What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Taking Vitamins for a Better High

St. Phatty

Simply One for Men

Vit. C

Vit. D

Fish Flax Borage

Simply One for Pregnant Women

I ran out of multivitamins so I bought the Pregnancy version of Simply One till I got my new vites in the mail.

The Simply One for Men has Green Tea Extract & Gingko Biloba & a few other things that I think are mildly stimulating.

Human beings are like Cannabis - they need their micro-nutrients.

I have met enough people who were depleted & "depressed" - a blanket term that I don't like - to know that Nutrition really does work.

Even if you are buying some vitamins at Walmart.

Anyway just wondering what experiences y'all have had along these lines.

Of course, when you're 22, you can get away with a diet that would not work when you are older.

I used to get up, drink a Quart of strong coffee with honey, then go all day and have a 2 pound steak for dinner ... and somehow manage to sleep. Can't do that any more.

Wendull C.

Veteran
Shits funny, I'm dying from having pizza for dinner. 20 years ago that was a staple....

Vitamins help a lot.

Ringodoggie

Premium user
420giveaway
Everyone over 50 should take a vitamin for trace elements. You simply can't get what you need from food any more. Not only is your old ass fucking body not able to provide but on top of that, the food today does not have the same minerals that it did years ago. The lack of crop rotation in commercial farming has depleted the soils of the minerals it used to pass onto the veggies and fruits. If soy is more profitable than corn for 5 years in a row.... the farmer grows soy for 5 years in a row.

Don't even get me started on processed foods. Our fresh foods are poison enough without eating anything from a box or can.

Fludioxonil

Rocky Mtn Squid

EL CID SQUID
Veteran
Udo's Oil 3.6.9

Udo's Oil 3.6.9

Udos-Oil-3%C2%B76%C2%B79-Blend-Plant-based-Omega-Oil-Supplement-1.jpg

I highly recommend this oil. I've been taking it for years, and down a shot of it daily. It naturally lowers your cholesterol and blood pressure. You will notice after time, you finger nails no longer crack/break, your hair feels softer, and your skin is not as dry. It helps your eyes, and is especially beneficial for women and their internal plumbing. It's not inexpensive, but well worth the $$$.

You're suppose to store it inside your fridge, in the box to prevent oxidization. You will find it at your local health food store, and they should always have it displayed inside a fridge. It's also excellent to give a teaspoon to your dog or cat. Always check the best before date, ensuring you get a fresh bottle.

It's especially useful to ingest before you're about to tempt fate and visit your local pizza parlor. Taking a double shot fills your liver with the good 3.6.9 fats, preventing/slowing down the cholesterol/fats of the pizza from being absorbed after your culinary debauchery.

Some friends who have tried it complain to me that they don't like the taste. I respond by saying it's like trying oral sex for the first time. After a while, you acquire a taste for it....:biggrin:

No, it will not enhance your high after smoking weed.

RMS

:smoweed:

watts

ohms
Veteran
I wake up and take 1 teaspoon of Jing Herbs or Dragon Herbs Lycium powder (goji powder), non-gmo vitamin C and sometimes Reishi, Cordyceps, and/or Astragalus, then make my coffee which I drink black.

For breakfast I put a Tablespoon each of fresh ground flaxseed, chia seeds, hemp seeds, pumpkin seeds, and 1/2 cup of berries in my organic oats mixed with pea protein plant milk every morning. Eat a banana/apple with almond butter on the side if you need extra calories. Feel full and energy for hours. Take it with vitamin D+K2 and B12. No multivitamin because I get most of my vitamins/minerals from food. However, if not eating enough nutritious foods, Dr. Schulze's SuperFood plus powder is good to take.

Then I don't usually eat again till 6-8 hours later and it's mostly foods like crucerfious vegetables, beans, lentils, greens, avocado, quinoa, brown rice, whole wheat pasta, sweet potatoes, sometimes meat like wild Alaskan salmon, and a bit of fruit. Avoid added sugars, white flours, overly processed foods, dairy, limit oils and salt. Yeah bland and boring compared to the Standard American Diet (S.A.D.) but very healthy and I feel good. Usually just eat twice a day and avoid snacking. If you crave sweets, eat fruit. Be sure to drink enough water. 1 hour of exercise daily. If not getting enough magnesium in your diet, Magnesium Glycinate is good to take before bed. Zinc Orotate if you aren't getting enough zinc in your diet. I don't eat late at night and usually fast for 12-18 hours from my last meal until the next days meal.

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Everyone over 50 should take a vitamin for trace elements. You simply can't get what you need from food any more. Not only is your old ass fucking body not able to provide but on top of that, the food today does not have the same minerals that it did years ago. The lack of crop rotation in commercial farming has depleted the soils of the minerals it used to pass onto the veggies and fruits. If soy is more profitable than corn for 5 years in a row.... the farmer grows soy for 5 years in a row.

Don't even get me started on processed foods. Our fresh foods are poison enough without eating anything from a box or can.

Fludioxonil

I'd also like to add to this that Organic farmers are cheating the system. I've seen it myself with farmers I personally know!
They claim to spot spray their fields, which is approved for some chemicals, but then the guys spraying are on 4 wheelers covering 700+ Acres a day "Spot spraying". (spot spraying, my ass... Half the field will not produce for 4-6 years now!)

