What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Sour OG From Start TO Finish

Rodehazrd

Hey there GD
This is a shot of my seedling table. Cheep phone bad light but you can see the Pineapple Express is the taller one 9" and 818 7". All 12 Bangi Haze cuts rooted and are in 3" pots.
Its almost time to pot up to 3 gal for the bigger ones. Both are already on full feed. I am trying to push my Ca hard in veg with a fish hydrolysate gypsum slurry adjusted to a 2-4-2 ratio. I just dipped all them in a 20/1 vinegar water bath for mites as a caution. My Bangi cut really seems to attract them.
I'm glad you're doing this thread. I haven't done one yet, a little too ADD to keep a thread of my own going. I may do a journal where I just post the whole grow at once if I ever have some I am really proud of.

Attachments

• IMG_2719.jpg
    IMG_2719.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 44

growdady

Hey there GD
This is a shot of my seedling table. Cheep phone bad light but you can see the Pineapple Express is the taller one 9" and 818 7". All 12 Bangi Haze cuts rooted and are in 3" pots.
Its almost time to pot up to 3 gal for the bigger ones. Both are already on full feed. I am trying to push my Ca hard in veg with a fish hydrolysate gypsum slurry adjusted to a 2-4-2 ratio. I just dipped all them in a 20/1 vinegar water bath for mites as a caution. My Bangi cut really seems to attract them.
I'm glad you're doing this thread. I haven't done one yet, a little too ADD to keep a thread of my own going. I may do a journal where I just post the whole grow at once if I ever have some I am really proud of.
Looking good Rodehazrd, you should get a journal going on them ladies. I am sure I am not alone in wanting to see what you got going on. Your girls are looking good, keep me posted on them ladies.

growdady

I was looking through some older posts of mine and about 5 years ago I ordered these seeds. Also have some Afghan Kush X Skunk seeds I grew one of the AKxS seeds out these are all fem seeds I always buy. I have grown over 7 plants from seed, over the years of the 818 Headband. And I have never had leaves like this one in particular. Fat leaves and very thick with a little crinkle to the leaves.

Now It could be just leaning more towards the Indica side of the strain. But I doubt it very much. When I fed Breilla this morning I had to hold the bottom leaves up with one hand. This is because she sits so low, and I didn't want to get nutrient solution on the leaves. Anyhow the leaves are very thick and almost like rubber feel. I remembered I grew a plant out of 6 seeds I had purchased of the AKxS. I remember how thick her leaves were and they had a crinkle to them. So this was bothering me because I seen this growth before. .

In 2015 I grew an OG#18 and an Afghan Kush x Skunk. I started looking through sites I am active user on. I found the journal from that grow here is the link to that grow https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=312166 . The AKxS looks just like Breilla does now. I am almost certain these are the same. The Afghan Kush x Skunk was fire smoke and good sleep meds. So I wont be upset if Breilla is not Headband and is indeed AKxS. I had no clue how to clone back in the day and that was like my 4th grow. I didn't want to have this thread labeled wrong not sure how to change the title if need be. I am 95% sure she is AKxS and not Headband.

The seeds I found in the cd case were from late 2014 early 2015. The AKxS , The 818 Headband, The OG#18 and some autoflowers I ordered when only grew autos. But these leaves have a thickness to them when you hold a leaf, that deep green and wrinkled leaves. I am sorry if there is a mix up. I will know 100% soon I hope.

Rodehazrd

Hey GD
You may be right about the mixup I have grown the whole pack of 818 fems and they always look mostly the same. Mine are a little more narrow leaf than yours but not much and I know environment can really affect how some girls express their traits. When I get that too dark green with a little rough edges its usually a K issue. I doubt thats your issue but if you're hitting her heavy with N it can lock out some k. I did that with a run of Bangi Haze, next run I added kool bloom on top of the same feed and no problem. I read the K does some cooling function for the leaves.
Happy growing
:tiphat::tiphat:

growdady

Hey GD
You may be right about the mixup I have grown the whole pack of 818 fems and they always look mostly the same. Mine are a little more narrow leaf than yours but not much and I know environment can really affect how some girls express their traits. When I get that too dark green with a little rough edges its usually a K issue. I doubt thats your issue but if you're hitting her heavy with N it can lock out some k. I did that with a run of Bangi Haze, next run I added kool bloom on top of the same feed and no problem. I read the K does some cooling function for the leaves.
Happy growing
:tiphat::tiphat:

