Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Marijuana Strains and Breeding > IC Strain Guide > "Categorizing Cannabis Strains According to Benefits"

Thread Title Search
"Categorizing Cannabis Strains According to Benefits" Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-14-2011, 11:31 AM #21
osho

osho is on a distinguished road
what bros grimm fairy tales?
osho is offline Quote

Old 09-28-2011, 11:21 PM #22
BOMBAYCAT

BOMBAYCAT is a glorious beacon of lightBOMBAYCAT is a glorious beacon of lightBOMBAYCAT is a glorious beacon of lightBOMBAYCAT is a glorious beacon of lightBOMBAYCAT is a glorious beacon of lightBOMBAYCAT is a glorious beacon of lightBOMBAYCAT is a glorious beacon of lightBOMBAYCAT is a glorious beacon of lightBOMBAYCAT is a glorious beacon of lightBOMBAYCAT is a glorious beacon of lightBOMBAYCAT is a glorious beacon of light
Hi all: I was wondering what the chemical differences are between Sativa and Indica as they both have THC? Sativa meds seem to work better for me as no couchlock or no hangover. What are your suggestions for next year outside in Denver (average 1st frost is first week in October). I figure a high percentage Sativa strain would work. Thanks
BOMBAYCAT is offline Quote

Old 11-27-2011, 05:29 AM #23
Double Kindness

Double Kindness is a jewel in the roughDouble Kindness is a jewel in the roughDouble Kindness is a jewel in the roughDouble Kindness is a jewel in the roughDouble Kindness is a jewel in the roughDouble Kindness is a jewel in the roughDouble Kindness is a jewel in the roughDouble Kindness is a jewel in the rough
Sativas outdoors in Denver don't stand a chance dude, not unless you put them outdoors already 4 weeks into flowering. You might like an early harvested indica, as you're a sativa lover. Early harvested indicas sometimes seem to have a sativa like high, more giggly.

Last year we grew a variety of strains, including kali most x cocoa kush x dp flo which was a 16 week sativa (tall ass indoor monster, thankfully I have very high vaulted ceilings in my flowering building and can jack up my lights as far as I need them), and most of last year was sativa heavy with few indicas, but I am always growing something new and breeding something new.

This year I'm planning a indica heavy garden, and I'm proving out more breeding projects. I have grown a few autoflowers, and the yield I got just wasn't worth it to me. I grew himilayan blue deisel and solid bottom, and I think a deisel x ak-47 autoflower cross.

I'm looking for grapefruit or iced grapefruit, mikado, and breeder steve's sol shishkaberry.
Double Kindness is offline Quote

Old 04-28-2012, 06:20 AM #24
Double Kindness

Double Kindness is a jewel in the roughDouble Kindness is a jewel in the roughDouble Kindness is a jewel in the roughDouble Kindness is a jewel in the roughDouble Kindness is a jewel in the roughDouble Kindness is a jewel in the roughDouble Kindness is a jewel in the roughDouble Kindness is a jewel in the rough
THC is not a MUST. I developed a high cbd cbn low thc strain to make extracts and cannacaps for my 16 year old daughter (she is a mmj patient, don't even think of giving me shit because I want to ease my child's suffering and big pharma is not helping) after a week on the cannacaps of the new strain I developed for her (thank you flying goat for the landrace ruderalis seeds I used to create the new strain I made JUST for my KID). She isn't going to the doctor or hospital as much anymore, taking 1/3 of the meds she was taking. She is young, she didn't want to be high or stoned at school and didn't want to smoke. It was her idea, "mom, create a strain for me to help me with my medical issues". Don't tell me if you guys were in the same situation you wouldn't do everything in your power to make your child healthier. I was just lucky, I had the seeds, knowledge and ability to create something to help her but not make her a zombie.

High times said lemon skunk was genetically engineered? In a way that is true. You chose a prime female and male and cross them to make a new strain that you hope will be better than the separate strains you began with, so that can be construed as genetic engineering, but as we usually call it, breeding new strains. Don't get caught up in technical language.
Double Kindness is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-28-2012, 06:12 PM #25
Skip
Let's Get Small!

