What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Ace Purple Satellite

Thanks Brother, funny you mentioned that cause I had convinced myself I must have put a different seed in one of those teal cups... ha Guess i missed if there was any previous mention of that... green pheno?...

It topped rather nicley...

picture.php
[/IMG]

SolarLogos

Thanks Brother, funny you mentioned that cause I had convinced myself I must have put a different seed in one of those teal cups... ha Guess i missed if there was any previous mention of that... green pheno?...

It topped rather nicley...

View Image]View Image[/url]
That's the one. The mostly green also have the biggest fan leaves. They are spectacular to look at.

And thick stalks too!

I can see some residual soap left over on the leaves. I'm out every other night spraying them with soap and water. So far, no problems. They are not heavy feeders. Mine are happy with just ewc. What are your feeding like?

Peace, God bless

That's the one. The mostly green also have the biggest fan leaves. They are spectacular to look at.
[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=79757&pictureid=1946176&thumb=1]View Image[/URL]

And thick stalks too!
[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=79757&pictureid=1946175&thumb=1]View Image[/URL]
I can see some residual soap left over on the leaves. I'm out every other night spraying them with soap and water. So far, no problems. They are not heavy feeders. Mine are happy with just ewc. What are your feeding like?

Peace, God bless

Looking good Solar...

I've top dress them with worm casting and some organic processed chicken manure(in veg)..

NENugger

2 Purple Satellites and 1 smaller Bangi Haze reg. Getting ready to top PS soon. Bummed only 2 out of 10 regs made it. 2 more germed but were very small and never grew once breaking ground.
picture.php

Was hoping to have at least a couple more PS for outdoors. Anyone have luck cloning PS?

Last edited:

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
2 Purple Satellites and 1 smaller Bangi Haze reg. Getting ready to top PS soon. Bummed only 2 out of 10 regs made it. 2 more germed but were very small and never grew once breaking ground.
View Image
Was hoping to have at least a couple more PS for outdoors. Anyone have luck cloning PS?

Going to try very soon. Probably Monday or so

NENugger

great news Cannared Keep us posted. I hope I get at least one female to clone at least a couple more for the upcoming outdoor season in Ma.

I wood

I have a couple cuttings rooting now, about a week into prrocess. Looking healthy so far, expecting roots any day now. The only hard part was getting the damn thing to branch.
F2s were made while plant went back in veg cycle. Made for some gangly cuts but I did get seeds and clones at the same time.

Good luck with yours.

SolarLogos

I have a couple cuttings rooting now, about a week into prrocess. Looking healthy so far, expecting roots any day now. The only hard part was getting the damn thing to branch.
F2s were made while plant went back in veg cycle. Made for some gangly cuts but I did get seeds and clones at the same time.

Good luck with yours.
I took 4 clones yesterday. I will keep you posted on how they do. So far, no wilting and looking healthy.
Peace, God bless

therevverend

Veteran
And thick stalks too!

Yes. I don't think I've ever seen a strain put as much of it's energy and vigor into growing it's stem. I'll bet it would make good hemp.

We've had sunny days mixed with rainy days, everything is growing like crazy. Lots of re-potting and hole digging. The Purple Satellite has gone through a growth spurt, a big one.

picture.php

The biggest one, showing a lot of purple and red highlights. Showing the first sign of real branch leaves. Towering over other most other plants. Here's a pic of her next to a Royal Kush, which is about average for this time of year.

picture.php

The Royal Kush is much bushier but it isn't pushing up stem like the PS. Indoors or if I was worried about height bending or piniching or tying over would be the plan but I'd like to see how tall they'll get.

They are not heavy feeders.

