What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

1 sqft. Challenge

RULES

Lighting:
CFL:200 watt max
HID:150 watt max
Spectrum any including UVB lamps

Cab:
Under 1.5 sqft
Hight Max is 3 1/2ft
Must have all sides top and bottom and may not be transparent

Method of Growing:
Any as long as its one time veg and one time harvest
Clone or Seed either is fine

Starts Feb. 15th

Last edited:

OahuGrown

but wehn doing this contest ther would have to be a lot of different catgories. the sog and scrog and if you would to veg and for how long. other then that sounds good

FirstTracks

natural medicator
Veteran
Why would there need to be categories?

Veg however many plants of whatever kind as long as you want to and whoever gets the most yield out of the space in a single harvest (not perpetual) wins.

it'd be just like the 1 quart grow challenge.

It would be easier to do a 'friendly' type of competition as opposed to one with an ultimate winner because.......fake numbers are easy to type. With a contest with a prize, I forsee lots of people challenging 'how heavy is that bud for real?' and junk like that. JMHO

TBug

Plz forget you know me...Sugaree
Veteran
OahuGrown said:
but wehn doing this contest ther would have to be a lot of different catgories. the sog and scrog and if you would to veg and for how long. other then that sounds good

High all! nah...he who yeilds the most wins! no matter the grow strategy...lol. Can I just just enter a 2 ft section of my garden..lol? I pull 24 o's from a 1.5 meters sq garden on a regular basis. Sure I could scale it down...lol..but that would defeat the purpose..lol.
Anyway..peace, bugout

Thundurkel

Just Call me Urkle!!
Veteran
I'm up for it I have a extra flower chamber that used to be my mom cab and I can fit 25 20oz bottles I usually get 7g per cut 7x25=175g so I'm in I could go that way with my hybrids or just veg out 12 Purple Kush's in 4" square pots and hope I pull 14g each and 168g but those are perfect conditions but luck may be on my side...

TBug

Plz forget you know me...Sugaree
Veteran
Thundurkel said:
I'm up for it I have a extra flower chamber that used to be my mom cab and I can fit 25 20oz bottles I usually get 7g per cut 7x25=175g so I'm in I could go that way with my hybrids or just veg out 12 Purple Kush's in 4" square pots and hope I pull 14g each and 168g but those are perfect conditions but luck may be on my side...
High durk! holy run-on sentences ..Batman!!....lol! But that sounds good. I got a li veg area too, that I could convert, but idk./..lol.
If I built a neww cab to the exact demensions an put my BDL strain in there...I doubt I could be beat..lol.
Peace,bugout

blynx

WALSTIB
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Is it 1sq ft? or smaller than 2sq ft? Relatively speaking that's a big difference.

I built a 1sq ft cfl cab this fall and it's about 6 weeks into flower, so I'd be up for a 1sq ft challenge, but no way can 1sq ft compete with 2sq ft.

How about?

1. NO prizes, so DG doesn't bin this thread. Call it a 'Challenge' not a contest.

2. 2 Separate threads; CFL and HID.

3. Two size categories; <= 1sq ft, > 1sq ft
or Three size categories; <= 1sq ft, > 1sq ft <= 2sq ft, > 2sq ft

Last edited:

MyAssIsGrass

?_?
Veteran
FirstTracks said:
It would be easier to do a 'friendly' type of competition as opposed to one with an ultimate winner because.......fake numbers are easy to type. With a contest with a prize, I forsee lots of people challenging 'how heavy is that bud for real?' and junk like that. JMHO
blynx said:
1. NO prizes, so DG doesn't bin this thread. Call it a 'Challenge' not a contest.

This^ is true, with plant weight being so hard to prove over the internet I doubt admin would give you permission to run a contest like this, especially when sending seeds is involved

A friendly grow competition with no prizes should be ok, but a new thread should probably be made to host that

oh buddy! i like contests... or uh... challenges. now just to get this right that is a total flowering space, or total canopy?

not to seem like i'm a cheater but my cab has about that much floor space (what the vertically challenged would consider "canopy") but about a meter squared of canopy. so do i still qualify? do i? do i? :bashhead:

yea my cab is about 1.6 sqft and this is for cabs only its not really fair if your using a 1000w when were using 150s sorry tbug we can make it a challenge instead of contest i suppose i just thought it would be something fun to do and that seeds might encourage more people but yea any cab under 2 sqft is eligible im about to harvest at the end of January so i thought we would kick it off around the first week in February and this is only a one time harvest deal no SOG theres no hight limit i think it should be quite fun i guess we can do and HID and a CLF category depending on how many people we have for each division so who ever is down let me know and there is plenty of time for folks to build a cab 100 bucks is about what i have in mine 160w of cfl (4 x 40w) and a 25w uvb i think im going to run 4 plants in a SCROG i have got my temps down to about 70 light on (i just did some mods) but yea if you in post a pic of your cab with a little info on your set up strain ext. and well start shortly after the new year have a great christmas guys if i don't talk to yall before then

DrBudGreengenes

Veteran
organicmunk said:
this is only a one time harvest deal no SOG theres no hight limit i think it should be quite fun i guess we can do and HID and a CLF category depending on how many people we have for each division

Why No SOG?...
:confused:
1 time Harvest is a 1 time Harvest?
to make this a "Fair" Challenge....
I propose everyone use a standard sized object to begin with..
ie. a Milk crate?
or wood Box of the same size?
Within the "Confines" of said Box you could do "Whatever" you want
Lets level the Playing field

i don't think your going to be able to pull any more if your cab is 2 or 3 inches bigger or smaller are you trying to get down on this Mr.greengenes i would really like to see what you pull since your one of ICs master CFL growers and the "rules" are the cab itself must be under 2 sqft. any thing under that is acceptable keep bringing the questions guys this will help narrow the "rules" thanks

blynx

WALSTIB
ICMag Donor
Veteran
You have this thread labeled the '1 sqft Challenge' and then keep talking about anything less than 2 sq ft.

There is a 50% difference between 1 and 2 sq ft, that is NOT 2 or 3 inches

I still believe we need to have 2 categories for size;

Size category 1: 1sq ft and under

Size category 2: greater than 1sq ft but less than or equal to 2 sq ft

I would agree that it should be a one time grow, sog for a challenge just doesn't make sense.

DrBudGreengenes

Veteran
blynx said:
sog for a challenge just doesn't make sense.

R U guys confusing "Perpetual Harvest" with a a "SeaOfGreen"....
If I was to engage in this activity it would be a start to finish Mono-Crop W/all the plantlets the same age.
Why does that not make sense?
:chin:

C

cork144

DrBudGreengenes said:
If I was to engage in this activity it would be a start to finish Mono-Crop W/all the plantlets the same age.
they cant compete against a technique they cant grasp.

blynx

WALSTIB
ICMag Donor
Veteran
DrBudGreengenes said:

DUH :bashhead: yep i did sorry!

I don't think anyone mentioned a plant limit, if that's what you're asking?

THoC

Hey this sounds like fun!

So the only restriction is a square foot footprint?
No other limits?

Ill setup a seperate box this holiday and give it a whirl.

good growing and happy holidays all