Skip has a reputation beyond reputeSkip has a reputation beyond reputeSkip has a reputation beyond reputeSkip has a reputation beyond reputeSkip has a reputation beyond reputeSkip has a reputation beyond reputeSkip has a reputation beyond reputeSkip has a reputation beyond reputeSkip has a reputation beyond reputeSkip has a reputation beyond reputeSkip has a reputation beyond repute
Interesting to read this thread again after a few years. A lot has happened since then regarding the cannabinoid profiles of the various strains of marijuana. They can now test for a number of different cannabinoids not just CBD or THC. And it seems the balance of cannabinoids is what determines how effective each strain is at relieving particular symptoms.

So now, rather than state what medical issues a particular strain can help with, you are given the cannabinoid profile so you can see the amounts of each cannabinoids in a strain.

They are finding that strains high in CBDs are great for inflammatory conditions, skin conditions (including melanoma), pain relief, all without getting high from the cannabinoid.

As the effects of each cannabinoid get studied, they're finding more ailments that can be treated with them. In fact, the science of cannabinoids is still in its infancy, with cannabis showing promise to not just help, but cure some diseases and prevent others.

Beyond that cannabis is teaching scientists how the human body regulates itself, opening up doors to cures that no other plant has opened before...

"Prohibition is the gateway to fascism." - Treewizard
Skip is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 12-23-2012, 07:24 AM #26
GroBot810

GroBot810 is on a distinguished road
I have a "Bubba" kush I got out in cali or so I know it as.recently talking to the guy that helped me acquire said cut he asked how my "Master Kush" was doing..I acted suprised and said I thought I had bubba and also was under the impression that bubba was a hybrid of MK.He corrected me and said not to his knowledge.im now lost lol.I wondered why no bubblegum flavor.it tastes and smells like coffee.good coffee.heres a pic any help would be appreciated.it veg's slow and doesnt stretch.little to no shrinkage when dried.
GroBot810 is offline Quote

Old 01-21-2013, 08:02 AM #27
MedicalGrower

MedicalGrower has a spectacular aura aboutMedicalGrower has a spectacular aura aboutMedicalGrower has a spectacular aura about
Thumbs up

GroBot
nice looking buds..
My coffee flavored girl, hope your enjoying yours...
mghttps://www.icmag.com/ic/images/icons/icon14.gif
MedicalGrower is offline Quote

Old 01-21-2013, 08:10 AM #28
Mikron

Mikron will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by GroBot810 View Post
View Image View Image I have a "Bubba" kush I got out in cali or so I know it as.recently talking to the guy that helped me acquire said cut he asked how my "Master Kush" was doing..I acted suprised and said I thought I had bubba and also was under the impression that bubba was a hybrid of MK.He corrected me and said not to his knowledge.im now lost lol.I wondered why no bubblegum flavor.it tastes and smells like coffee.good coffee.heres a pic any help would be appreciated.it veg's slow and doesnt stretch.little to no shrinkage when dried.
Wow that definitely looks and sounds like bubba. I agree with categorizing strains based on effect/benefits such as pain relief, and cerebral stimulation.
Mikron is offline Quote

Old 01-21-2013, 08:50 PM #29
MedicalGrower

MedicalGrower has a spectacular aura aboutMedicalGrower has a spectacular aura aboutMedicalGrower has a spectacular aura about
Looking for CBD rich strains

Double Kindness
Dig what your saying about your daughter, developing a high CBD strain for my pain is the main reason for me coming to ICMAG. https://www.icmag.com/ic/images/smilies/comfort.gif

Sounds like you have figured out some crosses that are helping your child, any chance you can point me towards the right varieties to begin my own CBD breeding program?
Peacehttps://www.icmag.com/ic/images/smilies/thank%20you.gif
mg
MedicalGrower is offline Quote

Old 01-28-2013, 06:31 AM #30
Granger2

Granger2 is a splendid one to beholdGranger2 is a splendid one to beholdGranger2 is a splendid one to beholdGranger2 is a splendid one to beholdGranger2 is a splendid one to beholdGranger2 is a splendid one to beholdGranger2 is a splendid one to beholdGranger2 is a splendid one to beholdGranger2 is a splendid one to beholdGranger2 is a splendid one to beholdGranger2 is a splendid one to behold
medical,
You might want to start with Resin Seeds Dieseltonic. It [fems] is currently and probably only for a short time available as of last week. I haven't found any in many months. Available from a very well known UK seed vendor. They claim that 50% of the females carry the 1:1 THC:CBD trait. If you're interested, PM me, since I don't think IC Mag would appreciate my putting a link to their competition. Good luck. -granger2
Granger2 is offline Quote