I gave everybody a shot of fish fertilizer, as you can see this PS liked it although I burned the smallest one a bit. Should have given it a much weaker dose, but it wasn't a big deal. A bit of yellowing and necrosis on the lower leaves. She's already shot up and made new sets. The only plants I burnt badly were a couple Black Raspberries. Didn't expect that because they're hybrids. It may not have been the fertilizer, it could have been moving them to the hot sand from the sheltered nursery during hot weather. The room for error is much smaller when the plants are smaller, should have listened to Solar.

The cool wet weather brought out the color. Here's a close up of the Royal Kush.

picture.php

I'm guessing and hoping it's the lime green pheno. It's not a pure Royal Kush it's Royal Kush x mystery Mendo super (diesely?) male. It's been my go to strain for early mold resistance, good yield and good stoney smoke. That reminds me I should smoke some this afternoon.

The Bangi Haze is also showing color. It's been one of the best plants from day 1. It used to be the biggest plant, it's been passed in that category but it's still one of the biggest best.

picture.php

picture.php

Bangi Haze generally doesn't have thin wispy leaves but this one's looking very Afghan, the widest leaves I've seen in this strain. I see quite a few resin glands in the close up! Nice smell, I'm thinking it smells like keeper whether it's male or female.

SolarLogos

Yes. I don't think I've ever seen a strain put as much of it's energy and vigor into growing it's stem. I'll bet it would make good hemp.

We've had sunny days mixed with rainy days, everything is growing like crazy. Lots of re-potting and hole digging. The Purple Satellite has gone through a growth spurt, a big one.

View Image

The biggest one, showing a lot of purple and red highlights. Showing the first sign of real branch leaves. Towering over other most other plants. Here's a pic of her next to a Royal Kush, which is about average for this time of year.

View Image

The Royal Kush is much bushier but it isn't pushing up stem like the PS. Indoors or if I was worried about height bending or piniching or tying over would be the plan but I'd like to see how tall they'll get.

I gave everybody a shot of fish fertilizer, as you can see this PS liked it although I burned the smallest one a bit. Should have given it a much weaker dose, but it wasn't a big deal. A bit of yellowing and necrosis on the lower leaves. She's already shot up and made new sets. The only plants I burnt badly were a couple Black Raspberries. Didn't expect that because they're hybrids. It may not have been the fertilizer, it could have been moving them to the hot sand from the sheltered nursery during hot weather. The room for error is much smaller when the plants are smaller, should have listened to Solar.

The cool wet weather brought out the color. Here's a close up of the Royal Kush.

View Image

I'm guessing and hoping it's the lime green pheno. It's not a pure Royal Kush it's Royal Kush x mystery Mendo super (diesely?) male. It's been my go to strain for early mold resistance, good yield and good stoney smoke. That reminds me I should smoke some this afternoon.

The Bangi Haze is also showing color. It's been one of the best plants from day 1. It used to be the biggest plant, it's been passed in that category but it's still one of the biggest best.

View Image

View Image

Bangi Haze generally doesn't have thin wispy leaves but this one's looking very Afghan, the widest leaves I've seen in this strain. I see quite a few resin glands in the close up! Nice smell, I'm thinking it smells like keeper whether it's male or female.
We stayed in the upper 70's to mid-80's this month until last Tuesday. Today's high is 54F and it has been raining since last night and forecasted to stay cloudy and low temps until next weekend, when we are supposed to get back to 80. My Purple Satellite hit their big growth during the sunny warm weather. Now they are a little slower in this cold wet weather. When the weather gets a little dryer, I will give mine a little kelp, maybe a little fish emulsion as well. They were a lot smaller when I tried to feed them. I'll give them a few hundred ppm and see how they like it. The runt will probably only get kelp and top dressed again with ewc.
Your PS are very happy and looking great. Healthy and nice color too.
I haven't grown Bangi haze, but yours looks great, thick healthy stalks too. It looks like it doesn't branch much, at least not from this angle in the pic. Do you plan to top it? My OTH side branches really responded well to topping and pinching. I was out for a few days in a row just pinching branches back. PS is starting to branch, but not nearly as well as my OTH and Honduran x Panama. I will get updates when the weather gets better.
Great looking garden Therev. Your going to have some sweet choices of smoke to choose from around the holidays.:canabis:
Peace, God bless

I wood

Out of ten or twelve varieties, purple satellite was the first and third to root. Eight days to abundant roots showing all around rooter plug.
This is despite being stretched out and partially flowering.

therevverend

Veteran
those fans looks very PCK-ish...

