What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Marijuana Should Never Be Smoked ??

Jellyfish

Invertebrata Inebriata
Veteran
420giveaway
Although the vaporizer has been around for a long time it still feels rich or luxurious futuristic to inhale only vapor no smoke.

:laughing:Dear Art- In spite of our differences, I DO love this sentence. Is English your second language, or do you really talk like this in everyday life? Asking for a friend. Kisses

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
I hope someone didn't complain to have Egzoset's photos removed, that would be petty. We're discussing an important topic in a public forum. And it appears we may have a poor sport whose only purpose is to argue or cause argument. Not for me, not here please. It isn't "my thread," though I would remove negativity from it given the choice. Some prompts do not warrant a response. For example a choice to smoke, or vaporize, isn't the same as long winded posts against vaporizing, think about it for a bit. The man in the first post is still relevant though I admit it sounds a little bit like a click bait title.

this whole thread is way too long winded and complicated, get to the point, what better about this vaping system and why?

as for the links to commercial sites, thats clearly against the terms of service here and we at icmag thank all the members that help patrol this site to stop spam and endless soliciting of our members.

Tabarnac! Gotta love social media. Hope the ratio of online investigators to online spammers/scammers remains in heavy favour of the good guys.

White Beard

I see Egzocet’s winning ways and self-deprecating good humor are making him friends here, just as they have across the Internet, where he is welcomed and beloved by all. Welcome, O Pointy Bird!

soil margin

Veteran
Anyone who thinks cannabis is devoid of cannabinoids after two puffs needs to pass me their bowl and I'll finish that off for them.

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
Anyone who thinks cannabis is devoid of cannabinoids after two puffs needs to pass me their bowl and I'll finish that off for them.
Totally agree.

We have someone who swears up and down vaping is better, yet they describe very low quality cannabis. How the hell can you tell anything about cannabis when your quality is dirt?

Even the LAST exhale, of a full and tightly packed bowl, should taste absolutely amazing and be full of wonderful aroma. Dust in 3 puffs?

Your opinion is based on vaping garbage.

Jellyfish

Invertebrata Inebriata
Veteran
420giveaway
I'm just joshing, and I totally see your point, alcohol and tobacco being the obvious examples. Still, if smoking marijuana is bad, where are all the sick people?

It's high time to get the proper government funded research into exactly what is in this herb of life. How can something so old and popular throughout the ages be so little known? Nevermind blowing billions on missile research and the like...but I digress.

All I know is what I have experienced and that is I get much more out of any cannabis when combusted as opposed to merely heated to temp. I haven't had a bout of asthma since I started smoking it regularly. It may not be fact I just know it's true.

That's not to say the advice I would give to a non smoker just starting would be to begin with vaping first. Let them self medicate from there and discover their new world order, lol.

Jellyfish

Invertebrata Inebriata
Veteran
420giveaway
Nixon ordered a study on marijuana in the 70's. But when they reported that mary jane is basically harmless, he threw out their findings and declared the War On Drugs. So much for the government.

White Beard

It's high time to get the proper government funded research into exactly what is in this herb of life. How can something so old and popular throughout the ages be so little known? Nevermind blowing billions on missile research and the like...but I digress.
With respect, we need government *impediments* to honest research removed...for the last 50 years, govt has only funded research that promised to find HARM DONE - which is how we got the ‘brain damage’ myth, the ‘a-motivational syndrome’ myth, the ‘pot makes you sterile’ myth, and the ‘pot causes birth defects’ myth.

Funny thing: before all this started, cannabis was one of the most heavily researched drugs plants on the planet...we knew more about weed 50 years ago than we knew about aspirin...and Nixon’s commission got the same results as the other major research that had been done to that point by the British Hempire, among others.

Last edited:

JustSumTomatoes

Indicas make dreams happen
I'm just joshing, and I totally see your point, alcohol and tobacco being the obvious examples. Still, if smoking marijuana is bad, where are all the sick people?

One of the problems of pot prohibition (among the many) is that there has been a serious lack of science based information on both the benefits and dangers of its use. Universities and medical centers were, and to an extant depending on where they are at, still are very limited in what research they can conduct. Cannabis hyperemesis syndrome was unheard of until the first green states popped up and people starting reporting their symptoms and the medical field was able to study and diagnose it properly. Though people had always had been getting stoned there, many may have been fearful of reporting their use to their doctors and doctors didn't want to touch the topic, thus the correlation was never made.

20 years ago (and for a few millennia for that matter) we were very aware that pot could treat glaucoma and was useful for a range of other conditions ranging from PTSD to chronic pain but were unaware, at least as a community, that CBD was a miracle drug that could treat severe epileptic disorders.

As far as the dangers of smoking are concerned we first have to separate the cannabis only smokers from the tobacco and cannabis smokers. Even if pot does damage, it will all be attributed to the already known to be harmful tobacco instead. For quite awhile people refused to accept that tobacco smoke was harmful. Hell, everyone and their mom smoked cigs. Shit, even doctors smoked. Then over time people started getting sick. You'd hear people debate whether or not they were bad until the evidence was so overwhelming they could no longer deny it. If I remember right, the guy who did the original artwork for Camel was so convinced that smoking killed his grandfather in a time where it was still up for debate, that he did a little hidden piece of a guy taking a piss in the camels front leg. His original art is still used on their packs of smokes by the way.

Obviously big tobacco and cannabis are two separate things (and hopefully will remain that way) but the point I'm trying to make is that the study of LEGITIMATE pot harms and benefits is fairly recent and will require time before we can make concrete conclusions on either.

I personally eased up on smoking and started getting into edibles cause I could tell smoking was fucking my lungs up. Everyone's body and consumption methods/rate is different. Maybe pot smoke doesn't cause lung harm but cures it and this vaping trend is just silly. Maybe not, who knows for sure at this point. Time will tell just as with everything else.

Sorry for the lengthy reply.

Jellyfish

Invertebrata Inebriata
Veteran
420giveaway
Question for you JustSumTomatoes- Do you buy your weed from a dispensary? Maybe your lung problems are a result of the shit they spray on weed sold in most dispensaries.
Just a thought.

I've been trying for years to kill myself smoking weed, but I always wake up the next morning, good as new. :)