What's new

Peppers as a mold deterrent?

JustSumTomatoes

Indicas make dreams happen
So this year I'm growing some Carolina Reaper peppers just for fun and to watch my friends who think they can handle hot stuff suffer lol.
I heard that boats around Trinidad will put Trinidad Scorpion peppers under furniture and in crevices aboard to keep mold/fungi from becoming an issue. Apparently the capsaicin in the peppers is enough to kill or disrupt a small ecosystem.

An idea popped into my head... Use peppers to help keep mold off those precious buds.

I know a fungal infection is systemic and regardless if one area of the plant is protected, the whole plant can still get sick. You guys think this might actually work or is it just another stupid idea of mine?

troutman

Seed Whore
I grew a few Trinidad Moruga Scorpions a few years ago and they are nice plants.
The peppers they produce on other hand are not nice to eat. I used most of them
as animal repellent in a guerilla grow to give you an idea how hot and spicy they are.
I don't think you will want to smoke buds that hot. It could be dangerous. Those
peppers are no joke.

noreason

Natural born Grower
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I use capsaicin infusion to spray or fumigate plants and growrooms. It kills 99% of spidermites, so it can help a lot for mites.
It's not phytotoxyc at all but I can't enter in the room meanwhile. Effect disappear fast and nothing remains on the plants...I mean you will not end the run with spicy weed at all, I bet oxygen and light degrade it pretty fast.

On the other side...mold grow on and eat peppers, even if they're max scoville range peppers. I know nothing else about the topic, sorry :wave:

Latest posts

Latest posts