I think you nailed it. I've never seen or heard of a PCK leaning Bangi Haze but this is likely it. It's been cold today and I'm seeing more purplling. Not just the shape but the color of the leaves is looking PCK.

I haven't grown Bangi haze, but yours looks great, thick healthy stalks too. It looks like it doesn't branch much, at least not from this angle in the pic. Do you plan to top it?

Instead of trying to explain I'll post a pic from a few years ago. I'd call it medium bushy upright.

picture.php

You could certainly top it, you can judge from the pic it would have plenty of tops. Unless there's a particularly aggressive sow bug or slug I don't top. If I have a plant I really want to bush out I'll tie it over. I've found bushy dense plants are more likely to have mold and mildew problems and I live in a wet area.

This particular seedling may not branch much if it's PCK dominate, I don't remember the PCK being a bushy strain. On the other hand this one looks like a big hybrid and it's most likely it takes on the upright branching that's usual for the strain.

My Purple Satellites are showing the start of pre-flowers, undifferentiated nodes. It seems like the sort of strain to sex early, maybe even have a male go full on in June.

SolarLogos

I think you nailed it. I've never seen or heard of a PCK leaning Bangi Haze but this is likely it. It's been cold today and I'm seeing more purplling. Not just the shape but the color of the leaves is looking PCK.

Instead of trying to explain I'll post a pic from a few years ago. I'd call it medium bushy upright.

View Image

You could certainly top it, you can judge from the pic it would have plenty of tops. Unless there's a particularly aggressive sow bug or slug I don't top. If I have a plant I really want to bush out I'll tie it over. I've found bushy dense plants are more likely to have mold and mildew problems and I live in a wet area.

This particular seedling may not branch much if it's PCK dominate, I don't remember the PCK being a bushy strain. On the other hand this one looks like a big hybrid and it's most likely it takes on the upright branching that's usual for the strain.

My Purple Satellites are showing the start of pre-flowers, undifferentiated nodes. It seems like the sort of strain to sex early, maybe even have a male go full on in June.
Wow, that BH is branchy!
Beautiful plant. No, you would not want to top that. You are right about bending them over though, they make a lot of tops that way and makes a lot of sense if you are in a wet area, something I've not had to consider. Looking amazing TheRev.
Peace, God bless

Last edited:

SolarLogos

Out of ten or twelve varieties, purple satellite was the first and third to root. Eight days to abundant roots showing all around rooter plug.
This is despite being stretched out and partially flowering.
Thank you for that information I wood. I have 2 PS that are going 7 days today, so I will check them tomorrow. As of this morning, they had not rooted yet. One OTH rooted last Saturday, 9 days. Another OTH rooted Sunday and another one this morning, day 11 for them. My Nev Haze x panama rooted this morning, 11 days. I have two more OTH I'm waiting on. My other PS and my Honduran x Panama are only 5 days and I'm still waiting on them.
Great job getting them to root in 8 days.
Peace, God bless

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
I topped two Purple Satellites and stuck them in my cloner. I'll let you know if I have success. Depending on the strain sometimes tops don't want to root.

SolarLogos

I've never seen anything like this in May. We are at 14 hours 26 minutes of sunlight per day and increasing.

Kind of looks like a ball on a stick, no hairs. Couple more on the other side. I'm not one to sex early and I will admit, I'm lazy at it. I just wait until it's blatantly obvious and I cannot deny it anymore. I guess it's time to become more familiar with early preflowers.

Peace, God bless