What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Vermontman - Purple Satellite Grow (Indoor / Outdoor)

Usually I am not a fan of topping but with these I would recommend it, especially if you want to make a clone to keep it going.
They are quick to flower as well so sexing should be pretty easy.

Thanks, I'm going to top them tonight. The node spacing is pretty wild. Should I clip up top?

Topped all four last night. Crazy how quickly they grow and recover. Not sure if it's too early for sexing, but I went ahead and took some photos of each.

Blue
IMG_20190423_180539.jpg

Pink
IMG_20190423_180550.jpg

Yellow
IMG_20190423_180603.jpg

Green
IMG_20190423_180626.jpg

therevverend

Veteran
I'm not a pincher or a topper, if the plant has the right growth pattern I'll tie it over. Especially if I see it leaning and it has the right kind of branching. I'll look if I tied the top down all the branches will be about the same height. That way every branch will develop a major top nug. It's best with plants that have long lower branches that get progressively shorter as you move up the plant, tall bushy phenotype. Too early to say if Purple Satellite falls in that category but with the Nepalese genes I'm guessing it might.

This is the right time to pinch, with photo sensitive strains that flower earlier you want to bush them out early. I wouldn't top in June because you want time for the lower branches to develop. Yours are looking great. Love how deep purple the stem is, mine are doing the same thing I think it's a strain trademark. Here's a pic of mine:

picture.php

Looks like rhubarb! You're a couple weeks ahead of me. Getting an early start is a good idea, you may even get to pre-sex. It's nice to know your females early, I'd expect to see a female flower or two in May or June at the latest. It'll be interesting to see if this strain flowers earlier and longer, or starts later and finishes faster. Either way I think we're all pretty excited to be trying this strain.

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
420giveaway
Here's my purple Satellites and Bangi Haze.
picture.php

A few of each have the purpleish coloration in the growing Tips.
picture.php

TheDarkStorm

Lol it actually breed from the oaxacan purple line...a oaxacan thats available in pure form as well. Vermontmans been around more than the 10 years you been growing..

I'm sure he has, ever heard of genetic sequencing? Lets compare it to Otto #2, Have the admin delete my posts. This has already been disputed.

TheDarkStorm

Id love to see how otto2 compares to oaxacan...I dont think it looks nothing like it lets see the pictures....and I dont know wer that strawberry thing comes from ..the half is Nepalese....mind you if it was just a repo of some hemp cbd strain that didnt even get you high..why would it all of a sudden blow your head off.

Id love to see how otto2 compares to oaxacan...I dont think it looks nothing like it lets see the pictures....and I dont know wer that strawberry thing comes from ..the half is Nepalese....mind you if it was just a repo of some hemp cbd strain that didnt even get you high..why would it all of a sudden blow your head off.

Considering that Otto, and any hemp cultivar in general can reach medium to high THC levels of up to 10-15+% when left feral outdoors, I'd say explains alot. USDA research can back my claim of THC levels. The pink pistil trait is quite common in southeast asian hemp as well.

My family has been growing cannabis in VT for 4 generations.
I also hit every event in the tri-state area. Never heard of VTman until 2019, his profile has nothing on it ether to back his legitimacy besides the latest 2019 ACE Seed Endorsement.

Come to the beast coast, I'll hook you up with organic VT grown dank, I attend The Harvest Cup in Worcestor, MA every year and a few in upper state VT.

TheDarkStorm

Considering that Otto, and any hemp cultivar in general can reach medium to high THC levels of up to 10-15+% when left feral outdoors, I'd say explains alot. USDA research can back my claim of THC levels. The pink pistil trait is quite common in southeast asian hemp as well.

My family has been growing cannabis in VT for 4 generations.
I also hit every event in the tri-state area. Never heard of VTman until 2019, his profile has nothing on it ether to back his legitimacy besides the latest 2019 ACE Seed Endorsement.

Come to the beast coast, I'll hook you up with organic VT grown dank, I attend The Harvest Cup in Worcestor, MA every year and a few in upper state VT.
Thats because he actually used a slightly different name but I asure you he has been around for along time...besides I think some one already did a f2 experiment on the purple satellite which would show you wat its made of.

Ahh so why the all of a sudden name change? is he even from Vermont?

F2 - Filial 2 there is not much genetic phenotypic variance. If you wanted to figure out the parentage you can ether opt for broad spectrum genomic sequencing or IBL the lineage 2 generations... interesting perspective tho

Any hemp-crop left past harvest period is considered feral as it loses stability and will start producing THC. I have farmed hemp before, as Vermont has a huge CBD industry. I also have roughly 180 different land-races / heirlooms cultigen as well as 30 different hemp cultivars in my vault.

Latest posts

Latest posts