What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Bangi Hazi X Mangobiche Kush ? and others?

Jammal

Getting low on seeds that are of my peek interest and usability, what I have is getting old...And I like to grow from seed mostly and thought lets see what I got left...and I need a hobby veg box to keep me entertained..

It is still kind of a hassle to order seeds in Colorado....

Soon I want to order to make some hashplant seeds..something concrete ...I have had good luck making my own seeds for 1 generation,long as I make really good selection of strain, after that I dont have the ability to do the numbers to breed proper..

Anyway I have 2 reg seeds Bangi Haze I'm gonna try to germ along with these potential crosses.,,
BH X BH
BH X Mangobiche kush
BH X Silver Cheese---this I have started as a fem seed already,,clone soon.....
BH X L.S.D.
BH X Mexican Highland ( these are 20 year old seeds I saved from brick weed 20 years ago , it was great Hazy stuff,you don't see it anymore it all got pushed out by indica...it was fast flowering desert weed,,,long and skinny with neat foxtail buds...fast flowering...low yeild of electric buds,,super sparse,,,like its tumbleweed bud..) anyway I just put all of them (150)in a wet towl hope to get something....if it get one I'll start a thread and cross it to BH or something we'll see..

these should produce some good indoor adaptable hybrids

The Mangobiche kush X BH is my main Hope....I grew the Mangobiche kush,,,,its fantastic,,,,sounds like it would make a very nice match to Bangi Haze and give some nice indoor hybrids

Any way wish me luck, I got few older seeds to work with.

Last edited:
P

psilocybevybe

good luck this round...anytime someone puts mexican and highland in the same sentence..he he he, you now have my attention,

Jammal

good luck this round...anytime someone puts mexican and highland in the same sentence..he he he, you now have my attention,

LOL,,thats my best guess to what it really is...the structure of the buds and the many stems ,,gives me a pretty good idea of what the plant must of looked like, and reacted to its environment...

good ol mexican highland,haha,,I wouldn't of kept the seeds if it wasn't from a particularly good batch of Import ..I grew up in a port city...

wasn't like the other full sativa bricks from back then either....this was very much some weird from the desert weed...even then we didn't see that much of that type then,,,,mostly Honduras and central american brick I believe is what we got.,,,I grew some once that looked just like ACE's Honduras back in the day.

W

Water-

Bangi Haze makes great crosses.
I did about 5 last year as well.

nice choices to mix with

best of luck

Jammal

This ought to be fun, rigging up a ghetto fashion closet shelf seed/clone/vedge area,,, wouldn't really call it vedge,,,,

It's a place to keep things living for now until , I got the funds for something better,,,but this will work for a good while I think,,, I'll probably add a couple more strip LEDs....

Right now it's like 45w actually LED... cheap Walmart and home Depot lights...

Not ideal, .. I'll make be it fit my needs.

Cut tops for the planters,, going to be running Coco.,...the idea is to cut down some on evaporation... I'm at 9000ft don't want to water these things every damn day..

Room for 6 choosen seedling...I might put the Mexican somewhere if I get more than a few, just to check for a stinker later.

Attachments

• IMG_20190515_204606926.jpg
    IMG_20190515_204606926.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_20190515_204337965.jpg
    IMG_20190515_204337965.jpg
    86.4 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_20190515_204229422.jpg
    IMG_20190515_204229422.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_20190515_204211986.jpg
    IMG_20190515_204211986.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_20190515_204117032.jpg
    IMG_20190515_204117032.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 26

Jammal

Update:

The CBG Mangobiche Kush is just about to free itself from its shell.Looking strong and ready to grow.

The Barney's LSD I rescued, needed birthing help, I had placed in peat pellets,,,and I decided I needed to investigate since its been sometime....Apparently the LSD seedling was like born a breach baby,,,it sprung Backwards from its shell and the cytalodons were faced upside down into the soil, tail still half stuck in shell , Pointed in the wrong direction,,,no doubt gonna rot if i dont do something.....So I performed the surgery....Lost a good section of the tail,,,,but with enough of the seedling sprouted out of its shell,,,,I've placed it in the right direction like a tiny tiny clone cutting...and put a humid dome on it....Long story short....I think it will make it....probably an inbred mutant(the strain is basically super skunk fem)...whats there looks promising already,,you can just barley see the first true leaves, and they look very sparkly as per you know what I'm talking about.

thats it for germination so far....Might just be making some mother plants....give it a few more days to a week on the others.I hope to get at least one of the others to sprout something if anything...

