What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Zack's back

20sackzack

Great thread so far man.

Vary nice setup .

Looking good, I am excited to see the flowers this set up puts out.

Thanks guys! And me too!

Alright so here's some more details. The room itself is built inside my detached garage. It used to be an office or something before my girlfriend and I moved in.
The outside of my intake with the filter box open looks like this

picture.php

The intake is pulling air from inside the garage. And here is what the exhaust looks like from outside

picture.php

picture.php

It's going out a window I boarded up, insulated and disguised with some outdoor blinds

Here's how I lightproofed my door. I took some 3/4" x 1 1/2" boards with rubber foam weather stripping attached and mounted them to the frame flush with the door. I still had a sliver of light coming through so I stuck tape to the door to fill the gap and it seems to be working perfectly now

picture.php

Last thing I'll go over for now is the humidifier I set up. It's still a work in progress as i need to get some kind of 4" hard pipe to use instead of ducting to prevent water from pooling up inside it. I will position the pipe so water will drain back into the tank. All it is is 5 disc foggers in a small tank that sits on top of and drains into a larger reservoir underneath. There's a pump in the large reservoir that tops off the small one every hour keeping the water level correct in the small tank. Then just a fan blowing into the small tank that moves the mist up the the ducting (or soon to be pipe) into the room. I am gonna redo it soon to make it look and work better as well as add more discs for more mist

picture.php

20sackzack

I was finally able to get everything ready to flip to flower so last Saturday was officially my first day of bloom in my new room! :party:

Been doing a lot of super cropping and weaving of branches to try and even out the canopy. Also gave them a good lollipopping the day before they got flipped. Honestly pretty happy with how everything is going so far :dance013:

picture.php

picture.php

Also took about 6 clones of each variety right before I flipped so with any luck those should be rooted in a couple weeks :biggrin:

20sackzack

Nice setup!

Thanks!

So I'm at day 5 of flower now and the girls are starting to blow up. Fed them some fulpower, mkp, k sulfate, k sil, cal nit and a little tm7 last night and when I checked on them before work this morning they were diggin it :biggrin:

picture.php

picture.php

I've got a good amount of stuff to try and get done in the room this weekend. I finally bought a co2 controller and regulator and will be picking up 20lb cylinder tomorrow after work. I'm curious to see what kind of a difference it will make because I've never used it before

I also bought 5 more single disc foggers to make a total of 10. I'm gonna pick up some 4 inch drain pipe from hd and use it to redo my humidifier setup. Too much water collects in the ducting causing it to pool and drip in certain areas. The plan is to position the drain pipe so that the mist dumps on top of the plants but any condensation will drain back into the tank instead of dripping on the girls. Hoping the extra 5 fogger discs will help my get my rh up where I want it. Those hid's really dry out the air

The other thing I'd like to do is cut the hoses going from my reservoirs to the beds shorter and get them setup on timers. I've just been going out there when the lights turn on and manually turning the pumps on to water. I picked up a timer that can do seconds so I can water for 45 second intervals allowing the water to more evenly distribute rather than go straight through causing runoff

I've been using a 5 gallon bucket with a submersible pump to feed and it works well but is time consuming. Gonna try and figure out a way to automate that somehow as well.

Oh yeah one more thing, I definitely need to get the second layer of trellis up this weekend as well. Gonna be a bitch to try and do later if they get too tall

Hope you guys have a good weekend! :tiphat:

20sackzack

Very nice setup

Thanks, its been a lot of planning and hard work to get to this point. I've put more time, money and effort into this room than anything I've ever done in my life

Was up to 2 in the morning friday and saturday working in the room. Got pretty much everything I wanted to done thankfully. Plants got fed, second layer of trellis went up, humidifier improved and got co2 set up and working nicely

Here you can see the new co2 cylinder and controller as well as the new humidifier pipe and second layer of trellis

picture.php

This one shows the loop of co2 emitter tubing I put up above the lights to rain down on the plants

picture.php

This shows the new humidifier setup with the hard drain pipe to prevent dripping. I also redid the small tank to fix the water level and added 5 more discs. This thing dumps out mist now and is working nicely. Pretty happy with how it came out

picture.php

picture.php

And here's a bed shot showing the new layer of trellis. The sluricane doesn't seem to be stretching much so I'm curious how they will turn out. The middle bed is the sluricane

picture.php

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
:respect:

Love all the filtered intakes. Beautifully designed setup.

dank.Frank

Last edited:

20sackzack

Love all the filtered intakes. Beautifully designed setup.

dank.Frank

Thanks Frank! The merv filters are a nice option for intakes imo. Probably gonna need to get a bigger carbon scrubber though, as I was already smelling some smells outside the garage the other night

Fantastic. I would do terrible things to have that grow space.

