What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Aurora Indica

Flowerman

These are from Nirvana, notice there are two distinct phenos here, one a normal fat finger medium leaf, and the other really comes off as a sativa long finger leaf, interesting. The thin leaf one did have some deformity to start out with, but these two are really at opposite spectrum's to say the least.

Attachments

• ai.jpg
    ai.jpg
    72.9 KB · Views: 38

JustSumTomatoes

Indicas make dreams happen
Wow, 2 very different looking plants. Nivana's AI is one I've had interest in. I tend to like Northern Lights varieties, I'll follow your grow. :good:

R

Rab.C

great looking plants i like the plant on the right this is meant to be a great strain

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
Damn that one looks very sativa dominant??? I wanted to grow these last summer and they were out of stock and I didn't get them. My old friend Silverback talked very highly of AI.......they look great man!!! Can't wait to see them in flowering

FJ2000

I just finished AI, great smoke and a super easy plant to grow, really forgiving.
Some pics in my gallery.
Can wait to see how that thin leaf plant turns out.

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
I just finished AI, great smoke and a super easy plant to grow, really forgiving.
Some pics in my gallery.
Can wait to see how that thin leaf plant turns out.

I remember Silverback talking about a pheno that was super strong /potent with kinda I'd say a memorable buzz as he described. It's in his sticky somewere...he grew them outdoors. Interested to see how they turn out :tiphat:

Flowerman

A few other things, the first pic is of two cuts and a Misty Kush. The cuts are from some seeds from a wonderful bag of unknown, which is my favorite two clones @ the moment. I call them Blitzen & Porcelina, Both have almost identical growth and highs, but differ to some degree and that's why I keep both. Definitely not production plants, but they are awesome to enjoy. They both have almost no stretch to them, if flowered at 3', they'll only stretch about 4" or 5". They kinda look like C99 in growth pattern, but are not her in the high area, they have those popcorn buds, with small to medium fans, and they allow alot of light to penetrate deep down, and are the easiest girls to trim which is awesome in itself. Blitzen's flavor is an ashy hashy sweetness, a bit of a creeper, but once she kicks in, she pours it on and quickly after that. It's very expansive, opens u up, has a cool body numbness, hits u just right, good whhile watching movies, or just chilling listening to some tunes. Fun to be around others with, creates laughter, and is also very sensuous and arousing, opens the curtains to things in life & spiritual. It's not a sleeper smoke, but it does ease the tension, where u want to chill & relax, kinda of makes ur legs very wobbly though, like rubber bands. Porcelina is identical to this, but without the laughter, it creates a more serious type of high, where u dive into thoughts and can see through things pretty damn easily, but with the same type of numbness, this one though is a little lacking in the yield, but like it for diving within my ownself.
The second photo is of a few Karpov F2 cuts.

Attachments

• Blitzen.jpg
    Blitzen.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 31
  • KarpovF2.jpg
    KarpovF2.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 27

Sign

This order of mine from Nirvana was intercepted, I'll watch your grow and imagine what could have been:)

bigAl25

Veteran
I grew out Aurora Indica 3 years back and it turned out some wonderful ganja. I was very happy with the fem seeds from Nirvana. I also loved their bubblelicious and AK 48 too.

These are from Nirvana, notice there are two distinct phenos here, one a normal fat finger medium leaf, and the other really comes off as a sativa long finger leaf, interesting. The thin leaf one did have some deformity to start out with, but these two are really at opposite spectrum's to say the least.

Man!

Trippy- My last grow I had one that started off all deformed and twisty. I just rolled with it. Glad I did as it actually turned out to be the best out of the 5 regarding terps, high and yield.

Now I have some DP White Widows going with a few others strains that are cuts from a friend. However, in the video it is day 20. The lighting is under HPS but I think you can differentiate the color of the leaves. It seems they are lacking Nitrogen as they look pale greenish to light yellowish but it is day 20 don't wanna be loading the girls up with Nitro.. Everything is organic watering with Ph 6.3 6.5sh The two white widows show no paleness and look nice and green but the other strains seem to be fair skinned. Could it just be a strain thing. I feed using Earth Juice, Liquid Seaweed touch of molasses every other feed sometimes I just use plain phd water nothing added and then every other week top dress with botanicare Pure Bloom about 2 Tbs per 5 gal pot. Using 5 gal smart pots. I use the pick up method as well as look for signs of droop for watering cues. I usually water in about a 1/2 gal each watering. Seems like not enough but when I water them even with this amount all the leaves droop like signs of overwatering and then in a day they are reaching for the lamp. I do see run off at the bottom but not 20% like some suggest you aim for. Is this normal? Stressing them out? Or am I just tripping? Environment is perfect mid 70s, VPD dialed in fuck man I don't know......

At the 27 second mark in the video theres a good contrast of the white widow then in the back of that are the leaves from other strains that seem pale or transitioning into a more pale look than the white widow strain. All the medium is identical...

