What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Forgiving cheap nutrients

bsgospel

Bat Macumba
Creative process: I'm not considering using any liquid product at all.

Why hasn't anyone answered about K ratios? I keep looking for the answer and can't find it. I'm wondering if the high k ratio is because some people are trying to use a single fertilizer through veg and flower.

Sorry man I meant to pm you. There is a reason for and a reason against. I had it typed out morning but I had to double check myself.

Drop That Sound

Jacks has a bunch of new? FeED formulations BTW, that might be better suited to your water source, stage of growth, etc..

10-30-20 Bloom
Product Details
Need a Boost of Flower Power? Our 1:3:2 major nutrient ratio has been trusted by Jack's Professional growers for over 70 years. This soluble and available nutrient combination stimulates blooming, resulting in heavy bud and fruit set.

5-50-18 UltraViolet
Product Details
Get ready for a serious boost of available phosphorus. The primary goal of this formula is to assist in shutting down the strong vegetative growth stage of the plant and stimulate a switch to the reproductive or flowering phase of plant and flower development.

7-15-30 Finish
Product Details
You've always been told to finish strong. This formula is ideally formulated for this purpose to provide your plants with a very low nitrogen, high phosphorus and very high potassium content to keep the whole plant happy to the end of its crop cycle.

https://www.jacksnutrients.com/

Shipping does kinda suck but then again 25# of just A and B will last me and my garden for years.

I was considering trying a small bag of Finish, just to see if the end product is any different with less nitrogen.

I fed all my different veggies in coco the same ratio/mix, and watered it down a bit for my cannabis plants which i grow in RDWC, at 5-700 ppm max.

All had good growth, very healthy including my cherry tomatoes. I didn't suffer any blight or any disease, they produced very well. My peppers bloomed kind of late though, not sure why. I didn't supplement anything just A & B and a bit of epsom here and there.

Goats

Jacks has a bunch of new? FeED formulations BTW, that might be better suited to your water source, stage of growth, etc..

10-30-20 Bloom
Product Details
Need a Boost of Flower Power? Our 1:3:2 major nutrient ratio has been trusted by Jack's Professional growers for over 70 years. This soluble and available nutrient combination stimulates blooming, resulting in heavy bud and fruit set.

5-50-18 UltraViolet
Product Details
Get ready for a serious boost of available phosphorus. The primary goal of this formula is to assist in shutting down the strong vegetative growth stage of the plant and stimulate a switch to the reproductive or flowering phase of plant and flower development.

7-15-30 Finish
Product Details
You've always been told to finish strong. This formula is ideally formulated for this purpose to provide your plants with a very low nitrogen, high phosphorus and very high potassium content to keep the whole plant happy to the end of its crop cycle.

https://www.jacksnutrients.com/

Shipping does kinda suck but then again 25# of just A and B will last me and my garden for years.

I was considering trying a small bag of Finish, just to see if the end product is any different with less nitrogen.

I fed all my different veggies in coco the same ratio/mix, and watered it down a bit for my cannabis plants which i grow in RDWC, at 5-700 ppm max.

All had good growth, very healthy including my cherry tomatoes. I didn't suffer any blight or any disease, they produced very well. My peppers bloomed kind of late though, not sure why. I didn't supplement anything just A & B and a bit of epsom here and there.

it's cool that they're trying to improve and better cater their recipe, but the shipping thing i can't get past when i can get megacrop from a warehouse in canada using amazon shipping service. it qualifies for prime so i get it in 1-2 days and shipped for free. it's also a toss-up it seems when i order from jr peters on whether or not they come after me for import duties. when they ship from within canada i avoid that. at that point it is literally $100+ added onto the cost (shipping +import duties) for something that works, at best, as good as megacrop.

not a knock on jr peters/jacks, though. the small, personal cultivator is not really their target market or money-making market. they seem to be interested in moving that direction though, so maybe the shipping costs will come down and/or they get a canadian distribution centre.

Drop That Sound

The only thing that really got me passed the shipping, was that I hadn't paid for nutes in over 5 years lol. Not everyone had a good buddy at the grow shop, that lets you go "shopping" in the back room, stock full of every sample from every company ever, to the point of overflowing off the shelfs. It's hard to tell the end result when I would run out of one kind and switch to another halfway sometimes. Price was always my concern and you can't beat free.

He got tired of dealing with customers though (and doing all the work while the manager fucked off for 2 years) and moved to the east coast to run a family owned bar, so I had to fork out 150 bucks because I know all those liquid nutes are a sham.

I did consider megacrop and a few other dry ferts, but Amazon recently started charging out of state taxes here in my state, so they can suck it now too. I won't need to really buy anything for a long time, and even if they had Jacks hydro in stock somewhere local I wouldn't trust it hasn't sat around, or have to spend gas money and risk picking up pests to go get it. I got the new blends that are fresh, while some that get Jacks on amazon are still receiving the old bags. The ratio on CAL-NIT is different with the old bags too, not sure if thats a good thing or not.

That's worth the extra 50 in shipping I paid, directly from the source, IMO.

Why hasn't anyone answered about K ratios? I keep looking for the answer and can't find it. I'm wondering if the high k ratio is because some people are trying to use a single fertilizer through veg and flower.

Yes I agree high K ratio can be used from veg to flower.
I am going to try MasterBlend 4-18-38 Tomato & Vegetable Fertilizer. It is lacking in Magnesium and especialy Calcium so I will have to balance out my formula but it looks like a great product overall for the price. I haven't checked the heavy metal content of it though.

It’s the logical marketing move post ‘lucus’ formulae and the high P myth

Latest posts

Latest posts