Haha thanks man! Just set goals for yourself and don't stop until you get them. That's how I made it happen anyway

Two weeks into flower as of last night. Things are going fairly well still. Everything looks pretty happy except for a few leaves showing possible calcium or phosphorus deficiencies I think. I have a hanna soil ec meter coming today that I'm going to use to determine feeding needs.

Looking to maintain 0.8 ec and will be feeding calcium nitrate, monopotassium phosphate, potassium sulfate or potassium silicate, calcium sulfate along with some fulvic, microbes, therm-x and slf 100

The slurricane is in the middle bed and stretching the least out of everything. Excited to see how this strain finishes out because I've never tried it before. Have heard lots of good things though and they are smelling great already

The "gelato" I was told by a reputable source is not actually gelato and is a mystery. They said they ran 18 and 13 of them dudded out. The plants that weren't duds apparently came out very nice though. Luckily none of mine seem to be showing any signs of dudding so far, so fingers crossed and hoping for the best

Wedding cake is a beast and is still stretching and crushing. Love this cut, would be epic to do a mono crop with her someday. I love having a variety too much for that though probably lol

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Here's a lights off shot from a couple days previous

picture.php

Still getting the timer schedule dialed in for my sprinklers. Trying to keep the beds wet enough without getting run off is proving to be a little tricky but I'll get if figured out

Next weekend will be the first big leaf pluck so I need to get another rolling stool so my girlfriend can help. Gonna get another layer of trellis in as well

20sackzack

@seismic thanks yo! Will probably take me a couple grows to figure out when to flip to max out my canopy without getting too close to the lights

So I'm at day 19 of flower today and the room is starting to smell really good. Everything is developing resin nicely so I don't think I'll have any duds thankfully

My girl and I are gonna start stripping leaves tonight and will continue through the weekend for the first big de-leaf

Seeing some weird deficiencies on some leaves but I'm thinking it's from having some dry spots in the beds. Turns out it's a little tricky to evenly saturate 600 gallons of soil lol. Not too worried, just gonna try and get some deep soakings in more often and hope for the best

Here's my first live bud shot in this thread

Slurricane - smells similar to purple punch but with less fruit and more funk so far

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Even though they aren't perfect I'm pretty happy with these plants so far. This is my 4th indoor grow ever and all 3 previous I had pm show up. So far nothing with zero fungicides or preventative sprays. We will see though as I have 6 or 7 weeks left to go...

20sackzack

@coco_loco thanks for stopping by, awesome that people all over the world can share their grows here

Hope everyone had a great memorial day weekend. Want to say thank you and show my gratitude to all our vets and the people who paid the ultimate sacrifice for our freedom

It was a productive weekend for me. Spent three hours in the room thursday night plucking the gelato bed and over six hours friday finishing the other two. Thank God I have my girlfriend to help me or else it would have taken fuckin forever. She doesn't enjoy working with the plants as much as I do but she gets whatever we are working on done fast and efficiently so I'm glad she is willing to help

Also fed some more salts and adjusted my sprinkler timers to only stay on for 30 seconds rather than 45 but to come on more often. I haven't been getting runoff anymore and the beds seem more evenly moist which is great

Not sure if I'm gonna put up a 3rd layer of trellis because they didn't stretch as much as I was expecting. We will see how much they start leaning later on

So here's a before and after leaf pluck shot of the beds

picture.php

picture.php

This is the slurricane canopy. Stayed pretty short but looks like it will chunk up fat and could finish fast. Smells delicious like tangerines or something right now

picture.php

Purple punch already forming nugs, definitely a fast flowering variety but she's in it for the long haul with the rest of em. Gonna chop everything at once so I can dry it in the grow room. Not ideal but don't have a better option currently

picture.php

I'm not positive but this looks like it could be guttation occurring on this wedding cake. I found it last night and thought it was pretty interesting because I've never seen it in person before

picture.php

My girl and I also got a little veggie garden planted on saturday so I will share some pics and info about that soon

Last edited:

20sackzack

What do you use for pm?

Everything is looking great.

Thanks man, so far I have used zero pesticides or fungicides whatsoever in this new room. I have had pm show up before this point on every other grow I've done previous. So what am I doing differently?

