Major Dad and Dynasty to speak, so they have that going for them.

SilverSurfer_OG

Living Organic Soil...
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Sounds good to me. The Mayan long count and other calanders are very intriguing. :rasta:

There intimate knowledge of the stars and sun/moon/planetery cycles is a big clue :smoke:

LokiLoki

Not saying it's evidence, but the most convincing thing I have seen so far is:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=As-wYmFYb3I

Then the same UFO kind of objects (disc looking thing with D shade cut out on the edge) were found painted in caves in different parts of the world. Can't find an actual picture of the cave paintings.

I thought that got debunked? over exposed lenses making it look like objects have a ring round them, sure there can be ufo's in that vid, but theres also a lot of other more likely explanations

sso

Veteran
probably the greatest evidence of their intelligence, is that they dont "contact" us.

we are probably just on some wildlife show somewhere.

"look at the humans mom, arent they cute and stupid? :)"

Latest posts

Latest posts