Added 2----2ft flourecent 17w T8 plug and play lights to my light array ...HAHA the only ones I could find were blacklight fixtures....so for the last day they been rocking with blacklights in there..LOL really just for checking how warm, doesn't hurt anything...Will be going to the hardware store in the next day or 2 to get actual T8 lights..lol
But I think you'll like my gorilla taped lighting array..

thats all for now...but fuck yeah on the 2 survivors already, both are fem seeds.

SolarLogos

Update:

The CBG Mangobiche Kush is just about to free itself from its shell.Looking strong and ready to grow.

The Barney's LSD I rescued, needed birthing help, I had placed in peat pellets,,,and I decided I needed to investigate since its been sometime....Apparently the LSD seedling was like born a breach baby,,,it sprung Backwards from its shell and the cytalodons were faced upside down into the soil, tail still half stuck in shell , Pointed in the wrong direction,,,no doubt gonna rot if i dont do something.....So I performed the surgery....Lost a good section of the tail,,,,but with enough of the seedling sprouted out of its shell,,,,I've placed it in the right direction like a tiny tiny clone cutting...and put a humid dome on it....Long story short....I think it will make it....probably an inbred mutant(the strain is basically super skunk fem)...whats there looks promising already,,you can just barley see the first true leaves, and they look very sparkly as per you know what I'm talking about.

thats it for germination so far....Might just be making some mother plants....give it a few more days to a week on the others.I hope to get at least one of the others to sprout something if anything...

Added 2----2ft flourecent 17w T8 plug and play lights to my light array ...HAHA the only ones I could find were blacklight fixtures....so for the last day they been rocking with blacklights in there..LOL really just for checking how warm, doesn't hurt anything...Will be going to the hardware store in the next day or 2 to get actual T8 lights..lol
But I think you'll like my gorilla taped lighting array..

thats all for now...but fuck yeah on the 2 survivors already, both are fem seeds.
When you say tail, I assume you mean tap root. I had twins once that I tried to separate. I broke a tiny piece off of the tap root and it lived, but just didn't grow; stayed an inch tall. I hope that is not the case with yours.
How is the Mexican? I'm really hoping they pop open after this much time. I would LOVE to see those grow! Good luck my friend and thanks for the updates.
Peace God bless

Jammal

4 of the Mexican seed cracked, I then put into peat pellets,,,not much since,,,I might try a booster sooner than later.

The Bangi are just chilling, I planted those directly into peat pellets,,so they might just need a little time.

Got the right lights and completed my micro seedling/clone/mum closet space,,,shelfs are adjustable so can get more hight if needed,,but probably just keep things small.

We got a total of 79w led/flouro

The micro guys will appreciate the build .

1--19w led grow blurple ,on sale home Depot,,it's made to hang so it's the base for the frame...

2--13w led under counter 5000k light strips with plastic cover ripped off.

2--17w t8 flouro 6500k strip lights.

Also switched to a smaller fan...

Pic of MangoKush yet to escape it's embryonic skin,,,I easily tapped off the shell....it's greening up, I expect it will go

Pic of LSD..... yeah, I lost about half the tap root...looks a little sad because it was stuck head in the dirt for the first few days of it's life..
It's got incredible thick first set of leaves, and looks like the plant from the movie with Rick Moranis,,,Feed me Seymour!!!!

Attachments

• IMG_20190521_150701702.jpg
    IMG_20190521_150701702.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_20190521_150808455.jpg
    IMG_20190521_150808455.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_20190521_150919589.jpg
    IMG_20190521_150919589.jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_20190521_150905532.jpg
    IMG_20190521_150905532.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 23
  • 20170507 211546
    20170507 211546
    55.9 KB · Views: 34

SolarLogos

Good to see them out. That's also positive news that some of those old Mexicans cracked, you must have taken great care of them. I imagine they will be a little slow going because of their age.
Good luck my friend.
Peace, God bless

Jammal

Yeah Man, it's just fun building a custom low budget shelf grow area... pretty happy with how it all turned out now...just need seeds to do there part now...I bet I get nice growth for what I need in there.

We'll see on those Mexican, be cool if something survive.

I have a few other old beans to try if this is all I get.

Jammal

the Mexican are a lost cause

the Barneys LSD is on its last leg, i give it a 50/50 shot at survival

the Bangi Haze I believe are dead in the water

The Mangobiche Kush is starting slow, but strong.

I did try to germ the last of my Original seeds...

On a good note;;the Last 1 of my original ACE Malawi Fems cracked and is expected to join the party with the vigorous nature it is showing compared to the rest of my old seeds.