Also, because vitamins are produced by pharmaceutical companies as well as supplemental companies that have to be somehow approved for human consumption... and pill style vitamins are not absorbed by the body well... What are the best companies to get vitamins from? What are the worst companies to get Vitamins from?

Another fleeting thought...
Vitamins are, in the future, going to be regulated as much as medications are. Thoughts?

I know I don't want to have to get my vitamins and supliments from the pharmacy and/or with a prescription.

Rocky Mtn Squid

EL CID SQUID
Veteran
MJP:

You're spot on about the organic farmer cheating the system.
USDA certification is a joke, and you can never be certain how clean a product is when buying.

Best bet is to buy local at your farmers market if and when you can.

Problem is, that can be expensive. At least you can get to know the vendor who hopefully grew the product and ask questions. No different than knowing the grower who sells weed....:biggrin:

Big Pharma is a greedy, profit motivated eugenicist mother fucker. Super markets sell food that are poison.

Caveat Emptor !!

RMS

Ringodoggie

Premium user
420giveaway
You're absolutely right about the companies that make vitamins. Some are good and some are bad. I have read reports that some manufacturers actually have very little to none of the content that is claimed on the labels. Oddly enough, WalMart's brand was often rated very high, with GNC often being rated very low. I think walMart's brand is called Spring Valley. Or, Something Valley.

Even the vitamins that are put in milk (let's call it what it is... cow water) are barely absorbed by your body. Artificial nutes just don't work real well.

As for Organic Foods.... don't get me started. LOL I know a number of farmers and a few "Organic" farmers.

The USDA Organic Seal does not mean the foods don't have chemicals in them.... they do. LOL The ONLY thing a farmer needs to do to qualify for the 'seal' is to have an organic 'business model'. THAT is what you submit for your seal. You don't EVER submit food or soil for testing. It's all about fooling the sheeple.

ALL food grown in America contains chemicals and artificial nutrients. It's impossible not to. Wind born effects and water tables make it impossible. And, the designers of the "Organic Seal" knew that so they made the rules so the commercial farmer could win and the stupid sheeple could loose. I am a capitalist so I love the plan. LOL But, that doesn't make it right. I am amazed at what people eat without knowing. [/rant] LOL

Rocky Mtn Squid

EL CID SQUID
Veteran
Mischa Popoff "Exposing The Fake Organic Industry"

Mischa Popoff "Exposing The Fake Organic Industry"

Mischa Popoff is a very interesting dude. He use to be a USDA Organic Certification inspector, and knows WTF he is talking about.

I do not agree with his right wing Christian conservative political bias, which I for one am most definitely not, but holy molly, this guy knows his stuff about food.

Very interesting info, well worth 42 minutes of your time IF you want to know about organic farming, what is really in your food and how it's actually inspected.

You might think twice about what organic food you might buy after listening to this interview.....:chin:

[YOUTUBEIF]EJF1seiiCjA[/YOUTUBEIF]

RMS

Rocky Mtn Squid

EL CID SQUID
Veteran
Bio Super Food

Bio Super Food

I just ordered some of this stuff for the first time, called BioSuperfood.

From it's website:

BioSuperfood is made of the four most synergistic algae known to man: Spirulina Platensis, Spirulina Pacifica, Dunaliella Salina and Haematococcus with Astaxanthin.

BioSuperfood is superior to any other algae-based Superfood because it has undergone over 15 years of scientific research.

From this extensive, well-funded research the inventor of BioSuperfood narrowed down 4 perfect algae from over 1000 tested in the lab.

BioSuperfood is the purest source of Spirulina on the Planet, and cannot be contaminated by environmental toxins.

It is grown in enclosed hydroponic bioreactors, in mineral dense volcanic thermal spring water sourced from 2km underground one of the purest locations on Earth.

Each batch is Health Canada certified free of mold, heavy metals and other pollutants.

BioSuperfood provides over 15,000 nutrients and compounds, including all know vitamins, all known minerals, thousands of enzymes, essential fatty acids, all essential amino acids, phytonutrients, antioxidants, nucleic acids, high protein content, chlorophyll and lots more.

BioSuperfood optimizes hypothalamic and endocrine function so your body can maintain itself in perfect health.

BioSuperfood provides powerful nutritional support for health and longevity and assists the body to detoxify daily.

Here is the link: http://bioage.com/Protect/

Just a suggestion. I have no commercial ties or interests in this.

RMS

Ibechillin

Masochist Educator
I posted a thread awhile ago explaining how the health, supplement/vitamin industry and FDA operate in America some here will probably appreciate (its honestly scary how little regulation and enforcement there is, you wont ever look at vitamins/health products the same.) Also worth mentioning is many vitamins are actually toxic and harmful if taking more than you need, check out the documentary Vitamania and research into vitamin overdose. Furthermore majority of the vitamin products are in forms our bodies dont recognize efficiently compared to naturally occurring vitamins found in fruits and vegetables and have very limited bioavailability.

Link to thread Products The FDA IS NOT Authorized To Review For Safety & Effectiveness:

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=352409