What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Cannabis tourism in USA

Koondense

Veteran
Heya
I'm about to visit the west coast this year and wondering how hard or legal/illegal it is to get some weed in the western states, especially California, Nevada, Washington, Arizona..?
Obviously I'm not american so have no idea what to expect there.

Any info is welcome! :tiphat:

Ibechillin

Masochist Educator
In states that have legalized recreational all you need is an ID to show your over 21 at the door, just like a smoke shop or liquor store essentially. Washington, Oregon, California and Nevada are recreational but Arizona is medical only requiring medical authorization from the state.

art.spliff

ICMag Donor
They might enter your name into a system or scan your ID in other words it is tracked but I think all of the dispensaries accept cash.

Ibechillin

Masochist Educator
In Washington they just check your ID at the door, the registry system is optional you choose to enter in at the register for discounts/promotions. Yeah its all cash only transactions and most have ATM machines inside the store since banking/card transactions are federal. A recreational shop near my house was really smart, they bought and renovated an old bank so they would have their own bank vault. No public consumption or open containers though, hotel/motels etc will probably have issues with people blazing up in the rooms too, ive heard mention of lounges trying to get opened like hooka bars but not sure if thats taken off yet.

Koondense

Veteran
Thanks for the replies,
if I understand correctly, let's say I go to L.A. into a dispensary, show my passport and I'm good to shop? That easy?
It's gonna be a great time :)

Cheers

Ibechillin

Masochist Educator
I did a few searches and international passport is accepted as legal ID, should be that easy haha. :rasta:

Miasa Mura

Northern California is great, so is Oregon. Can’t speak to the markets in Washington, or Nevada. I was in Oregon last weekend and saw this sign, though I’m sure it’s not the top of the line herb :)

Attachments

• 57B6FE35-5B18-452B-AA34-ABE3674625F2.jpeg
    57B6FE35-5B18-452B-AA34-ABE3674625F2.jpeg
    12.9 KB · Views: 37

dimodz

Elite StrainCloneHunter
Veteran
420giveaway
Thanks for the replies,
if I understand correctly, let's say I go to L.A. into a dispensary, show my passport and I'm good to shop? That easy?

Cheers

yeah that right dude :tiphat:

Portland and Oregon has the cheaperst topshelf weeds for once 30 - 40 dollars :)

So have fun and enjoy your trip :biggrin:

greetz

St. Phatty

I suggest staying at a Motel chain called Motel 6 - in cannabis friendly areas like, most coastal cities.

Just walk around till you smell Cannabis smoke.

Enjoy the secondary smoke. Maybe they will share.

theJointedOne

Veteran
I suggest staying at a Motel chain called Motel 6 - in cannabis friendly areas like, most coastal cities.

Just walk around till you smell Cannabis smoke.

Enjoy the secondary smoke. Maybe they will share.

motel 6 is really horrible now. It used to be ok, but now is the worst of the worst. Try Best western, or Comfort inn, if you want a lower priced lodging. Air bnb also can be fun way to travel and can find some decent deals too.

also please dont expect to find high grade flowers for cheap. Sure you will find bargain budz but expect the quality to allign with the price. High grade flowers in cal and oregon are still around 7-10 a gram, if not more for the very top shelf.

if u have any questions feel free to dm me, im a 5th gen norcal resident :)

dimodz

Elite StrainCloneHunter
Veteran
420giveaway
motel 6 is really horrible now. It used to be ok, but now is the worst of the worst. Try Best western, or Comfort inn, if you want a lower priced lodging. Air bnb also can be fun way to travel and can find some decent deals too.

also please dont expect to find high grade flowers for cheap. Sure you will find bargain budz but expect the quality to allign with the price. High grade flowers in cal and oregon are still around 7-10 a gram, if not more for the very top shelf.

if u have any questions feel free to dm me, im a 5th gen norcal resident :)

that a good offer :tiphat:

Drewsif

Thanks for the replies,

Cheers

My advice don't do it. It's pretty sad to see what shops are selling (smells like fish guts but comes in a Lisa Frank jar.)

Koondense

Veteran
Your advice is very appreciated but if this is the case I'll need an alternative. So is there any dispensary especially bad and to be avoided, are there any better ones?
Thinking ahead, i'm a sativa lover so no ogs and other hype knockouts which i believe are easy to get compared to at least a ssh or jack herer.
Where to get the more sativa buds in LA or Vegas?

Cheers

St. Phatty

Cops are such assholes it's a mistake to smoke & drive.

The asshole-ness of cops also affects where to store the goods if you're driving with C.

thailer

a lot of the stores will have a website with menu of products with prices. you can just search for "best dispensary in ____" and it will pop up the most popular places. Uncle Ike's is popular in Seattle but i have yet to travel that far to buy legal pot.

Air B&B was mentioned and i think you will find some pot tourism specific places to stay at there or something that is private. the rates for places to rent on there at least in washington are much cheaper than what i found looking at motels and for the most part, i think if you come in summer, a place with an off site host that has a privacy fence or something so you're not in public view, you can smoke cannabis outside just like someone would be forced to smoke their cigarette outside of a motel that won't let you smoke in your room. as long as you're not blowing smoke around other people, you should be okay to smoke in the backyard of an air b&b. if someone were to call, the police would just tell you not to do it anymore i'm sure, no big deal.

kalopatchkid

Veteran
Airbnb is pretty good these days, and its pretty easy to find a place to yourself for less than the cost of a hotel.

When we were looking at airbnb's in oregon a year ago, i found a few where the owners grew cannabis and provided it for their guests if they wanted. I didnt stay in any like that, but just giving you an idea of what is out there in legal states.

Dispensaries are hit or miss...you'll find better stuff if you hunt for fresh drops from reputable farmers but it is still a unique experience if you have never gone weed shopping before.

Miasa Mura

Hey Koondense, you can check out the websites of the dispensaries where you’re staying. A lot of folks, my self included use Leafly or Weedmaps to get a preview of menus & prices. I’ve heard good things about Buds & Roses as well as MedMen. I hope you have a great visit!:biggrin:

Latest posts

Latest posts