I have been feeding lightly 4ml a gallon A and B nutrients. I haven't gave her any additives yet except 5ml a gallon CalMag. I am almost certain this is not the 818. But one thing I can say for sure is she is not growing with the characteristics I am used to seeing associated with this strain. Also I am only human I could be wrong. Any hoot thanks for the info and stay green :D

growdady

Well here is a look at Breilla she is doing well. She was given plane water yesterday, were going to finish this girl no matter what. Here she is pictured today, I rubbed my fingers up and down the stem. A strong spicy smell follows my fingers. Nothing is going on really she is just chillin. Well here is 2 looks at Breilla

Attachments

• 5.17.19.818.jpg
    5.17.19.818.jpg
    85 KB · Views: 31
  • 5.17.19.818 (2).jpg
    5.17.19.818 (2).jpg
    87.7 KB · Views: 37

Rodehazrd

Well here is a look at Breilla she is doing well. She was given plane water yesterday, were going to finish this girl no matter what. Here she is pictured today, I rubbed my fingers up and down the stem. A strong spicy smell follows my fingers. Nothing is going on really she is just chillin. Well here is 2 looks at Breilla

I like the way she's reaching for the sky like a happy baby. Did you top already? Looks like two main colas.
I'm alternating my waterings now with my fish/gypsum slurry and a blend of humic acid, Micro's and hygrozyme. Trying to get as much calcium as I can into the plant and soil. When I pot her up to a 3 gal container I will start to give her a calcium nitrate foliar with a little fish and kelp.
Do you spray any nutes?:tiphat:

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
Looking good friend, Ive just started Lemon Tart, and Bellini from CC I'm probably gonna flower out in my new Mars Hydro led test grow. Ive got some other breeders im gonna put in there too. But i love the OG sfv, and tahoe I ran many yrs ago when CC was just starting. I'm excited to see what happens with these strains. Good luck clone the heck outta that lady

Iowa Grown

Its always SUPER NICE when you see a happy plant, very cool! Anyhow... she definitely has got some OG traits showing through! Anyway, to me... she kind of resembles a few of the White Tahoe Cookies I have grown.

growdady

Its always SUPER NICE when you see a happy plant, very cool! Anyhow... she definitely has got some OG traits showing through! Anyway, to me... she kind of resembles a few of the White Tahoe Cookies I have grown.

Thanks for stopping by the thread and taking time to view my little lady. How would you rate the Tahoe Cookies?

growdady

Yesterday I was going to post pictures of the young lady but I wanted to pot her up. She has been kept under a single 23w CFL. She was potted up this morning to her final pot and placed under the leds. She no longer is alone as Breilla has been waiting to meet her. I will name her Marcella after my wife. Well here is a look at the Blueberry I give you Marcella.

Attachments

• blueberry.5.18.19 (2).jpg
    blueberry.5.18.19 (2).jpg
    106.9 KB · Views: 39
  • blueberry.5.18.19.jpg
    blueberry.5.18.19.jpg
    126.8 KB · Views: 39

Rodehazrd

Hey GD
Blueberry lookin nice. Did you decide what you're growing there on the OG? She isn't much different from mine here at 12 inches. I put her up in a 2 gallon pot for a few weeks
I got my pot ready to receive her here. I put the last of my red wigglers in there and I soaked it down with microbe tea and myco and a good dose of fish hydrolysate so the soil food web can start to grow,then in a few weeks I'll slip in the plant when her roots fill the other pot. The bottom tub has sewer pipes in it to hold the the top tub off the bottom and an air stone in there. I cut in a 8" net pot in the top tub and pack it with rockwool fill the bottom with water and she's good for 8-10 days depending on the stage of growth. Kind of a hempy style but with bubbles. I found the design in an old grow bible. Been using it for several years off and on. Later on I'll stick fence post in the corners for the screen to attach to. In the past I had roots in the rez and cleaned after each plant. Major pain in the ass. My hope is a notill bed I can top dress and keep going.I tried a layer of ground cloth on the bottom but stilll had the issue. This time I put several layers of cloth on the net pot. Here's hoping it works. I think the 30 gallon is enough mass to support notill from what I read. I guess we'll see.

Attachments

• IMG_2727.jpg
    IMG_2727.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG_2726.jpg
    IMG_2726.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 41

growdady

Hey GD
Blueberry lookin nice. Did you decide what you're growing there on the OG? She isn't much different from mine here at 12 inches. I put her up in a 2 gallon pot for a few weeks
I got my pot ready to receive her here. I put the last of my red wigglers in there and I soaked it down with microbe tea and myco and a good dose of fish hydrolysate so the soil food web can start to grow,then in a few weeks I'll slip in the plant when her roots fill the other pot. The bottom tub has sewer pipes in it to hold the the top tub off the bottom and an air stone in there. I cut in a 8" net pot in the top tub and pack it with rockwool fill the bottom with water and she's good for 8-10 days depending on the stage of growth. Kind of a hempy style but with bubbles. I found the design in an old grow bible. Been using it for several years off and on. Later on I'll stick fence post in the corners for the screen to attach to. In the past I had roots in the rez and cleaned after each plant. Major pain in the ass. My hope is a notill bed I can top dress and keep going.I tried a layer of ground cloth on the bottom but stilll had the issue. This time I put several layers of cloth on the net pot. Here's hoping it works. I think the 30 gallon is enough mass to support notill from what I read. I guess we'll see.