Balancing soil minerals/feeds

Giving the plant lots of the correct form of calcium early on so it can build strong cell walls that are resistant to pests and diseases

Basically all bottled nutrients and bagged soils don't have enough calcium and way too much potassium, sodium or other nutrients that make plants grow quickly but without nutrient density

That's why you can grow nice looking plants with roots organics, fox farm, royal gold ect. But they are susceptible to bugs, pm and botrytis and they won't burn as cleanly as plants grown in mineral dense/balanced soil. Not to mention yields, potency and oil production all go up when plants are given access to proper nutrition, light, water, humidity etc. They are all pieces of the puzzle

That being said, there are many many ways to skin this cat and at the end of the day it all comes down to personal preference so if you have a method that works for you and gives you the results you want, more power to ya!

But if you are interested in learning about soil science but aren't sure where to start I highly recommend the book "the intelligent gardener" by Steve Solomon. After you read the book, which is very interesting and not at all boring imo, then go start reading slownickel's thread in the advance growing section. The guys in that thread are on the cutting edge of plant science and may be some of the most knowledgeable growers in the world. No joke.

Here's a link to get the book on Amazon

https://www.amazon.com/Intelligent-...97&s=gateway&sprefix=the+intelligent+g&sr=8-1

And here's a link to slows thread

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=331317

20sackzack

Ok so I'm at 4 weeks in as of last Saturday. Plants are starting to chunk up nicely but seem to be possibly beginning to fade a bit early. Last feed of salts I did 1.5x my normal amount which put EC at 2.2. However when I do a direct soil measurement with my hanna meter I can only get about 0.24 max.. I might top dress some more organic food and do some more heavier salt feeds as well

Gelato

picture.php

Slurricane

picture.php

Wedding cake

picture.php

picture.php

Been meaning to share my little veggie garden my girlfriend and I planted a week ago. The soil was a batch of coots style I mixed up and amended with buildasoil nutrient packs that I used for an outdoor grow 3 years ago. It has now had 2 more seasons of veggies grown in it and has been mixed with the roots organic bagged soil from my last tent grow

I got a k3 test done at spectrum and was pretty surprised with how decent it came out. A bit low on potassium and micros but overall pretty good. I mixed in some alfalfa, kelp meal, k sulfate, manganese, copper and borax before planting so we will see how it turns out this year. Has grown some awesome healthy veggies the last 2 years but got hit with aphids and pm at the end of last year. Gonna set up a drip system for it and get it mulched soon

Growing 3 tomatoes, one roma, one early girl and one volunteer that must have sprouted from a seed of last years sweet 100 due to all the recent rain. Also growing pepperoncini, red and yellow bells, spinach, zucchini, Spanish yellow onion, chives and an English cucumber. Can't wait for all the fresh produce! Yum!

picture.php

That little tomato in the front is the volunteer

20sackzack

@Itsmychoice thanks for stopping by! Not sure how many people will even see this thread but it's kinda fun for me just to have a place to document it

The garden is cruising along now at day 38 I believe. Buds are starting to get pretty chunky and the smell of the room is getting so strong it kinda stings my eyes a little

Kinda funny that this is the only grow room I've ever been in before. My tents have always smelled good when opened during flower but this room absolutely reeks on another level

I was stoked to get a drip system installed in my outdoor veggie bed over the weekend. Turned out pretty clean I think and is working great so far. Should save us a shit load of time this summer. Now I just gotta get the tomatoes caged up and mulch everything. Thinking about buying one of those mushroom straw logs they have on buildasoil

picture.php

Ok time for some bud shots

First up is wedding cake, this cut is an absolute beast!

picture.php

Then the infamous purple punch, some people dont like her but not me. I think she is an awesome strain, yields well, easy to grow, smells amazing and has incredible bag appeal. Has a nice, chill daytime buzz that I enjoy

picture.php

Next up is slurricane, first time growing this one for me. This pheno is fairly squat and is maturing pretty quickly. Nice chunky frost cover nugs that are turning colors and smells like tangerines and the color purple. The smell stays on your fingers for a long ass time if you touch her

picture.php

Lastly is the cut given to me as gelato 33. I have doubts that it actually is the 33 but its definitely some type of cookie or gelato cross. Smells like creamy sweet yet gassy cookie dankness. Can't wait to smoke this one

picture.php

Probably going to harvest around 9 weeks. The punch and slurricane will probably be ready by 8 and the cake and gelato could probably go 10+ so I think 9 will be best to chop everything at once. Only 3 and a half weeks to go!

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Great work. Not sure about anyone else, but I'm loving the show. By all means, keep posting! :respect:

How far apart are your two screens, out of curiosity? I've not set my second screen on yet, the time is getting near to do so.

I was just doing a mock up for a drip line set up for my indoor soil bed. Anything you'd change about your veggie drip set up? I was thinking something nearly identical for SOG runs.

dank.Frank