I also have the last 7 of my original CBG Caribe regular seeds I'm trying to germinate.

I will give those BH a little more time to crack.

So who knows whats next. but thanks for tagging along for the ride....things promise to stay interesting.

Jammal

A couple of the Caribe have cracked...

Anyways...we can consider this thread dead....I will start a new thread now that things didn't exactly go the way I planned....

but things are still jamming

P

psilocybevybe

A couple of the Caribe have cracked...

Anyways...we can consider this thread dead....I will start a new thread now that things didn't exactly go the way I planned....

but things are still jamming

Hi mate how are the cannabiogen caribe going?:tiphat:

Jammal

Hi mate how are the cannabiogen caribe going?:tiphat:

there going slow, cracked and into peat pellets...

The Mango Kush is Just sitting there,its green, just not sure about living yet.

I have Big Buddah silver cheese going I need to clone soon.

I have 1 Ace Malawi fem seedling that is going like it was breed yesteryear....Srs...popped up rearing to go in like 2 days from trying to germ... All these seeds are 5+years old I recon now.

the one Ace Mal is the only thing really going, I expect a few of the Caribe to Finally get moving..

we'll see soon what I all got..

deepwaterdude

I have 1 Ace Malawi fem seedling that is going like it was breed yesteryear....Srs...popped up rearing to go in like 2 days from trying to germ... All these seeds are 5+years old I recon now.

the one Ace Mal is the only thing really going, I expect a few of the Caribe to Finally get moving..

Hey, don't stop the thread! Maybe you can rename it? I've got some Caribe and Jarilla de Sinaloa I'd love to pop. Got to be at least 3-4 years old. You're the trailblazer, bro, I'll follow if the water's nice:biggrin:

BY the way, my first ever grow was in 1985, I was 13 and had bought a whole vitamin jar of seeds from the early 70s along with 17 hits of very old acid, heh. These were all kept in a wooden jewelry box the whole time. Seeds were as old as I was, maybe a little older. I popped 50 of them oldschool (the only school back then) in paper towels, no problem, told my mom they were asters. Anyway, old seeds can grow, fer sure, though I've never tried with ones that have been frozen for years. But I'd keep trying with that old Mexi;)

Jammal

Caribe is excellent go ahead and give her a go,

I might start a new thread for the Malawi,,,I'm not going anywhere ;)

P

psilocybevybe

Hi Mate,
the mangobiche should make up for the other losses, bugger hey?

its a beautiful plant, sprawling , internodal spaces quite tight

and the smoke is lovely and in a league of its own...

Jammal

Hi Mate,
the mangobiche should make up for the other losses, bugger hey?

its a beautiful plant, sprawling , internodal spaces quite tight

and the smoke is lovely and in a league of its own...

Yeah the Mangobiche Kush is an epic hybrid, I grew one micro a while ago...same seeds...great smoke,,, classic stank....you can see a pic on the Mangobiche peyote purple CBG thread.... really high in terps

Yeah I got pretty good stock with the few I got...all I need is a solid dwarf purple Indica...I think I located a Colorado seed company with in my easy reach for seeds...

Yeah I'm about to wicked with it pretty soon,,,got a 600w hps and air cooled hood sitting idle,,, I'll get that up and running soon,,,, probably the Malawi.

Jammal

Not ready to break off into new threads yet, but figured y'all like to see what's going on.

Malawi ahead of everything else,,,just look at the juices!

3 Caribe are just emerging from shell seedlings.,, really that's good enough,,,3 more are cracked ,but just sitting doing nothing in peat pellets. .(only for a few more days.

Funny thing about the Mangobiche peyote purple,,it sort of half strangled herself with the embryonic skin,,,also I believe was a weirdo mutant anyways, just the way the cytolodons are/we're structured... anyways, the main growing tip got choked off clean with mutant small cytolodon,,, leaving a silly looking seedling with one giant power mutant cytolodon sticking straight up....roots are growing, I expect her to break out of it..... funny when it sprouted the large double sized cytolodon was doubled over a tiny mutant small cytolodon instead of normal equal sides.

my plan is to just pick a fav caribe female and kill off the male caribes now..make some mothers...some sativa heavy weights in the stable

Malawi
Caribe
Mangobiche Kush
Silver Cheese

Attachments

• IMG_20190529_224552449.jpg
    IMG_20190529_224552449.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_20190529_224502086.jpg
    IMG_20190529_224502086.jpg
    77.7 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_20190529_230920338.jpg