Rodehazrd thanks for stopping by the thread. Yeah im thinking she may 818 headband after all. I cant really tell I will know for sure in flower by her structure. Right now im not sure 100%. Sounds like you know what the hell your doing. Your set up sounds killer. And much love for your garden.

growdady

Okay its Friday I'm a dollar short and a day late, I am here non the less with a brief update. Girls are doing well, I have been debating putting my 5x5 up with my 2 Mars Hydro 600 watt lights up. I want to run them both in the 4x2 for now and see how the heat goes. The blueberry is doing well she is just veggin out she's about ready to take off. Well here is a look at the girls this morning.

Attachments

• 818 (2).jpg
    818 (2).jpg
    101.1 KB · Views: 35
  • bb (2).jpg
    bb (2).jpg
    101.9 KB · Views: 38
  • 818.jpg
    818.jpg
    107.6 KB · Views: 36
  • bb.jpg
    bb.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 35

growdady

The girls are doing great just chillin. I am convinced Breilla is the Sour OG she started out to be. And she is doing great. The feed was bumped up to 10ml a gallon water, A and B at equal parts of course. I have two pictures of her to share today. She will go into flower next Friday if things go as planned will start new seeds today or tomorrow.

As far as Marcella goes she is doing well. She was topped last week, and she has responded well without issue. She now sports 2 tops and is taking 10ml a gallon of water like her older sister she is a pretty good eater. She will veg a little longer perhaps 2 weeks before flipping her. Nothing to really report on so I'm just gonna show the ladies and get it over with. First two pictures are of Breilla, last two are of Marcella.

Attachments

• blueberry (2).jpg
    blueberry (2).jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 32
  • blueberry.jpg
    blueberry.jpg
    85 KB · Views: 36
  • 818 (2).jpg
    818 (2).jpg
    79.3 KB · Views: 44
  • 818.jpg
    818.jpg
    83.9 KB · Views: 39

growdady

I finally put the other light in, the ratchets came in Friday morning. I am going to put up the 4x4 today or tomorrow just need to stop being lazy. I took the 4x4 down because I like to run my 600w in the fall/winter. I have to put the tent in my bedroom this go round. I don't want it to be hot as hell in there during the summer time. So I will hang my 2 Mars Hydro 600w in the 4x4. I know shit about leds I bought the pair for $250.00. I swear I read somewhere that a single 600w from Mars Hydro replace a 400w hps. Maybe I made that shit up because I cant seem to remember where I got that information from. If its true I am running around 800w in the tent. Anyone with experience with these lights fell free to chime in.

Attachments

• marshydro.jpg
    marshydro.jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 36

growdady

I just smoked a 1/2 a blunt and decided to get it done. So the girls and the lights have moved to the 4x4. Here is a quick look at Breilla and Marcella in their new home. :tiphat:

Attachments

• 4x4 (2).jpg
    4x4 (2).jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 33
  • 4x4.jpg
    4x4.jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 37

growdady

For my records 3 clones were taken today. 2 Sour OG, 1 Blueberry. The clones will get updated, on my clone thread. None the less, 6/4/19 clones taken.

growdady

Breilla and Marcella are doing very well. They are taking veg nutrients at 12ml a gallon water. These girls both will go into 12/12 this coming Friday perhaps. I prefer to flower once they are mature enough to show sex. The Sour OG is pictured here as the 1st and 2nd pictures before her feeding. 3rd and 4th is the blueberry, she has exploded in the last few days. The last time which is my 1st and only time growing Blueberry. She was a big girl, I let her grow normal Main cola was huge. Not sure how she will do after being topped once. She has 2 main colas now, as I remember the smoke from the Blueberry was primo. Well here is a look at Breilla and Marcella.

Attachments

• sourOG.jpg
    sourOG.jpg
    77.7 KB · Views: 33
  • sourOG (2).jpg
    sourOG (2).jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 35
  • blueberry.jpg
    blueberry.jpg
    83.1 KB · Views: 40
  • blueberry (2).jpg
    blueberry (2).jpg