Peace

Please watch https://youtu.be/KY8LnWts0Mk

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
TraceofVenom, nice video, I see what you are talking about with the light green colors.
Aurora Indica is not may favorite, but It was probably because of me fucking up the grow!

Flowerman

Traceofvenom, In the vid, they do look like some are paler than others. I don’t usually keep up too much anymore with the many kinds of nutrients, I have used Earth Juice many years ago, but never used the liquid seaweed. I try to keep things as simple as I can lol, I just feed now with FloraNova bloom, and in the beginning I just add earthworm castings and perlite to the medium. I just feed when they look like they’re hungry, if only 20 days into flowering, I see no problems with feeding them, as long as that is the problem. Pale leafs most of the time can be attributed to a lack of nitrogen, but it can also be caused by light bleaching if they get too hot or too close to the light, or too much of other nutrients and over the years, I also noted that the same thing can occur if in a closed environment, the draft from the fan winds will go up the walls, more noticeably in the back causing loss of moisture in the leaves, which can turn them pale or even cause them to burn somewhat. But as far as feeding them, if they need food, feed them, it’s usually only the last 2 or 3 weeks I never feed them, so they suck the sugars/nutrients from the leaves as to get a pretty smooth taste to it. But nice grow you have there.
Also, on the watering, I can't tell you how much to water, as I don't know how much of the root has filled out your bag containers, if the roots have completely or almost completely filled them, then they can handle more water, and this varies with each plant cause of growth\health. But when they're almost dry and I can pick mine up and know by feel (weight) I water, as they get bigger, I just water twice a day, and only have a little if none run off, too much water can cause a whole wide array of problems if it's constantly done.

Last edited:
Traceofvenom, In the vid, they do look like some are paler than others. I don’t usually keep up too much anymore with the many kinds of nutrients, I have used Earth Juice many years ago, but never used the liquid seaweed. I try to keep things as simple as I can lol, I just feed now with FloraNova bloom, and in the beginning I just add earthworm castings and perlite to the medium. I just feed when they look like they’re hungry, if only 20 days into flowering, I see no problems with feeding them, as long as that is the problem. Pale leafs most of the time can be attributed to a lack of nitrogen, but it can also be caused by light bleaching if they get too hot or too close to the light, or too much of other nutrients and over the years, I also noted that the same thing can occur if in a closed environment, the draft from the fan winds will go up the walls, more noticeably in the back causing loss of moisture in the leaves, which can turn them pale or even cause them to burn somewhat. But as far as feeding them, if they need food, feed them, it’s usually only the last 2 or 3 weeks I never feed them, so they suck the sugars/nutrients from the leaves as to get a pretty smooth taste to it. But nice grow you have there.
Also, on the watering, I can't tell you how much to water, as I don't know how much of the root has filled out your bag containers, if the roots have completely or almost completely filled them, then they can handle more water, and this varies with each plant cause of growth\health. But when they're almost dry and I can pick mine up and know by feel (weight) I water, as they get bigger, I just water twice a day, and only have a little if none run off, too much water can cause a whole wide array of problems if it's constantly done.

@ Flowerman

Thank you for taking time to watch the video and comment. If I had to guess I would say the root ball has saturated the whole 5 gal pot based off my last grow in 5 gal pots. Maybe not the whole pot but it's probably getting close. I have two fans blowing towards each other. One blowing over the top of the canopy and the other blowing underneath. They are loli popped very well so air circulation is great. I also have a carbon scrubber cycling air. As far as light burn I am running 600W HPS with the option to go to 1000W if I want but that is way overkill for a 4x4 tent. I have a LUX meter and all areas of the canopy the range is from 18000 LUX to 54000 LUX right in the center so I dont think it is a light burn or bleaching problem. One thing I did do a couple weeks ago is I top dressed with some Botanicare Pure Bloom granular. I actually ground it up in a coffee grinder to make it more water soluble. I gave each plant about 3-4 table spoons so not overkill but I wonder if it could have caused a Phosphorus toxicity causing lockout of other nutrients. It's just weird because the White Widows are not affected at all. They are perfectly green all around. This has me scratching my head. I really want to figure it out!

Peace

Flowerman

The 2 AIs turned out to be male, I needed a few xtra seeds, so I pollinated a few lower branches with him, to hopefully find something out of it, I do have two other females, which I haven't began to flower yet. Here's the one male I did use though.

Attachments

• IMG_20190403_125527.jpg
    IMG_20190403_125527.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 30

Flowerman

Here's a pic of Blitzen, really enjoy her high, and the fact she doesn't stretch but a few inches, and the leaves are small, so light penetrates easily down into her. She's at 3 weeks.

Attachments

• DSCN9418.jpg
    DSCN9418.jpg
    85.8 KB · Views: 36
  • DSCN9412.jpg
    DSCN9412.jpg
    105.7 KB · Views: 36
  • DSCN9410.jpg
    DSCN9410.jpg
    79.8 KB · Views: 31

Latest posts

Latest posts